ToT Parade Float.

Testtrack321

Nope. Sorry. It was cool, but I was disapointed that the elevator didn't fall more. But the people in the elevator looked like they came from the Prime Time Cafe! One lady had a huge one foot hairdoo!

The_CEO

ABC did a 2 minute clip on how they contructed it and such. Very entertaining, and as others said was the best float in the parade. Loved every second of the coverage.

1stStarIC2nite

Original Poster
Yeah, it really was the greatest float in the parade! I absolutely loved it. I really liked Goofy at the bottom too, lol, I thought he was funny. All the other floats were just boooorrrrinng! But this one was just fantastic. I also really liked the band that played a little bit after them, they were good too...

Florida Project

Laughingplace.com had a few pictures of it:
Click Here

...and here's the concept art of the float:
concept.jpg

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
What was it like? I didn't see it :(

Its hard to explain in words. Maybe Laughinplace.com might have a recorded video of it in one of its updates. Atleast, I hope so. I'll try to describe it:

At the front of the float was Mickey and Minnie looking very excited. The float continued behind them with small replicas of CA Screamin and the Sun Wheel. Then, is the gargantuan tower. Its sideways on the float but the side facing forward has an opening in it where the open elevator shaft is. A few guys wearing wigs with tall hair looking terrified. ( BTW, real actors ) and the elevator cage bounces up and down and drops every once in a while. Sparks and smokes shoots off above them. A the sides of the hotel, elevator operators looking excited looking out of the doors. The ToT themesong plays in the backround also. Its easily the tallest and most impressive float in the parade. It makes the other floats in the parade look like Kindergarten toys.

raven

Kinda looked unsafe for the people riding the elevator but I'm sure they were fine. I just hope people in CA don't think that the actual ride is like that, it's much MUCH better!

General Grizz

It looks pretty cool. . . and HUGE!

capt.la10101012123.rose_parade_la101.jpg

But I think it's pretty ugly (after going through the other floats). I can see where Roy is going - I'd rather see some charm in a Rose parade. Eh.

(Aren't there supposed to be flowers? :confused: )

1stStarIC2nite

Original Poster
There can be flowers on that float without you even noticing. In case you didn't know, all the floats are made out of organic materials (rice, flowers,etc.). So all the tower is is a steel frame with organic stuff covering it, and the same for the roller coaster and ferris wheel. So even though it might not look as "pretty" as the others... it's extremely impressive.

General Grizz

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
There can be flowers on that float without you even noticing. In case you didn't know, all the floats are made out of organic materials (rice, flowers,etc.). So all the tower is is a steel frame with organic stuff covering it, and the same for the roller coaster and ferris wheel. So even though it might not look as "pretty" as the others... it's extremely impressive.

I would be interested to hear what it's made out of. But, *sigh*, in my opinion, after looking at the beauty and charm of the other floats, it's disgusting.

I brought my family over here a few minutes ago to see it - they also love Disney - and thought something like the Abe Lincoln float was made by Disney. We got to Disney's float, and you should have seen the look on their faces.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I think its pretty cool looking... definitely stands out from the rest!

It took a lot of design time and creativity :)

Tigggrl

It was cool, but not as beautiful as some of the others IMO....
Maybe we will go see it, its at DL. MAYBE next week....

BRER STITCH

COOL!

Thanks for posting the links to the pics!

I just posted in some other thread on the same subject about how the Travel Channel coverage of the parade DID NOT EVEN SHOW the ToT float!!!!!

That's the one TiVO recorded for me.
:(

The GOOD news?? It will be at DisneyLAND for the next 3 weeks so I'll actually get to see it live and take some close-up pics!

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom