tour groups

The Empress Lilly

The zombie hordes tend to concentrate most densily around the All-Stars. Best feeding opportunity there I guess.

The AoA is well protected by ditches, tank walls and minefields, at night the roofs are filled with snipers with infrared telescopes to pick off any stray ones. You should be quite safe inside.

Do rent a car with an oversized front bumper guard, the kind that can withstand elk. That way, you can make it safely back home at night - provided you are not squeemish about stains on your windshield.

AintNoOtherMan

They're everywhere. Trust me. There is no safe place in Disney from them. Wherever you hide, they'll find you.

Seriously though, the worst experience with the tour groups we've had as far as hotels go was in Pop Century. I'm sure they do stay everywhere, but they probably stay at values, and for a good reason. Rooms aren't cheap, and there are a lot (A LOT, just for emphasis) of them. I would say they probably are at AoA.

luv

These groups honestly get better every year. They do tend to sing as they walk...much like kids do at summer camp, but that is probably the biggest problem with them now. Well, they tend to expect others to move instead of moving to the side, as well, but it is nothing like the pushing, shoving, line-cutting kind of rudeness it once was.

I have to commend Disney for working on this. They were a nightmare and I don't think they changed on their own.

tare

Definitely stay away from the all stars. Seems like those are the most popular for your groups.

AngryEyes

They were everywhere this week. My 14-year old son approved. By the last couple of days, he took to walking directly through the center of any loosely-packed group. Ultimately, he asked me to request a transfer to Brazil.

Except for once when a group got to a ride seconds before we did, we didn't have any issues at all. Lots of singing and general happiness.

retroeric

Disney has done a great job of having special lines at the quick serves used just for these Brazilian tours. I was at AK the other day, and while approaching Restaurantosaurus I noticed I was getting behind approximately 200 kids in yellow shirts. At first I was so angry because I was hungry and was thinking it would take forever in a line like that, but as I got to the door there was a CM directing all tour people to special line, and the non-tour people had different lines to get into! Universal does not do this!

WDWVolFan

Back in 1997 I was one of the Brazilian tour kid! :-D

Singing is just to kill time and for the videos they record that comes with your travel package...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The zombie hordes tend to concentrate most densily around the All-Stars. Best feeding opportunity there I guess.

The AoA is well protected by ditches, tank walls and minefields, at night the roofs are filled with snipers with infrared telescopes to pick off any stray ones. You should be quite safe inside.

Do rent a car with an oversized front bumper guard, the kind that can withstand elk. That way, you can make it safely back home at night - provided you are not squeemish about stains on your windshield.
Someone has thier zombie apocolypse plan all ready to go ;)

HollyAD

Just stayed at all star movies for one night and it was one night too many. I swear it was 75% populated by tour groups. I was so happy to move to AKL!

dave&di

These groups honestly get better every year. They do tend to sing as they walk...much like kids do at summer camp, but that is probably the biggest problem with them now. Well, they tend to expect others to move instead of moving to the side, as well, but it is nothing like the pushing, shoving, line-cutting kind of rudeness it once was.

I have to commend Disney for working on this. They were a nightmare and I don't think they changed on their own.
We witnessed this last year, hopefully it's getting less then. Fingers crossed!

bartbrine

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the feedback!! Believe me we go just about every July to Disneyworld and know off hand the "patience" one must have when dealing with the groups, UGH. We generally don't stay at values but did stay in 2012 at ARTs & really loved it MINUS any Brazilians, lol...so I'm thinking......its safe to stay there????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom