Touring Plans ?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I checked out touring plans and it says it will be a 4 out of 10 when we go. What does that mean in English? THNX

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
OI has moderate to slow and Undercovertourist has 4-6 out of 10. Do you think we'll need express pass? We'll have 6 park days

DisneyJoe

I checked out touring plans and it says it will be a 4 out of 10 when we go. What does that mean in English? THNX
http://touringplans.com/universal-orlando/crowd-levels#
"We at Touring Plans define a 'crowd' as the average posted wait time for the key attractions between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm."

See http://touringplans.com/universal-studios-florida/crowd-levels and http://touringplans.com/islands-of-adventure/crowd-levels

It's driven by data and statistics.

JoeCamel

I agree with the above UNLESS your primary objective is to avoid lines at any cost. Many of the queues are highly themed so you want to take your time and enjoy the details. On a slow crowd day it will be a walk through so you will need to do multiple trips to take it all in. Certainly the HP rides you will want to spend plenty of time in the queue.

BrianV

I agree with the above UNLESS your primary objective is to avoid lines at any cost. Many of the queues are highly themed so you want to take your time and enjoy the details. On a slow crowd day it will be a walk through so you will need to do multiple trips to take it all in. Certainly the HP rides you will want to spend plenty of time in the queue.

True. No my objective to is always minimize lines so we would always stay on site for that perk. But with 6 days it isn't NEEDED. As much as I love UO, I'd be bored by six days with EP.

(Aside: Imagine what wdw could charge for such a pass. I'll bet they could charge $1000 a day and they would still sell.)

JoeCamel

You can get it with WDW. You just need to get a VIP tour. You can do the pre assigned tours at 299/person or the customized tour for 450/hour for up to 10 people- minimum of 6 hrs required. So $2700 minimum- but it'd "only" be 270/person- well less than 1000- if you had 10. And the benefits are well beyond EP. Universal has the same thing Albiet less expensive.

6 days at UO would be cool. You can really take your time.

Don't forget to add park admission to those ;)

I have an AP to UOR and seem to find ways to enjoy myself about 50 days a year so 6 days is easy to fill.

BrianV

You can get it with WDW. You just need to get a VIP tour. You can do the pre assigned tours at 299/person or the customized tour for 450/hour for up to 10 people- minimum of 6 hrs required. So $2700 minimum- but it'd "only" be 270/person- well less than 1000- if you had 10. And the benefits are well beyond EP. Universal has the same thing Albiet less expensive.

6 days at UO would be cool. You can really take your time.

Interesting. I don't know much about that. For the $450 /hour can you go/do whatever rides you what? Not exactly the same but cheaper than I would have expected.

I want a pass that let's you use the fast pass line for every ride in the magic kingdom. But truth be told, I don't really want that because I couldn't afford it and others could! ;)

danpam1024

our longest UOR trip was 9 days- 3 with the kiddo before his Sea World resident camp and 6 days to ourselves. I love that kid more than life itself, but the experience without him was AMAZING. Even though we stayed at HRH, we didn't use EP most of the time- we just putzed around and took our time- saw a bunch of stuff we never really noticed before on our never ending quest to get on the next ride. We weren't bored, I'd do it again.

Disneyhead'71

Sadly no.
You definitely won't need express passes.
Not to get too personal, but what is the make up of your party (adult/kids and ages). The reason I ask, is 6 days will give you plenty of time to explore the parks and resorts. And I have plenty of suggestions for everyone.

For families there are character meals and the Luau. For adults there are fun things like the tequila bar in Antojito's and the dueling piano bar at Pat O'Brian's. And for couples there are things like the Mandera Spa and BiCE at Portofino Bay Resort.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
You definitely won't need express passes.
Not to get too personal, but what is the make up of your party (adult/kids and ages). The reason I ask, is 6 days will give you plenty of time to explore the parks and resorts. And I have plenty of suggestions for everyone.

For families there are character meals and the Luau. For adults there are fun things like the tequila bar in Antojito's and the dueling piano bar at Pat O'Brian's. And for couples there are things like the Mandera Spa and BiCE at Portofino Bay Resort.
THNX my dh, myself and my 2 boys 14 and 21. 3 male Potterheads I know them they will spend at least 1 1/2 days doing nothing but Potter. Don't say they won't they have spent hours and hours riding Star Tours and then shopping for SW stuff.

sandam1

THNX my dh, myself and my 2 boys 14 and 21. 3 male Potterheads I know them they will spend at least 1 1/2 days doing nothing but Potter. Don't say they won't they have spent hours and hours riding Star Tours and then shopping for SW stuff.

For a serious HP fan, I think you're under-estimating at 1.5 days.

My best friend and I are serious HP fans. The first time we went to Universal, we only did one day and we spent is almost exclusively at HP. We literally did 3 rides outside of that. The next time, we did two days and got to see about half of the parks outside of HP - all the while, lamenting that we didn't have enough HP time. We just booked another short trip to Universal - three full days and two nights. And I suspect that we will still not have enough HP time.

If you are really into the details, the HP world is just an amazing place. There are layers and layers - and then more layers - of things to see. But the good part about Universal is that you don't have to have a "we must be at this restaurant or ride at this time" schedule and you can take the time that it deserves.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
For a serious HP fan, I think you're under-estimating at 1.5 days.

My best friend and I are serious HP fans. The first time we went to Universal, we only did one day and we spent is almost exclusively at HP. We literally did 3 rides outside of that. The next time, we did two days and got to see about half of the parks outside of HP - all the while, lamenting that we didn't have enough HP time. We just booked another short trip to Universal - three full days and two nights. And I suspect that we will still not have enough HP time.

If you are really into the details, the HP world is just an amazing place. There are layers and layers - and then more layers - of things to see. But the good part about Universal is that you don't have to have a "we must be at this restaurant or ride at this time" schedule and you can take the time that it deserves.
Thnx That's why we have 6 days scheduled for UNI

Disneyhead'71

With the ages of your boys, maybe you and DH can sneak off for a spa treatment or a romantic dinner at Portofino Bay while the boys do The Wizarding World for the 3rd time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom