Tour schedule....help!

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
I posted this on the resorts board--wrong place!--so I'm reposting it over here!

Ok we are scheduled to go to Disney for six nights in July. Arriving on a Friday and leaving on a Thursday. I have this thing where I like to do the parks in this order

*MK
*Epcot
*MGM
*AK

I know, I'm weird Anyways...I always hear that MK is mobbed on a Saturday But then the travel guide always says that everyone travels over the weekends so why wouldn't the parks be lighter?? Is MK more crowded on Monday than Saturday?

Please help...I need it Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated

Sir Hiss527

I'll tell you straight up. It's summer it's gonna be packed every day of the week. But usually more people like to start there vacations on the first day of the week (Monday). It's Disney is going to be very crowded. Hope that helps you with your vacation.

J

joviacdan

I guess everyone's different. I go like this

Epcot
MK
MGM
AK
MK
Epcot
MGM
MK

I think it's good to start at Epcot. It kind of builds the anticipation for Magic Kingdom. I remember reading an article about Disney World in Newsweek magazine years ago, and something they said, made sense:

We recommend starting out at Epcot, so that the attractions there won't plale by comparison with those at the Magic Kingdom. However, it may be impossible to fend off the demands of the kids to get to Mickey's original park first.

No doubt - Magic KIngdom's my favorite. That's why I lke to save it to the second day. It's like eating the cherry off of a sundae before you eat the ice cream.:)

Nansafan

I've read that the MK can be busy on Sat. due to Florida residents visiting. We always go during the summer and its crowded, but that's part of the magic. My husband and I visited the MK in 1984 during our honeymoon. It was the first week of October. We saw walked on rides and barely waited in lines. Fun yes, but the excitement found in the crowds was missing.

d'Isigny

Originally posted by joviacdan
I guess everyone's different. I go like this

Epcot
MK
MGM
AK
MK
Epcot
MGM
MK

I think it's good to start at Epcot. It kind of builds the anticipation for Magic Kingdom. I remember reading an article about Disney World in Newsweek magazine years ago, and something they said, made sense:

We recommend starting out at Epcot, so that the attractions there won't plale by comparison with those at the Magic Kingdom. However, it may be impossible to fend off the demands of the kids to get to Mickey's original park first.

No doubt - Magic KIngdom's my favorite. That's why I lke to save it to the second day. It's like eating the cherry off of a sundae before you eat the ice cream.:)

Hmmm...I see (Epcot) as a breather after a hard day at MK. I love to stroll the World Showcase...casually wander through each and every World...stop for lunch...perhaps have a beer at the Catina...

J

joviacdan

Yeah - That's a good point too.

I don't know. I'd say I probably do more walking at Epcot. Then again, you do a lot of running from ride to ride at MK. Tough to say.

Hey - Do whatever you think would suit your mood the best. That's the great thing about Disney - You can do whatever you feel like.

d'Isigny

Really?

Does this mean I can get off the boat in the "Pirates"?

I always wanted to walk around the ride and look at the animation up close.

CAPTAIN HOOK

The guide books reckon on Monday being busiest - I've also heard that the weekrnd is busiest because of the locals visiting. Its summer so its going to be packed either way. Simplest solution - go somewhere else :lol: :lol:

NickS

If you are non-Disney resort guest avoid Early Entry days at all costs. If you are at Disney then remember that by noon the parks will be gridlocked.

More important than which day is what time you get to the park - 45-50 minutes before official opening is essential. If you do that you should be fine (unless you go on an EE day)!

On a final note, go to www.touringplans.com to see which days are best for which days. If anyone is going to get it right its the unofficial guide.

J

joviacdan

The bottom line is simple:

If you've been to Disney a few times, then you know which parts of the parks to avoid at certain times. The only park, on a normal day, where the crowds can get completely out of hand is the Magic Kingdom.

Best suggestion: Get there early. Don't follow everyone to the left (Splash and Thunder Mountain) or to the right (Space Mountain). Go straight to Fantasyland, and get it out of the way before lunchtime. That's when everyone that went to the left and right in the morning merges right in the middle.

As for MGM, just don't take an immediate right to TOT or RNR Coaster. Go straight, do Muppets, the great movie ride, little mermaid, then get fastpasses in the afternoon for the big 2.

Epcot - Fastpasses I think are the key there. get a fastpass for Test Track, and go have lunch. Get a fast pass for Mission Space, go to Mexico and Norway. That's what's great about Epcot I think. You can always walk the countries if Future World is over crowded.

Animal Kingdom - I have no clue.

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
You're not weird Boardwalk...

That's the proper order.
MK
EPCOT
MGM
AK
MK

it's the law...

:lol: :lol: TOTALLY!!!

THanks you guys for all of your input!! I came back not expecting many responses but I about fell off my chair!! :) THis board is so friendly :wave:

I think at this point, if I stick with MK on Saturday the tip is to get there early and get the "good" things out of the way before it gets mobbed. If it gets unbearable leave and go to another park. Sound good? :hammer:

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
:lol:

Actually we head in the land many do not go to first (not revealing it either LOL) It was interesting...on another chat board someone did a long poll about where people go first at each park and which parades/shows they attend. The results were different than I expected!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom