Tours

KimPossible

Original Poster
Hey, i'm getting ready to travel to Wdw and was wondering what tour to take. I am a tour junkie and have done the keys to the kingdom, family magic, and World showcase ones, and loved them but what else is good?

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by KimPossible
Hey, i'm getting ready to travel to Wdw and was wondering what tour to take. I am a tour junkie and have done the keys to the kingdom, family magic, and World showcase ones, and loved them but what else is good?

If you're loaded and have a day off of the parks, take Backstage Magic. It's $200 and last about 7 hours. It doesn't require park admission because it takes most of the day.

It goes in some attractions at EPCOT, lunch and a costume shop tour at MGM, backstage and in the tunnels at the MK, and in the central shops and other buildings. It's REALLY awesome.

Magic of Disney's Steam Trains is cool too. It's early, before the MK opens, and you learn about the history of the trains, watch them test the failsafe systems, and you get to ride back behind the park to the roundhouse.

If you want more info, IM me on AIM at "edwardtc"

webmomom

There is two awesome tours at the AK. One takes you behind the scene and the other "Wild by Design" does the front of the Park". the Wild by Design tour is neat because you get to wear headsets and you can hear everything the cm is saying. Everytime we take another tour I usually write down when they ask for your comments that all of the tours near the headsets.

On the first tour the last time we took that one in Oct we were able to touch a White Rino, got up very very close to a Graiffe and we were on the safari ride by ourselves with the cm and they pointed out some really neat things and tricks that you would not know to see if you just go on the ride normal.

I would highly recommend both of these tours.

Brandon

TOUR

THE TRAIN TOUR WAS THE BEST. BUT I AM A CAROLWOOD RAILROAD FAN. THE HISTORY OF THE TRAINS AT DISNEY WORLD IS AMAZING. THEY WERE REAL WORKING TRAIN SHIPPED AND RETORED FOR DISNEY. THEY BOUGHT THEM FOR $1500.00 EACH WHEN THE PARK OPENENED. IF YOU GET A REAL TRAIN BUFF THAT GIVES THE TOUR IT REALLY BRINGS TO LIFE THAT THE ENTIRE DISNEY THEME PARK(S) WERE BUILT FOR WALT DINEY TO PLAY WITH HIS TOYS. A GIANT TRAIN LAYOUT FOR HIM TO PLAY WITH.

SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONSE BUT THERE IS A LOT TO BE SAID FOR THE STEAM TRAIN TOUR.

KimPossible

Original Poster
Hey everyone, thanks for the info. i wish i could do backstate magic, but i feel like 7 hrs is so long. i like the sounds of that safari tour though and i was thinking about the segway tour as well. any thoughts?

CrackerJack

We are thinking of the Segway tour as well this year. I think it sounds like a hoot. And there won't be alot of walking ... It does appear that this tour gets filled up pretty regularly, so you probably need to get your reservations asap.

If we don't do that, I may have to ditch the wife for a few hours and do DiveQuest. I'm certified to dive but she isn't -- and has no intention of ever getting certified. That sounds like a very cool tour as well.

webmomom

We are going back to WDW middle of next month. We are scheduled to take the Segway Tour. Will let you know when we come back how it was. From everthing I have heard it is great.:drevil: :drevil:

dae_woods

Backstage magic is great but long. Luckily it does not require park admission. There really isn't a lot of walking rather a lot of standing. However, they do provide a nice bus to travel on from park to park. My favorite part of that is seeing the behind the scenes of the American Adventure. It is one of my favorite attractions and it is amazing to see how it works.

Also, the steam train tour is a fun one but you really have to be into trains. luckily, I am.:) The neat part of that is that you get to see main street completely empty. And, you are done with the tour right as the park opens. Perfect timing!!

My next trip...IN 2 WEEKS...I hopefully will get to try the segway tour. Sounds pretty cool.:hammer:

webmomom

We took that tour in Oct. We really loved it. We got to see some really neat things. A lot of walking, but you get to take a break in the Lands. Would I take it again, Yes.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom