Tower of Terror screams

tj229er

Original Poster
I've always wondered if all of the screams you hear coming from TOT are real. I mean does disney have speakers placed around TOT to make it seem scarier and more intense?

wild01ride

That's funny then- there must be some law of accoustics that any collection of twelve screams will balance out to sound the same even when it's always different people.

If you do stand and listen for any length of time outside of ToT, you notice that at a regular interval, you do hear screams that sound the same every time. I've been to a lot of amusement parks and have never noticed such consistency in screams like that.

Great ride though, I'll be on-board in 44 days! :hurl: :lol:

WDWspider

Propably.

Alien Encounter did the same sort of thing. really enhances the experience alot.

Disney is very clever in making you do what they want you to or think what they want you to.:lookaroun

raven

Originally posted by WDWspider
Propably.

Alien Encounter did the same sort of thing. really enhances the experience alot.

Disney is very clever in making you do what they want you to or think what they want you to.:lookaroun

This is true. Remember the "mother-in-law" line from AE? :lol: Those screams were fake. As for ToT. I always thought they were real but who knows, it's Disney.

ItstheM

I stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and they always had this cricket sound in the tall grass. After a few days of it I could swear it was fake cricket coming from a hidden speaker. Who knows!

ISTCrew20

I beleive they are fake. I have walked by many times when there was only one row full, or the elevator was completely empty, and still heard the same screams I do on a day when the elevators are full

Tim G

Originally posted by tj229er
I've always wondered if all of the screams you hear coming from TOT are real. I mean does disney have speakers placed around TOT to make it seem scarier and more intense?
Some are, some are not...

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I'd say it's probaby canned, too. It's too perfect of a scream everytime. I know I've been on it where no one screamed and my dad said he could still hear people from below for each elevator until we got out. He said he'd not heard one where no noise was made...

Veeeery Interesting! Something to ponder on. :D

1stStarIC2nite

I had always thought they put like recorders of some kind in the shaft that records all the screams and then projects them into the que line as well.. but I dont know...

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by tj229er

I agree with others - some are and some are not.

I have been outside the ride while empty or near-empty elevators were running - and heard the same screams. The first time I ever went on it, I first thought they sounded fake anyway. Also, when you're on the ride, you can hear them....and I was on an elevator with a few other people, none of which were girls - and I still heard the high-pitched screams, haha!

MagicalMonorail

Yes I think the Tower does have some sort of speaker system. Those people are pretty high up when they fall. From people so far from the ground you can sometimes hear them at the end of Sunset boulevard. I've stayed waiting outside RnRC and heard the same high-pitched scream over and over. Of course there were random screams like people who shouted out other people's names. Like "Donna!" was one of the ones I think I heard. So it's a nice mix.

ThirdEye

Its like the classic door opening sound. You know in every movie comerical, video game its always the same door opening sound. I think its a recorded scream. Becuase I have been on ToT with just me and some friends and none of us screamed. But there was a high pitch shrieking...Well now that I think about it, it could of been me not noticing I was screeching like a girl. Ahh just kidding nothing at disney makes me scream unless I see minni
e shes hot!

attisb

Actually it is a combination of both pre recorded screams and a microphone that is placed at the top of each elevator (near the camera). This combination allows for a more random sound.

Disney2002

Originally posted by attisb
Actually it is a combination of both pre recorded screams and a microphone that is placed at the top of each elevator (near the camera). This combination allows for a more random sound.
Do you know that for a fact?

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by ogryn
Has anyone heard any *naughty* words from outside the Tower? (or from people in the same car as you?)

Heck, the first time I rode it, without thinking, I could have shamed a sailor! Oops. I wasn't expecting that magnitude of a fall!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom