ToT strange thing happened to me...

VetMed

Original Poster
MrNonacho said:
I know there are indicators on each vehicle that tell whether or not the belts are buckled, but I'm not sure if there's any kind of weight or slack sensor. If there were, why wouldn't the problem have been addressed before the vehicle was dispatched?

that's exactly what i was wondering too, mr. nonacho.

I suspect this means that it is most likely monitored via seat belt slack/tension sensor or video camera, or both? Or maybe seat bottom sensor...I just realized i'm back wondering right where i started from:eek: :veryconfu

thanks for all of your input, great forum!:xmas:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
sheilaro said:
:eek: :eek: you mean there was a time when they didn't have seatbelts on the ToT?? :eek:

It's only been in the last couple of years that all the seats have had seatbelts. It used to have lap bars, with the exception of the center rear seat, which had a belt.

VetMed

Original Poster
MrNonacho said:
It's only been in the last couple of years that all the seats have had seatbelts. It used to have lap bars, with the exception of the center rear seat, which had a belt.

I liked the bar better than the belt, as it removed that tight security and added to the TERROR!

I think a poll is in order: which is better, belt or bar?:D

Mecha Figment

I tell you what i miss about the tower of terror. The terror

i got to ride it the first day it was soft opened to the public. i remember vividly that when you got to the top of the tower.. the sign sparked... and it felt like the cables were snapping above you.. the car started to rock... and SNAP... you fell fastand hard.

That was awsome. the new program they use.. takes away fromthe free fall fun.. it literaly sucks from its original inseption. i skip the attraction now.

VetMed

Original Poster
Mecha Figment said:
I tell you what i miss about the tower of terror. The terror

i got to ride it the first day it was soft opened to the public. i remember vividly that when you got to the top of the tower.. the sign sparked... and it felt like the cables were snapping above you.. the car started to rock... and SNAP... you fell fastand hard.

That was awsome. the new program they use.. takes away fromthe free fall fun.. it literaly sucks from its original inseption. i skip the attraction now.

Sounds exciting, that must have been 10 or more years ago...i rode it then but can't remember. i still love it and will ride it over and over again til my rear hurts:sohappy:

Tim G

kirkytpt said:
thats neva happend to me but sumfin did happen once coz of sum1 messin round. it was just b4 the ride closed in the nite n ther was my family n 2 otha men on it. wen we went 2 purchase our photo at the end we wer told ther was a problem a safety reason that we couldnt buy it. one of the men had lifted ther legs up on 2 the front of the elevator and that was the reason. i was quite upset coz id pulled a gr8 face on the pic. the tried to take us to hav another go so we could buy the pic but the ride had been shut down 4 the nite and that was the last nite of my hols so i cudnt do it the next day either:( . wel ill just hav 2 wait until nxt time :)
It's hard to handle a keyboard, with missing keys... Or are you just missing your teeth. :lookaroun

Woody13

Connor002 said:
Eh, it probably is, but it's already out there, can't change it now...
Well, if you edited your post and Corrus edited his quote of your post, it would magically change. :wave:

EvanAnderson

Guys guys guys... I work at Tower. There are NO sensors on the belts. The drop shaft has a camera where the Tower Control people can see you while you are dropping. It's VERY easy to see if someone is holding their seatbelt, because they fly higher than the rest of the people, and you can literally see them holding it. The CM's saw that, and stoped the ride. No sensors, no nothing. Just a camera, and someone watching the monitors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom