totally odd family traditions

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hawaiin shirt day at Animal Kingdom
every trip....no matter who I go with!

wdw201329715414459_6873542742-jpg.43973

That picture is fun! I love the different patterns . . . all next to each other. ;) Your family has spirit!

graphite1326

I am not sure what it is called but, we always have our picture taken in Liberty Square where you put your head through the public stockade thingy. We have pictures of our boys from when they were young (my youngest was six and I had to hold him up the first time) until now. They are in there 20's.

Disnee4Me

Whether we've flown or drove, we always went to DTD our first day; didn't want to waste a whole day's ticket if we arrived at 2 p.m. Plus, if we drove, we were usually pretty tired, so we'd hit the sack by 9 p.m. and be up bright and early to go to whatever park had early entry. Our next trip isn't planned until December 2015 and hopefully a night flight, so we would get to the World until close to midnight and still the next day we probably won't hit a park. I have this idea that I want to resort hop and check out the decorations.

Goofyernmost

Whether we've flown or drove, we always went to DTD our first day; didn't want to waste a whole day's ticket if we arrived at 2 p.m. Plus, if we drove, we were usually pretty tired, so we'd hit the sack by 9 p.m. and be up bright and early to go to whatever park had early entry. Our next trip isn't planned until December 2015 and hopefully a night flight, so we would get to the World until close to midnight and still the next day we probably won't hit a park. I have this idea that I want to resort hop and check out the decorations.
Same here. We never went to the parks on the first day. We usually didn't get in until late morning or early afternoon. By the time we unpacked and got ourselves together we would have wasted a whole day for just a few hours. I would use the time to get myself familiar with my location be it onsite or off. Travel always takes a lot out of me, not sure why. I guess it might be because when I drive there it can be mentally fatiguing. If I fly all my mental and physical strength is focused on making sure the plane stays up in the air until it's time to land and then extensive leaning and tugging on the armrests to insure a smooth landing. That can get tiring.

Seriously though, I always felt that when I went to the parks I wanted to feel rested and ready to give it my all. I always felt that most of "my all" was used up getting there. Better to recharge.

Last edited:

TXDisney

We always take our shoes off when we go on soarin. We bet each other who wins in the buzz light year game. Always eat at ale Celier for the steak and soup. Always make sure to sit down and have a few drinks at arose and Crown. I always get a beer stein in Germany every time we go. And we always bring home at least 2 new stuffed animals when we go.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Lunch at the Electric Umbrella every Epcot trip.

By the way.. I highly recommend getting the macaroni and cheese bacon burger!!

It's like the over priced cheeseburger without paying 4 dollars for macaroni and bacon sides!

DRK

Eating at Cape May Buffet. When we started going in the 90s when my brother and sister and I were kids, it seemed so fancy and delicious! Now in our 30s with kids of our own it isn't quite so fancy or delicious but we haven't been able to let it go.

mergatroid

Firstly and just to clarify, I am not weird or odd. Even though the police pressed charges the jury couldn't agree that the ladies lingerie was taken and worn by myself or that the night vision goggles belonged to me at any stage.

So now you all realise I'm just a normal everyday Joe (with a different name to Joe), here's our tradition.

On the first morning of our trip after arriving from the UK the night before, we always go to Disney Studios come rain or shine. Straight towards ToT and R 'n' R and it's a toss up which I go on first whilst Mrs M looks in the shops on Sunset Boulevard. After that we go to the candy store where I treat Mrs M to a candy turtle she loves so much. The Studios is such a great first day park for us, very close parking with the least walking from car to attractions for us and also has a real 'magical' feel to it. We usually leave about 1pm before heading off to Celebration for some Japanese food and then doing a 'big shop' for food and heading back to the house to give us a fairly relaxed first full day.

If anyone doubts my claim then feel free to meet me this week on Thursday when the Studios opens to say "hi". You won't miss me as I'll be the guy in lingerie wearing night vision goggles :cool:

Launchpad McQuack

POTC is the first ride of the trip no matter what

My wife and I have only been together twice (four times total for her and 12 total for me), but we have decided to make that our tradition as well, starting with our honeymoon trip. That's where I took her first, so we decided that we would do it first every time.

First day is MK (no park hopping allowed this day). First attraction is Pirates.

Last day is also MK (also no hopping). Last thing we do is get ice cream at the Plaza.

profscottraynor

Where to start....Our "Traditions"

MK pre-opening...Tonga Toast at the Poly
After the Good Morning show in the MK...always enter the park through the right tunnel.
Look back at the Elias Disney Window when you get into the Castle area.
Frontierland Shootin Gallery....Fourth gun from left.

So many more...

DisneyDebNJ

We have alot of traditions, most pretty normal (I think) Our first park on our first day is Epcot, and Illumnations is a must on our first night. Our first visit to MK, I say a silent prayer and blow a kiss up to Heaven for Uncle Walt and say *thank you!*

Graham9

On arrival we go to Downtown Disney and dose up on coffee after a long flight and destroy my digestive system with an ice cream.
First full day always MK. Second full day Epcot. Third to last day AK, Second to last day HS and last day is hopping between all parks as fast as we can. The rest of the time in the middle, we just take our time and decide what to do on the day (more or less)

OSUgirl77

Always start the trip with the MK, arriving for the the Welcome Show. We get a photo in front of the castle, and then head to our first ride, which is always Peter Pan's Flight, followed by IASW and Space Mountain. Second day is Epcot, where we run to Soarin' first, then have breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Lunch at AK is always at Flame Tree Barbecue. Trip always ends at MK, watching MSEP and Wishes. Nothing odd, but it's what we do. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom