Tower of Terror Effects 2

raven

In case you aren't familiar with fiber optics it is a thin plastic wire that light can pass through. The light sorce is on one end of the cable and then the other end of the wire is place where the effects is to go. Many cables are put together in different patterns to acheive the effect. The cables are gathered together in a certain pattern as well so that when the light is passed through them they can seem like they are moving.

Other places in WDW where fiber optics are used are the star and patterned sidewalks in Future World in Epcot as you leave the park, Tinkerbell in the Peter Pan store in Fantasyland, and the unload station in Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment...to name just a few. :wave:

Rayray

raven said:
In case you aren't familiar with fiber optics it is a thin plastic wire that light can pass through. The light sorce is on one end of the cable and then the other end of the wire is place where the effects is to go. Many cables are put together in different patterns to acheive the effect. The cables are gathered together in a certain pattern as well so that when the light is passed through them they can seem like they are moving.

Other places in WDW where fiber optics are used are the star and patterned sidewalks in Future World in Epcot as you leave the park, Tinkerbell in the Peter Pan store in Fantasyland, and the unload station in Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment...to name just a few. :wave:
Another point to add: Fiber optic cables allow light to bend with it. In other words, fiber optics makes the job easier on WDI. The light source can be placed anywhere near the sign (underground, in a hidden box, etc.) as long a the cables can be snaked up to the sign. Think about the kid's toys that castmembers sell before Wishes or Illuminations - they look like clear strands of hair.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
raven said:

And Tink's suit in Wishes.

Teenchy

Thrawn,

Maybe I havent been looking to close for awhile, buts whats with the new look?

Halloween costume?. Makes you more intimidating than ever!

This coming from a newbie.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Oh yeah, Thrawn I like the new Halloween costume, or is this a permanent addition to your avatar?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
unkadug said:
Oh yeah, Thrawn I like the new Halloween costume, or is this a permanent addition to your avatar?

Nope its a Halloween costume. I'll leave it on for a few days afterward though.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
i thought the new avatar was going to be a breakthrough. it's kind of like when they said the segway was going to revolutionize the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom