Tower of Terror and a dime

mellie882

There was a boy and his father sitting in front of me once. The father was obviously scared and was only riding to prove something to his son. The boy was wearing a hat, which I saw come off his head and fly somewhere. At the end of the ride, the boy could care less about the ride and was devastated about losing his hat. He asked his dad if they could stick around or ride again to find his hat. White as a ghost, his father said, "Forget the hat!" I thought it was pretty funny.

Disney2002

Everyone who has been on the tower knows that the drops are never to long before you go springing back up. Never long enough to test little games. But what's more, it's extremely inconsiderate and dangerous to be letting objects fly around the drop shaft.

kennyj29

Freefalling

My husband and I had just gone on Rock N Roll Rollercoaster before tower of terror. Since my son is a drummer we bought him four sets of drumsticks from there. Needless to say, we went on TOT and the sticks came out of the bag and ended up all over the elevator. Everyone laughed because obviously, we didn't do it on purpose. But man that was wierd. Thank heavens they didn't hurt anybody in the elevator, or I would have felt terrible!!!!!!!!

Timekeeper

It's Raining Money

For the record, all water balloons that left the elevator vehicle did so by "accident."

One time, this one guy must have had a bunch of cash loosely stored in his front shirt pocket because after one of the initial drops, there was money floating around inside the elevator. People were grabbing for it and I don't think they realize where it came from. Finders keepers, right? I wonder how much of his money he actually got back. I just wish the camera could have taken a picture of that.

The best way to test the gravitational forces at work is to play a My Pal Mickey on your lap.

Actually, I've never seen anyone throw or attempt to throw anything from the ride vehicle.

Tk

MGMBoy

We were in a car with a lor of people who were a lot of fun once. My sister and I have a tradtition. After you move into the drop shaft, after Rod Serling says, "...in the Tower of Terror" but RIGHT before the drop starts. We always scream at the top of our lungs, "We're all going to die!" We did that and during the drops I felt something brush my leg. We went to get out and there was a pair of sunglasses on the floor next to me. I asked who was missing their sunglasses and they all laughed because they thought I was kidding. Turns out a guy had them in his shirt pocket and they had flown back to me.

1disneydood

Wonder if puke would hover like a coin or camera? Who wants to ride with me after a full meal so we can test the hypothesis? :lookaroun :lol:

Foolish Mortal

Re: Egg on Tourist's Face

Originally posted by Timekeeper
I like to bring 3 or 4 eggs and toss them out of the elevator at the top floor. Sometimes the eggs clear the facade and land in the queue. You just have to be careful not to throw during the picture-taking, because then there would be evidence.

My friend tried doing that with water balloons once, but the balloons burst half way through the ride. You should have seen the looks he got walking out of the attraction (because ToT is obviously not a "wet" ride.) It's the CM's, not the regular guests, that do the crazy stuff.

:p

Tk

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS !!!!!! My god think about what your saying/suggesting. NOTHING good can come out of you're little experiment. It's stupidity like this that gets innocent people hurt. How would you like to be on vacation one minute and in a hospital the next due to someone's carlessness. It's morons like you that caused Disney to shut down the skyway. Even if that poor guy didnt get killed, they were going to shut it down because idiots thought it would be cool to throw things off. I'm far from a violent person but if I could ring your neck I would. I can only hope you were trying to make a very bad joke.

I agree with edwardtc, i'd dime your sorry butt out in a second.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Re: Re: Egg on Tourist's Face

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS !!!!!! My god think about what your saying/suggesting. NOTHING good can come out of you're little experiment. It's stupidity like this that gets innocent people hurt. How would you like to be on vacation one minute and in a hospital the next due to someone's carlessness. It's morons like you that caused Disney to shut down the skyway. Even if that poor guy didnt get killed, they were going to shut it down because idiots thought it would be cool to throw things off. I'm far from a violent person but if I could ring your neck I would. I can only hope you were trying to make a very bad joke.

I agree with edwardtc, i'd dime your sorry butt out in a second.

Yeah that was pretty dum. People like him make me wanna do this. :brick:

kennyj29

Foolish Mortal

I agree completely, that's why I love Disney so much because I have never encountered stupidity like that at Disney where as if I go to six flags I do!!!! Anyway, good luck in the playoffs!!! As Islander fans, we are all rooting for you guys to win!!!!!

pilka214

ok i am sorry bout the paper airplane thing before yah i guess it could hurt someone. but for all the ppl who wanna test gravity i would say take a little tiny piece of paper set it in your lap and watch it fly when u drop. this way nothing breaks nobody is hurt and u get to see paper look like it is hovering. works for everyone

brich

You want to test gravity? Drink a lot of beer. For those not old enough to drink, tie your shoes together and run like crazy... Just don't bring things on the ride that could hurt someone, including a full stomach. :cry: :lol:

Timekeeper

5th Annual Cookie Tossing Contest

Foolish Moral and Mr Disney,

Of course I'm not serious. If you would have taken the time to read all the posts in the thread, you would have seen my latter post which concluded with the following:

"Actually, I've never seen anyone throw or attempt to throw anything from the ride vehicle."

Of course, if someone can think of an idea like throwing something from the ride vehicles, there's probably people out there who would be stupid enough to actually do it.

Tk

tbell

i was just there...and i can confirm that when the ride was over, i found cigarettes all over my seat..........from the guy that was seated behind me........i knew something was hitting me, but i wasn't sure what it was cause it was dark...........but when the ride was over i helped him collect them.......... hold on to everything..even if its in your pockets

figmentfan

I've tried this experiment with a balled-up tissue. It works! The tissue floated in front of me for a little while. Also, this will work with a laynard around your neck. I was wearing one without any pins, and it floated up.

Now I need to try this with myself. I won't wear the seatbelt when riding, and see if I will float out of my seat:lol: :lol: :lol:

phlydude

Whenever I go down to WDW, I put one of those strings around my sunglasses so that I don't have to put them in my pocket when changing from inside to out and to keep them with me on the outside rides, not on the ground somewhere! During the ToT, my sunglasses were strung down around my neck and floated in front of my face on the drops. It was pretty cool!!:lol:

Bliff

Am I missing something?

Ok, I just gotta ask - why does anyone need "props" to conduct this experiment?

Just make sure your seatbelt isn't fastened too tight, and don't hang on to anything when the elevator drops... your whole body lifts off the seat for a second or two.

Even in the "lap bar" days, if you were sitting in the same row with someone who was physically big, you'd float up until your legs hit the lap bar.

No props, please!

phlydude

Re: Am I missing something?

Originally posted by Bliff
Ok, I just gotta ask - why does anyone need "props" to conduct this experiment?

Just make sure your seatbelt isn't fastened too tight, and don't hang on to anything when the elevator drops... your whole body lifts off the seat for a second or two.

Even in the "lap bar" days, if you were sitting in the same row with someone who was physically big, you'd float up until your legs hit the lap bar.

No props, please!

The last time I went on it was in 1999 when there were lap bars for all except the middle seat on the back row. I was the biggest person in my row so the bar was on my legs at all times.

I don't know about anyone else, but I grabbed onto that bar for dear life when I rode it!

Call me what you will but I am still working on overcoming my fear of drops!!:zipit:

disneyisbest

First of all there is really no need to TEST this. If the force is great enough that WE have to be strapped down then it is pretty obvious that a anything that weighs less than is will get up in the air.

disneyisbest

I really should read these things more thoroughly. I just realized that some just said basically the same thing just 2 post above me. Sorry!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom