Tower of Terror in Paris

Testtrack321

This has been a recent fad on the internet, posting fake news articles.

Here's how to tell if they are fake or not.

When you roll your mouse over the link, somewhere on the screen there should be something that tells what the URL is (usually the bottom left corner of the window you are in.) If it has an "@" in it, then everything before it is where it will really go. After it is the 'supposed' Disney or whatever site.

Here's a demo:

http://www.disney.com@apple.com

Ok? Cool...

stagestar

??

HI Corrus,

I'm sorry but I think you are wrong.

To the left of the RnR is a roughly 10 meter wide road which connects the parking lot / set up area of the parade with the backstage area, next to the road the main rail link of the RER and the TGV connecting the resort with paris are located. So this is definitely not enough room for a ToT clone.

The original master plan called for an ToT clone to come to the WDS and a huge open space is right in the heart of the park - but it is located to the right of Armageddon and stretches all the way to the Art of Animation. This area is fenced off by a permanent fence already bearing the design fitting to a possible ToT, just as a future entrance to the area which is now used as roofed seating area for a food court called "La Terrasse". According to the few snippets of the original master plan this area was earmarked for the ToT

The fenced off area did see NO preparation work prior to the park opening (besides getting flattened) or ever since besides the construction of a toilette building in its corner right next to Armageddon. Since the opening the area is used to store left over elements from the construction. It was also used as the site where the media-tent was set up during the opening.

NO action of any kind has been reported since.

If you would have followed the close coverage of this topic on nearly all websites (but certainly www.dlp.info) you would have known all that.

Yours
Dirk

Tim G

Re: ??

Originally posted by stagestar
I'm sorry but I think you are wrong.
NO action of any kind has been reported since.

Was hoping to start the rumour again...
It didn't work (obviously):lol: LOL :lol: LOL :lol:

ToTBellHop

Tower of Terror IS coming to Disneyland Paris. Look closely at a certain archway on the wall around the walled off area in the middle of the park, by Armageddon. You will see the following (picture from Screamscape):

Attachments

• totparis.jpg
    totparis.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 185

Léo

To sum up...

Here's the story...

Disney wanted to open ToT by the time the park opened; but finallly they opened a clone of the Rock'n'Roller Coaster as Disney Studios' first E-ride.

Why didn't they build ToT? Basically, WDI + Jay Rasulo (the then CEO of Disneyland Paris) wanted not only a clone, but a brand new ToT: the toon tower (technology of ToT, but themed after "Who framed Roger Rabbit?"). But Eisner didn't greenlight the too expensive project.

But WDI had already earmaked an area for ToT (right in the middle of the park, which, by the way, semms weird... Imagine Spce Mountain on Main Street). That's why you can see those evidence.

Here's another evidence (a map at WDI):

Léo

Attachments

• tower of terror - on the map!.jpg
    tower of terror - on the map!.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 184

Al

Re: To sum up...

Originally posted by Léo
Here's the story...

Disney wanted to open ToT by the time the park opened; but finallly they opened a clone of the Rock'n'Roller Coaster as Disney Studios' first E-ride.

Why didn't they build ToT? Basically, WDI + Jay Rasulo (the then CEO of Disneyland Paris) wanted not only a clone, but a brand new ToT: the toon tower (technology of ToT, but themed after "Who framed Roger Rabbit?"). But Eisner didn't greenlight the too expensive project.

But WDI had already earmaked an area for ToT (right in the middle of the park, which, by the way, semms weird... Imagine Spce Mountain on Main Street). That's why you can see those evidence.

Here's another evidence (a map at WDI):

Léo

I think ToT is really what the studios needs, hopefully it will come soon :)

Léo

I hope so to...

I really do hope ToT will come to the WDS soon... But with DLP's financial troubles, we havent' had any new attraction since 1999 ("Honey I shrunk the audience"), and we won't get any before at least 2005-2006...

Léo

Paul T

DLP is in need of another big ride! ToT in orlando was great and i think it will certainly encourage more people into the park! as well as keeping the exisiting guests happy! Wonder if Disney's bank will give them a bigger overdraft ;) probably not... lol

imagineer boy

Hold everything! I've got some good news!!!!!!!!!! This is no Hoax! I've gone on a rumor website. It tells you everything from new rides that are rumors, being Imagineered, being built, and and open. It said that the ToT in Paris right now, is in the process of being built! Can anyone else confirm this?:D

Tim G

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Hold everything! I've got some good news!!!!!!!!!! This is no Hoax! I've gone on a rumor website. It tells you everything from new rides that are rumors, being Imagineered, being built, and and open. It said that the ToT in Paris right now, is in the process of being built! Can anyone else confirm this?:D

It's indeed NO hoax...

The soil has been made ready for construction...

But that's about it, and yes, there will be a ToT in DLP
No matter what anybody says... (LOL)..
what kind?
Like WDW, like DCA or like TDS, can't tell you...

I'm not blabbermouth Eisner... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom