Tower of Terror screams

attisb

Originally posted by Disney2002
Do you know that for a fact?

Pretty sure. The same screaming lady sound is used at Six Flags in New Jersey. I worked there and saw the system in use. At the top of the freefall ride at Six Flags is a mirophone. The same outdoor type microphone I saw on Tower of Terror.

Coasterbp

Originally posted by attisb
Pretty sure. The same screaming lady sound is used at Six Flags in New Jersey. I worked there and saw the system in use. At the top of the freefall ride at Six Flags is a mirophone. The same outdoor type microphone I saw on Tower of Terror.

Um no. No mics in the Tower.

The old Fear Every Drop profile has two fake screams in it. Since this profile is still used on Tower 4, you can still hear it.

The first scream, which is more of a yell, is heard once you get to the top Horton Door, you drop down to the bottom Horton Door, then back to the top...once you get back to the top, there is the first fake scream.

The next fake scream, which is a lot LOUDER and more scream-like, if you will, is when you go back up to the bottom Horton Door for the shaking drop. When you start shaking is when the next scream is.

Now remember, this is only on the old Fear Every Drop profile, which is used on Tower 4.

Other than that, no fake screams on the other profiles.

Gurgi

The SCreams are def real. They are created by the magic of the ride. We get so scared and excited that we dont realise how loud we can scream.

In all seriousness though, Legend also says that the screams come from those that have died in the Tower Hotel. As we scream we wake up the dead hotel guests from their slumber. They respond with a loud screech.

To add to the mystery before WDW was built, within the swamp lands there was a Hollywood Motel in the area.

Well that certainly gives me the chills! :eek:

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Gurgi
The SCreams are def real. They are created by the magic of the ride. We get so scared and excited that we dont realise how loud we can scream.

In all seriousness though, Legend also says that the screams come from those that have died in the Tower Hotel. As we scream we wake up the dead hotel guests from their slumber. They respond with a loud screech.

To add to the mystery before WDW was built, within the swamp lands there was a Hollywood Motel in the area.

Well that certainly gives me the chills! :eek:

Where are you getting your information? :lol:

A Hollywood Hotel in the middle of the swamps of "Florida" back in the 60's? I highly doubt this :hammer:

Oh, nevermind, you're new - just saw that.....Welcome to the Boards. I learned quickly when I was knew not to post BS unless I was 100% sure I was right. People don't take too kindly to people who:

1. Bring back OLD posts. This one was last posted in back in March (I think)

2. Don't make stuff up or try to act like an expert

3. If you provide "fact" try to cite your source, and tour guides don't count, HAHA!

Anyway, sorry to be so harsh in the first pararaph, didn't realize you were a rookie :sohappy:

barnum42

Originally posted by edwardtc
I learned quickly when I was knew not to post BS unless I was 100% sure I was right. People don't take too kindly to people who:

1. Bring back OLD posts. This one was last posted in back in March (I think)
When I post BS, I make sure it is 100% Grade A, Top of the Line BS.

Regarding old posts - if you have something valid to add to the thread I personally don't mind, but there have been people who just do it to bring up their post count.

Any hue - welcome to the boards, always nice to see another Briton.

Gurgi

You People!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the sense of humor and creative minds!? Dont you remember being told Legends about rides etc and believing them!? made the ride a lot more fun! Besides a conversation abot ToT screams???? thought id give it a spin.

Just in case you guys didnt know Imagineers make up all sorts of stories to steer away from the real life scenarios. To make it a bit more exciting specially for kids or those young at heart.

Sarcasm could be another explanation to my message. No I wasnt trying to fill up messages to get more "points" ??? I enjoy posting in here, but i guess I will be keeping my sources tight and throw my sense of humor out the window.

It was a joke! Im not a rookie as I used to be part of the site as Gurgi about 3years ago but changed email addys and now im new again, which is cool. Its not about how long.....h why bother explaining myself.

Thanks for the "rookie" welcome.....Im cool :fork: .....again its called been sarcastic :)

Its great to be back!

MouseWorshipper

I know this is a really old thread, but I thought some folks might still be interested.

The ToT screams are fake. The reason the screams aren't always the same is because they are on a scrambled track that goes through various patterns. The reason for this falsification is: 1) To ensure that no profanity is echoed throughout DHS, and 2) to intensify the anxiety caused by standing outside.

Have you ever noticed a sort of quiet echo of the scream as you walk by, but deeper in tenor? Those are the authentic squeals and shrieks of guests.

Tom Morrow

*bump*

There is only ONE audible fake scream that can be heard from outside the Tower, and its only heard in one of the four drop sequences. EVERYTHING else you hear is real.

The shape of the elevator vehicle, lift, and drop shaft causes the screams to be projected outward, almost like a giant megaphone. This is why the screams can be heard from so far away.

Jeremy AU

The screams are 100% real. I've ridden the attraction alone hundreds of times, as well as witnessed it operating empty from the ground on countless occasions, and there are no screams when this happens. So not only are you hearing real screams, but there also isn't any kind of sound amplification system. The ride building is designed and oriented in such a way that the screams project naturally through the park. There ARE speakers in the elevator lift, but these are only used for music and sound effects.

- Bellhop Jeremy

Rodj

The screams are 100% real. I've ridden the attraction alone hundreds of times, as well as witnessed it operating empty from the ground on countless occasions, and there are no screams when this happens. So not only are you hearing real screams, but there also isn't any kind of sound amplification system. The ride building is designed and oriented in such a way that the screams project naturally through the park. There ARE speakers in the elevator lift, but these are only used for music and sound effects.

- Bellhop Jeremy
Sorry to continue the bump to this thread, but Jeremy, what you said is somewhat false. Profile 1 has screaming in it from 2 of the 4 audio channels(The speakers at the top of the drop shaft and one audio channel for the VVC speakers) in the source audio. I have been talking with a CM on here who works at the ToT, @Rod Serling , and he said that they kind of nicknamed Drop Sequence 1 the screaming girl sequence. It was very noticeable from Foxtrot before summer of 2019 when the speakers became quiet. Here is a video I made with drop sequence 1's source audio:
I am somewhat questioning if you are really a CM there, but if you are I would like to ask some questions regarding the status of the Tower recently and the budget that was approved right before the pandemic hit. Unfortunately Rod Serling hasn't been online since July so I haven't been able to know what has been happening recently.

Bellhop97

Hello,., I worked on the TOT back in 1997, and did many ride thru's by myself and there were no audio screams at all, it was quiet and the 4 shafts names are alpha bravo charlie delta, Now I don't know if they have added screams since then., but all the screams I used to hear were from the guests screaming.

Rodj

Hello,., I worked on the TOT back in 1997, and did many ride thru's by myself and there were no audio screams at all, it was quiet and the 4 shafts names are alpha bravo charlie delta, Now I don't know if they have added screams since then., but all the screams I used to hear were from the guests screaming.
Yeah, the one I am talking about is with the current Tower4 profiles introduced in 2003. From 2003-2008 with the original audio system, it was not as noticeable due to the drop shaft speakers being more quiet compared to the VVC speakers until the solid-state audio system was put in.

Jeremy AU

Sorry to continue the bump to this thread, but Jeremy, what you said is somewhat false. Profile 1 has screaming in it from 2 of the 4 audio channels(The speakers at the top of the drop shaft and one audio channel for the VVC speakers) in the source audio. I have been talking with a CM on here who works at the ToT, @Rod Serling , and he said that they kind of nicknamed Drop Sequence 1 the screaming girl sequence. It was very noticeable from Foxtrot before summer of 2019 when the speakers became quiet. Here is a video I made with drop sequence 1's source audio:
I am somewhat questioning if you are really a CM there, but if you are I would like to ask some questions regarding the status of the Tower recently and the budget that was approved right before the pandemic hit. Unfortunately Rod Serling hasn't been online since July so I haven't been able to know what has been happening recently.

I was a bellhop from 2001-2005. Started out on the College Program and then went seasonal. Because I was an engineering major, I also frequently signed up to work as an assistant with the overnight maintenance and engineering crews, as well as gave behind the scenes technical tours. I also worked with the Imagineering crew that designed the DCA and Paris versions. Almost anything technical about the attraction you want to know, I can tell you, barring more recent upgrades, as I saw first hand a great deal about how not only the ride system itself worked, but the show elements as well.

1609365400056.png
1609365935388.png

I will concede, the screams are 95% real, though the one you reference in your video was, as you said, only more recently made louder, and is still not that loud from the street down below. The ones you can hear all the way from the parking lot are very much real, and have a very different sound.

Most front-line operations CMs aren't going to have much info as far as budgets, etc, but I still stay in touch with some full-timers so if you have questions I can try and find out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom