Toppings Bars?

HMFan999

I have a jar of life saver mints on my desk which are free to everyone, mostly because it decreases the chance of having to suffer through a conversation with someone with bad breath. That’s not really relevant to the discussion, your story just reminded me I need to go to WalMart for a refill.

I don’t do toppings bar salads (I’m on vacation...no need to eat healthy) but if I actually buy a burger I take a napkin full of pickles to snack on. I have been doing this for years and the pickles still remain on the toppings bar.

On a side note I once saw a guy at Cosmic Rays eating a meal using the trash can in the bathroom to hold his tray. People do gross stuff so eating right from the toppings bar doesn’t surprise me.
Ok, I have to ask... do you mean to snack on while you eat or do you like put them in a designated pickle pocket for the rest of the day...?

BuddyThomas

@Buddy you must have me confused with someone else. I have never been in the political forums. But welcome back. I know you left for awhile
That’s a good choice not to venture into the politics board. That swamp could give a person an aneurysm.😜 You had mentioned wanting to know about Hockey’s mindset and I was simply saying that you can easily find that out by peeking at the politics board. Yesterday alone was quite revelatory, although most of his posts have since been deleted.

Prince-1

That’s a good choice not to venture into the politics board. That swamp could give a person an aneurysm.😜 You had mentioned wanting to know about Hockey’s mindset and I was simply saying that you can easily find that out by peeking at the politics board. Yesterday alone was quite revelatory, although most of his posts have since been deleted.

His posts usually go bye bye.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yeah, I hear you, I run a business and we used to give away donuts on Saturday's, we did it for many years until people starting coming in and taking a dozen at a time, and I had to stop, but that ( the donuts and candy) are very different than a toppings bar that has been offered for decades
No, it isn't. You had to stop giving away donuts because people abused the privilege. Expect Disney to do away with the Toppings Bars for the same reason.

Dave B

No, it isn't. You had to stop giving away donuts because people abused the privilege. Expect Disney to do away with the Toppings Bars for the same reason.
Not even close my man, so are you telling me I can only he a certain amount of mustard and ketchup as well, or If I take too much of that they will eliminate it as well, c'mon now

danyoung56

Dave, I gotta go with the other side on this. If you were buying a burger, and wanted not only toppings for your sandwich but wanted to make a little salad, that would be marginally OK. But to eat from the toppings bar not having purchased anything - well, that's just wrong. Sorry.

Dave B

I would never just go in and creative a salad without having purchased a meal, but I will definitely add it to me meal, sorry if there was any confusion

danyoung56

Then you don't have a thing to worry about. Others in this thread were talking about making a light lunch for free at the toppings bar, which is totally uncool.

danyoung56

I can maybe answer that. The toppings bar is there for the support of the restaurant. If you go in and make a meal out of the ingredients of the toppings bar, without paying anything for a meal at that restaurant, then you're stealing from that restaurant. The toppings bar is there for the SUPPORT of the restaurant, not for just anyone to walk by and decide that they could get a free meal.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can maybe answer that. The toppings bar is there for the support of the restaurant. If you go in and make a meal out of the ingredients of the toppings bar, without paying anything for a meal at that restaurant, then you're stealing from that restaurant. The toppings bar is there for the SUPPORT of the restaurant, not for just anyone to walk by and decide that they could get a free meal.
They need to put chips in the lettuce like they did the soda cups. Problem solved :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not even close my man, so are you telling me I can only he a certain amount of mustard and ketchup as well, or If I take too much of that they will eliminate it as well, c'mon now
Let's run that again... you, as a businessman, saw that letting people take as many donuts as they wanted, to the level of clear and present abuse, was an ineffective use of your goodwill, so you quit giving away donuts.

Yet Disney, which is a much bigger business than you ever dreamed of being, isn't smart enough to come to the same conclusion about the Fixin's Bar (with or without mustard or ketchup meters in place)?

What would Disney think if they sold 1,000 burgers, but were dispensing enough mustard and ketchup to season 2,000 burgers?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Let's run that again... you, as a businessman, saw that letting people take as many donuts as they wanted, to the level of clear and present abuse, was an ineffective use of your goodwill, so you quit giving away donuts.

Yet Disney, which is a much bigger business than you ever dreamed of being, isn't smart enough to come to the same conclusion about the Fixin's Bar (with or without mustard or ketchup meters in place)?

What would Disney think if they sold 1,000 burgers, but were dispensing enough mustard and ketchup to season 2,000 burgers?
Simple answer for Disney, charge $13 for a $5 McDonalds level burger. Then no matter how many toppings people take you still profit and you never need to ask some college student CM to confront guests for doing something which is wrong. If Disney was losing too much money from the toppings bar it would be gone already. There’s no fee lunch...everyone who eats there is indirectly paying for the fixin’s bar thieves. This isn’t supporting the idea of stealing from the toppings bar, just how Disney probably views it from their prospective as a business.

My personal take on all this....you are spending thousands and thousands to go to WDW for a vacation, buck up for an actual lunch instead of eating from the toppings bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom