Tower of Terror Ad On World Drive Coming Down?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
The Tower of Terror was missing both movable 'cars' on each side today. You know, the car with people in it that moved randomly?

They were covered with green tarps at the bottom of the advert on world drive.

Is it coming down? Refurb for 13th anniversary? Someone finally rescue those people?

DisneyWales

Well ive noticed it has been broke more and more the last few times we went.

One of the cars was off while i was there in Feb this year.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think they need repair a lot. As was said, one was removed and repair work done while we were there this past February. It was back up and moving by the time we left. Perhaps they've been temporarily taken down in anticipation of unusually high winds in the forecast? I don't imagine they would do well in windy conditions.

The fact that the cars are covered by tarps means they are probably going to be put back up... Why protect them if they're being scrapped? :shrug:

MojoMax

I did see the sign this past weekend, and I know that one side was working normally. I did not however notice the other side at all so I cannot say if it was there or working. Guess we will see what comes of it.

ToTBellHop

I wonder why they haven't decided to do a retheming for the 13th anniversary next month with new drop sequences? Would've been something cheap to market in a park that hasn't had anything marketable in years.

Piebald

I think they need repair a lot. As was said, one was removed and repair work done while we were there this past February. It was back up and moving by the time we left. Perhaps they've been temporarily taken down in anticipation of unusually high winds in the forecast? I don't imagine they would do well in windy conditions.

The fact that the cars are covered by tarps means they are probably going to be put back up... Why protect them if they're being scrapped? :shrug:

That's a good possibility. Yesterday we had to take down a lot of umbrellas and tie a lot of them up as well because there were high winds.

hcswingfield

The Tower of Terror was missing both movable 'cars' on each side today. You know, the car with people in it that moved randomly?

They were covered with green tarps at the bottom of the advert on world drive.

Is it coming down? Refurb for 13th anniversary? Someone finally rescue those people?

Maybe the cars have gone to ..............The Twilight Zone!!!!!

WDWFigment

I wonder why they haven't decided to do a retheming for the 13th anniversary next month with new drop sequences? Would've been something cheap to market in a park that hasn't had anything marketable in years.

This seems like something that definitely would've been something for MGM to market; I wonder why they dropped the ball on it. Perhaps the last time(s) they introduced a new version of ToT, it didn't result in any noticeable gains for the park?

EPCOT.nut

They are taking it down and moving it to Epcot where it will replace the wand! :fork:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I saw the words "world...coming down" and my mind thought "wand coming down"

I think I am going to invent a game where the first person to remove the wand from EPCOT wins. Matter of fact I am starting work on it right now.:drevil:

Capt. Jack

Did they change the # of the ride again? It seems like everytime I go to Disney World, its a higher #, i'm waiting to go back & see "Tower Of Terror: 595849535405" & it'll never end. :ROFLOL: :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom