ToT chickens

JeffC

I have a hate/love relationship with this ride. I love the first part of going thru the lobby, into the library with the TV, and then in the furnace room, but I hate the drop (I've always hated drops - especially in roller coasters). I have heard you can enjoy the first part and there is a chicken door just before getting on the elevator. Is this true? Do many people use it? Has anyone here used it and how do you get to it?

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!!:sohappy:

bhg469

Tower is no problem for me, Rock n roll coaster is a whole other story. I thought I was going to die on the ride, shook for an hour after I got off and actually cried coming off the ride. I will not ever ride it again! Something about going upside down on a coaster just does me in. Don't believe those who say you won't feel yourself going upside down because you will. If I hear the song "Love in an Elevator" I start to feel sick :hurl: . Never again!!!

You know i felt the exact opposite on RnRC. I knew i was upside down but i was more or less like "this isn't that bad" but again i HATE drops. I think its something anyone should try once. I am a huge speed junkie so thats probably why i like RnRC so much.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

I took the ToT chicken exit on my honeymoon. DH said he was going to ride it, but I told him I'd go through the line. Geez...even the queue got me hyper-tensive! Needless to say, I'll never ride ToT.

Now RnRC....I'm all over that!! :lol:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I too can handle ToT but not RnRC. I too will probably be hitting the chicken exit this summer. Have a few girls in the troop who could barely handle the top of the Arch on a windy day (they wouldn't even look out of the windows), so I don't think they will be doing ToT.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

....So, for me, the attraction pretty much ends the moment the video does in the library. I know most will disagree with this, and I can understand how it might scare some, but for me this attraction is one of the weakest overall in the Disney-MGM Studios...topped only by LMA.

Yikes... that was kind of a harsh assessment.

But its ok, your opinion and many will disagree. I believe the ride to be far better than its version 1 predecessor... which was only one drop... very predictable after riding it a couple times. And I just don't see how it can be lumped into the same category as LMA??
To a dyed in the wool thrill seeker... not much in the Disney parks will light a fire - but that is not the audience they are catering to.

By the way, The Disneyland version was unfortunately restricted in size by the limited overall park property, so Disney probably couldn't build out completely to the specs required of the original in FL.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I first went on ToT back in December of 1994 with some HS friends of mine. (high school band trip) As much as I wanted to wimp out... peer pressure forced me onto it. I am a huge wimp regarding thrill rides. and through most of HS I never went on a looping coaster.... the most thrilling coaster type ride I ever did was a log flume. (that right... I bypassed Space mountain in my 17 younger years and 8 prior trips during my lifetime.)

So, like many have said before... anxiety attacks, sweaty palms, fast heartbeat... etc... I had those symptoms through the whole first ride.... the drop... scaaaar-ry. But I made it... discovered it was fun.

Almost all new thrill type rides I go on cause me to get nervous before I actually go on it. If I was by myself... I'd avoid new things... but wife and friends will find a way to pull me on scary rides.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom