Tourguide Mike???

MadMax11

Anyone ever use this service?

I consider myself a Disney veteran....so when a friend mentioned it to me I kinda scoffed at it.

But....I'm open to it if others here (particularly those who have been to DW a ton, like I have) found value in it.

Thanks in advance for any tips/help....

Buzz2001

I guess if someone didn't want to take the time to research the info themselves, a service like TourGuide Mike would be useful. but so much of the info is readily available via the web, I would never do it.

Upvote 0

MadMax11

Original Poster
I guess if someone didn't want to take the time to research the info themselves, a service like TourGuide Mike would be useful. but so much of the info is readily available via the web, I would never do it.

Ok..so to your understanding, it's nothing out of the ordinary...nothing I wouldn't know already after years of going or from other websites?

Upvote 0

gatechgal

I have used TourGuideMike for every trip that we have made since 2001. His advice is spot on and we haven't waited in line (except for Toy Story Midway Mania) for more than about 20 minutes. It's not just a touring plan, but a philosophy about touring along with his experience as to the best order to see attractions in. His is definitly NOT "commando" touring. He recommends "the best of the best". But once you understand how and why he is recommending things the way he does, you are able to personalize your own touring plans. He offers a separate VIP touring service as well, and updates his advice based on trends that he is seing in the parks on a daily basis. He does provide suggested touring plans, but, again, gives you the reasoning behind his recommendations. It does take a while to go through all his information, so it's best if you can plan ahead. The user forum is very friendly and helpful. In fact, I was able to arrange an Illuminations cruise that we shared among 3 other families from there. It was great. And since the cost is about what you'ld pay for a touring guide, I highly recommend it. It will be VERY useful now with the Fantasyland renovations going on and touring patterns are changing.

Upvote 0

MadMax11

Original Poster
I have used TourGuideMike for every trip that we have made since 2001. His advice is spot on and we haven't waited in line (except for Toy Story Midway Mania) for more than about 20 minutes. It's not just a touring plan, but a philosophy about touring along with his experience as to the best order to see attractions in. His is definitly NOT "commando" touring. He recommends "the best of the best". But once you understand how and why he is recommending things the way he does, you are able to personalize your own touring plans. He offers a separate VIP touring service as well, and updates his advice based on trends that he is seing in the parks on a daily basis. He does provide suggested touring plans, but, again, gives you the reasoning behind his recommendations. It does take a while to go through all his information, so it's best if you can plan ahead. The user forum is very friendly and helpful. In fact, I was able to arrange an Illuminations cruise that we shared among 3 other families from there. It was great. And since the cost is about what you'ld pay for a touring guide, I highly recommend it. It will be VERY useful now with the Fantasyland renovations going on and touring patterns are changing.

I'm leaving on Friday for DW...is it worthwhile this late?

Upvote 0

Goofy36

I've used TourGuide Mike for several of our recent trips. I find the listing of best parks to visit is well worth the money. I know touringplans.com has them as well but I find Mike's are easier to follow and he gives reasoning for the choices.

If you are leaving Friday using the site as a whole is probably too late. But the touring plans and best park listing would come in handy for avoiding 'them'!

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

MadMax11

Original Poster
I've used TourGuide Mike for several of our recent trips. I find the listing of best parks to visit is well worth the money. I know touringplans.com has them as well buit I find Mike's are easier to follow and he gives reasoning for the choices.

If you are leaving Friday using the site as a whole is probably too late. But the touring plans and best park listing would come in handy for avoiding 'them'!

Hope this helps!

Ok...this definitely helps.

the only problem is....I've already made some dining reservations that puts me in certain parks on specific days. so aside from avoiding this park on that day....is there anything else you think that would make it worthwhile? If i'm in Epcot on Sunday because of a dining reservation I want to keep....does his information help me from there beyond what I'd typically already know after years of going to the parks?

Upvote 0

MadMax11

Original Poster
FWIW...I opted to just download the touringplans lines app and stick with what I've got.

Thanks to everyone for the input!

Upvote 0

yensid67

This is what I like to do as a hobby for those going to WDW, but on a smaller scale! I do it as something fun for me to do on my own time and believe it or not it relaxes me and I found out things for myself for my vacations!
I may not be as well versed as Tourguide Mike, BUT I have worked at WDW so I feel like I an offer tips and secrets that someone who hasn't worked there can! (not saying Tourgiude Mike doesn't know tips and secrets just because he didn't work there) I am sure the service he offers is very informative for those who need help planning their trips!

You, go tourguide Mike!!!!!:sohappy:

Have a Magical Day!

Will
:wave: from PA!!!!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Apologie to Tourguide Mike!

I must conceed from the running of knowing alot just like Tourgiude Mike, BUT after visiting his site (tourguidemike.com), I must say he does and will always know more than me! I would encourage anyone who needs help and is willing to pay for it, to contact Tourguide Mike and let him plan the ost magical trip to WDW for you and your family!

He knows more litle secrets and tips that I don't even know! But Hey, if you don't want to pay for trip planning, you can always ask me amd I will use all my knowledge and use my time to find out the best information I can! And the best part about using my service? IT'S FREE! I will do all the searching for you, so the only thing you need to do is choose the best plan for you and make your reservations!

Have a Magical Day!

Will
:wave: from PA!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom