Touring plan crowd calendar

Claw

Original Poster
Hello, I have reservations for magic kingdom May 25 2022. Touring plans has May 25 as busier than May 26, and 27. Some other crowd calendar have the 25th as less crowded.
Should I change my days to the 26th or 27th like during plans show or should I keep the Wednesday the 25th as my day to go. What’s your thoughts
Thanks

Chi84

Premium Member
Hello, I have reservations for magic kingdom May 25 2022. Touring plans has May 25 as busier than May 26, and 27. Some other crowd calendar have the 25th as less crowded.
Should I change my days to the 26th or 27th like during plans show or should I keep the Wednesday the 25th as my day to go. What’s your thoughts
Thanks
Can you change them at this point? Disney's been limiting theme park availability lately and the calendar seems to show no MK availability on the days you are referencing. The crowd calendars are just predictions - I wouldn't change my plans if you are getting conflicting results, but others may weigh in differently.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
For the most part, I’ve found that crowd calendars on touringplans are really accurate, but I’d only be trying to change my plans around them off the swing was major. Like if it’s a six one day and a seven the next, it will feel the same. But if it’s a two one day and am right the next, it will feel different.

If it’s within 2-3 points, just roll with your plans and don’t stress about it, imo

Club Cooloholic

I think since the pandemic and the loss of extra magic hours, these crowd calendars aren't as accurate. Couple that with newer rides at Epcot and Hollywood Studios and I think you can't really predict it as well. I would just expect it to be similar at all the parks. First thing in morning not too bad, by noon bad, crowds not as bad in the evening.

Phil12

I'd play the odds and average it out. Take all the predictions from the various crowd calculators and combine them. Then all you need to do is calculate the root mean square deviation (RMSD) which will give you the differences between predicted values and the actual observed values. This allows you to compare forecasting errors of different models for the various datasets and predict the crowd levels with superior accuracy.

1653253460672.png

Or, you could just stick to your original plan.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'd go with what you have. It's more important to have a touring plan and get there early.
^^^^^THIS
Be at the front of the line to get into the parks at rope drop not just at the park for rope drop doing so will get you on at least one extra ride if not more and have a plan. I suggest doing a custom plan on touring plans if you're the least bit worried about crowds

puckett26

I will add to use the Touring Plans app for expected wait times (or the site for creating your plan). We do not like to have every minute of our day planned in advance but utilize the app at times to determine which general direction/area to explore next. It is amazing how accurate the expected wait times are on the app. We save a ton of time in stand by lines based on expected wait times versus posted wait times and never fail to hit every attraction on our must see list. We do have a "general" touring plan in advance of our visit but are not afraid to change course based on the app. I guess this would be classified as a real time touring plan and we love it.

We did follow the site generated touring plan for Universal Studios (two parks/one day) and it was spot on. It has great features that allow you to customize how your touring plan is created. Kuddos to Touring Plans.

dreday3

We use Touring Plans every trip. Always would get the book too. Just part of our trip planning tradition.

So far my crowd levels for upcoming trip are an even 5 for our whole trip. I'll take it!

We definitely use the Touring Plans app for lines. That's all we use, I don't look at Disney's times. And we also take advantage of the room/view request. I mean, I don't know if it works or not, but both times we've used it we got the exact request we made! :)

Clamman73

Park hours for my nov trip just recently changed but didn't change park levels-Parks are opening an hour to half hour earlier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom