Topping brake fluid vs flushing it

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
In my experience, every 50-75k miles is about the time to flush AND replace your brake fluid. If the dealer is recommending it, I'd ask for photographic proof first, or take it to a well-rated independent mechanic to review it AND do the job.

JoeCamel

In my experience, every 50-75k miles is about the time to flush AND replace your brake fluid. If the dealer is recommending it, I'd ask for photographic proof first, or take it to a well-rated independent mechanic to review it AND do the job.
There is simple test for both water and copper to determine it's condition and wear but to just change it out as you describe works for me

Lilofan

My brake fluid color was turning dark brown at 70K miles so I went to Honda dealer to flush and fill and now the color is light brown. No issues in stopping power before or after the flush and fill. My 16’ Accord I bought new is trouble free except the battery replaced in 17’ under warranty. Have not replaced the brakes yet the tech said I have plenty of life left in the pads. Pays to drive a stick and not always relying riding the brake pedal to slow down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom