Tower of Terror female narrator

fngoofy

I have always always thought this was a man's voice. I picture Droopy as a bellhop (not Dis I know!). But now I am doubting myself after seeing this conversation.

I thought of Winnie the Pooh which is Sterling Holloway. Also, isn't this the same voice that tells you the doors are about to open to the study at the beginning of the attraction?

xsupaxmanxsfnex

No way, that is definitely a female right before you load the elevators. At least I always thought that. I kinda like that voice too, enough that I am still able to hear it right now.

the-reason14

No way, that is definitely a female right before you load the elevators. At least I always thought that. I kinda like that voice too, enough that I am still able to hear it right now.

That's always what I thought too. I never thought the speaker as a man. Thinking about it, I can kinda see why people would think that, but honestly it kinda trips me out to know people thought/think it's a man.

cupanudles

Itispat.jpg

Slowjack

My vote is a woman. Sounds a lot like a voice actress that I've heard in a few games, doing old-witch type of characters, but that's probably a coincidence.

rodserling27

Obviously that's why (s)he was cast for the voice. ;)

As long as we're talking about voices on ToT, I definitely like our "Rod Serling" better than DCA's. Their Serling sounds more like Rod Serling's "hip" son trying to sound like his dad. Just my $0.02.

DCA's ToT (voice starts at 1:07) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt5b-Iix0NQ

I like me everywhere I am. :lol: (Get it? Because my username is...Rod...nevermind).

But in all seriousness, DCA's Rod (which is actually the same guy) is far too sinister sounding, in my opinion.

jwarren3768

Original Poster
It is Linda Hunt. She was also the voice of "management" in the HBO show Carnivale.

She is also the narrator in the "GOD OF WAR" video games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94SAF-Gzdg0&feature=fvst

:sohappy: Thanks Bob. Appreciate your confirmation.

As for her androgyny (is that a word), just check Ms. Hunt's IMDB profile's trivia section. Apparently she has frequently (well at least twice) played male characters.

"Has twice played male roles that did not feature or reference her actual female status: Billy Kwan in The Year of Living Dangerously (1982) and The Management in "Carnivàle" (2003) (who, though mostly unseen, is often referred to by other characters as male)."

BrightImagine

I'm one of the people who thought this voice was a man. But think I can accept that it's Linda Hunt.

Did John Fiedler ever play a bellhop on TV? Because I think that's who I've been picturing for years as the host.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom