Tower of Terror Question

shamrockinjimmy

Original Poster
Ive ridden the tower of terror many times, and everytime towards the end i feel like i am lying on my back. I was just curious to see if anyone else felt this same sensation?

wdwishes2005

shamrockinjimmy said:
Ive ridden the tower of terror many times, and everytime towards the end i feel like i am lying on my back. I was just curious to see if anyone else felt this same sensation?
only a sense of bliss......

MrNonacho

Premium Member
CThaddeus said:
Just the feeling that this is a very overpriced Maliboomer.

A bit puzzled here... Would you rather have an off the shelf Space Shot than Tower?

I guess that's fine if you do, but many of your other posts have lamented about the very addition of those types of rides.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
CThaddeus said:

wow you are missing out on a lot of the storyline and effects if you find it equivalent to a space shot.

pbc

First time I rode with the new drop profile, by the end I didn't know if we were going up or down unless we passed the windows, and I felt like I was on my stomach (but not my back). I was insanely disoriented.

It was a good feeling. :)

Epcot82Guy

shamrockinjimmy said:

I will support ya on this one! When I was a kid and rode it the first time or two, I used to feel that way. However, the new drop patterns don't leave me with that feeling (note that the first time I rode it was 1997 and then the next was 2002 when I was 20). I think it might be an age/height thing.

crazygirley

Hmm... no. Never had that feeling. Where exactly do you feel this feeling? Is it after all the drops and such are said and done and just before the elevator doors open to let you off? If so, you know the ride vehicle is moving backwards and sideways, right?

lawyergirl77

Heh, the only feeling I get is the one that makes me turn to the people who dragged me on the ride and say: "I hate you with the passion of a thousand burning suns... Let's do it again!!!!"

Chape19714

CThaddeus said:
yeah, but maliboomer is all about the upward launch, and tower is about the downward fall. So, still a bit confused.

sillyspook13

lawyergirl77 said:
Heh, the only feeling I get is the one that makes me turn to the people who dragged me on the ride and say: "I hate you with the passion of a thousand burning suns... Let's do it again!!!!"
For anybody who was at the December meet, I said something quite similar! :lol:

CThaddeus

A Maliboomer inside a building and in reverse is still a Maliboomer. I'm sorry, while I'm all about a great story, I've always felt this attraction was a bit short on it. I like the video, don't get me wrong, and the theming is nice, but I've always felt like you're just being rushed to the drop portion. Of course, this is much worse at California Adventure, where the forward motion part was completely abandoned to save money (and this was my favorite part of the ride), but I've always found this to be one of Disney's lesser attractions. I know I'm a minority here, and that's fine. To each his own. I like thrills as much as the next guy, but when the thrill has so little before and after it, it just feels like such a let down. I applaud Disney for attempting some kind of story...in that sense, of course, it is unlike the Maliboomer. I'd just like to see the story expanded.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Anyone know where I can buy the movie Maliboomer, starring Kirsten Dunst and everyone's favorite funnyman Steve Guttenberg?

CThaddeus

Uh, yeah. That rates right up there with "The Country Bears." And having to watch that again would be more frightening than any elevator drop. Ewwww. But I apologize to the person who started this thread. I have gotten away from your subject matter. My dislike of the ride is causing an unnecessary argument.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom