Toppings Bars?

Dave B

How does it stop someone from having nice things by being nice to people and helping them be together, with Zero impact on anyone else in line, or by taking extra toppings bar off of a free toppings bar? I really do not see things the way you do, I would love to understand your thought process though?

Ricky Spanish

There was a member, forget the name, but he had a thread about doing disney on the cheap and his big thing was making salads at topping bars for free. He even posted recipes for salad dressings made from the condiments. Yes its gross but you have to give him props for his ingenuity.
My sister-in-law does that all the time!
She doesn't buy anything at the restaurant, but she will make up " a little salad to snack on".
I give her so much grief.
I tell her that she is the reason that Disney took the guacamole off the toppings bar at Pecos Bills and she is the reason that we can't have nice things.

Dave B

Actually Disney disagrees with you too and I’m sure you do. Everybody knows people like you.
If Disney disagreed they would not offer the toppings bar or at the very least put a sign up, limiting what you take, again, not seeing what you are

Hockey89

How does it stop someone from having nice things by being nice to people and helping them be together, with Zero impact on anyone else in line, or by taking extra toppings bar off of a free toppings bar? I really do not see things the way you do, I would love to understand your thought process though?
If you want to be together you wait in the general line but Dave ber is too important. He wants to cut down on the time and ask everybody if they mind. If you can’t see that,
No one can help you. Just selfish and all about me type guy.

Hockey89

My sister-in-law does that all the time!
She doesn't buy anything at the restaurant, but she will make up " a little salad to snack on".
I give her so much grief.
I tell her that she is the reason that Disney took the guacamole off the toppings bar at Pecos Bills and she is the reason that we can't have nice things.
Yup. Her and Dave

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
So, I go to a certain office once a week, they used to have a candy jar at the counter as a courtesy for customers. Not anymore. Why?, I asked, turns out some people would grab a handful instead of just one or two candies.

The issue is that some people abuse such amenities, IMO.

I guess, we'll see how long the topping bars last at Disney's counter service restaurants...

Dave B

If you want to be together you wait in the general line but Dave ber is too important. He wants to cut down on the time and ask everybody if they mind. If you can’t see that,
No one can help you. Just selfish and all about me type guy.
Again, we are rehashing , we obviously have very different views on life and that is ok, but asking a question is not wrong, the answer is already NO, if you ask, you have a 50/50 shot, I imagine you do not take a lot of chances in life and are very conservative and there is nothing wrong with that either, but if you don't take chances you are limiting yourself in everything you do, don't ever be afraid of the word NO, it really is not a bad word. Good luck with your life and adventures

Hockey89

Again, we are rehashing , we obviously have very different views on life and that is ok, but asking a question is not wrong, the answer is already NO, if you ask, you have a 50/50 shot, I imagine you do not take a lot of chances in life and are very conservative and there is nothing wrong with that either, but if you don't take chances you are limiting yourself in everything you do, don't ever be afraid of the word NO, it really is not a bad word. Good luck with your life and adventures
Once again wrong as always. Not a different view. You are skipping thegeneral line bc it is longer and hoping to beat the system. Just an all about me selfish move. When they say YOU WILL BE SEPERATED. They don’t mean ask as the end of the single line so you can cut down your time.

Dave B

So, I go to a certain office once a week, they used to have a candy jar at the counter as a courtesy for customers. Not anymore. Why?, I asked, turns out some people would grab a handful instead of just one or two candies.

I guess, we'll see how long the topping bars last at Disney's counter service restaurants...
Yeah, I hear you, I run a business and we used to give away donuts on Saturday's, we did it for many years until people starting coming in and taking a dozen at a time, and I had to stop, but that ( the donuts and candy) are very different than a toppings bar that has been offered for decades

Hockey89

Yeah, I hear you, I run a business and we used to give away donuts on Saturday's, we did it for many years until people starting coming in and taking a dozen at a time, and I had to stop, but that ( the donuts and candy) are very different than a toppings bar that has been offered for decades
Hahahahah not even a little.

Dave B

Again,
Once again wrong as always. Not a different view. You are skipping thegeneral line bc it is longer and hoping to beat the system. Just an all about me selfish move. When they say YOU WILL BE SEPERATED. They don’t mean ask as the end of the single line so you can cut down your time.
We just see things differently, I do not see anything wrong with asking, we will never see this the same, so if you want the last word its all yours, because I am not going to keep rehashing this with you, good luck on your endeavors and don't be afraid to take some chances in life

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
A toppings bar is a nice thing to have, it's there to complement our meal. Not to make a meal out of it! To me, the issue is people abusing that offering, that's all.

Hockey89

Again,

We just see things differently, I do not see anything wrong with asking, we will never see this the same, so if you want the last word its all yours, because I am not going to keep rehashing this with you, good luck on your endeavors and don't be afraid to take some chances in life
We do. All about me and selfishness or not.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I have a jar of life saver mints on my desk which are free to everyone, mostly because it decreases the chance of having to suffer through a conversation with someone with bad breath. That’s not really relevant to the discussion, your story just reminded me I need to go to WalMart for a refill.

I don’t do toppings bar salads (I’m on vacation...no need to eat healthy) but if I actually buy a burger I take a napkin full of pickles to snack on. I have been doing this for years and the pickles still remain on the toppings bar.

On a side note I once saw a guy at Cosmic Rays eating a meal using the trash can in the bathroom to hold his tray. People do gross stuff so eating right from the toppings bar doesn’t surprise me.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I have a jar of life saver mints on my desk which are free to everyone, mostly because it decreases the chance of having to suffer through a conversation with someone with bad breath. That’s not really relevant to the discussion, your story just reminded me I need to go to WalMart for a refill.

I don’t do toppings bar salads (I’m on vacation...no need to eat healthy) but if I actually buy a burger I take a napkin full of pickles to snack on. I have been doing this for years and the pickles still remain on the toppings bar.

On a side note I once saw a guy at Cosmic Rays eating a meal using the trash can in the bathroom to hold his tray. People do gross stuff so eating right from the toppings bar doesn’t surprise me.
I don't eat healthy while on vacation either! My idea of a "salad" it's the tomato slice, pickles and leaf of lettuce I grab from the toppings bar for my bacon cheeseburger, hahaha!
Go get those mints, I always carry mints or gum with me and offer some to an "offender" ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom