Top Three Rides at WDW

Editor516

Original Poster
Just got back from a week at Walt Disney World and offer these as the top three rides currently available there:
1 (tie) - Rise of the Resistance
1 (tie) - Flight of Passage
3 - Disney Skyliner

Tell me why I’m right or wrong.

Rosanne

Just got back from a week at Walt Disney World and offer these as the top three rides currently available there:
3 - Disney Skyliner

How long did you have to wait for each ride? Were you able to get fast passes? I cannot get a FP because I can only do 30 days and they are all taken up by the people that get them 60 days before.

Editor516

Original Poster
How long did you have to wait for each ride? Were you able to get fast passes? I cannot get a FP because I can only do 30 days and they are all taken up by the people that get them 60 days before.
1 - I arrived at the Studios at about 7:25 a.m. to get into a boarding group for RotR. I got group 70, and I was able to get into the ride queue at about 5:45 p.m.
2 - Yes, I got a Fastpass at the 60 day mark. FPs were for 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., so I figure I got some of the last for that day.
3 - Fastpasses not needed. Wasn’t much of a wait most times I rode the Skyliner.

JIMINYCR

Another vote for RotR, FoP, ToT. IMHO, the Skyliner just doesnt get included in as a ride because theres nothing to it, its a mode of transportation. You dont include the monorail, the ferrys, the buses or Minnie vans in there either.

Kevin_W

3 - Disney Skyliner

Since "top rides" is subjective and will be judged by each person - you are 100% correct for you! :)

My wife doesn't think too highly of FoP so ti wouldn't be anywhere near her top 3, but my daughter loves it.

Another vote for RotR, FoP, ToT. IMHO, the Skyliner just doesnt get included in as a ride because theres nothing to it, its a mode of transportation. You dont include the monorail, the ferrys, the buses or Minnie vans in there either.

But what about the people mover? I would consider that a ride but there's nothing to it, so couldn't the Skyliner be a ride?

Polydweller

But what about the people mover? I would consider that a ride but there's nothing to it, so couldn't the Skyliner be a ride?
The People Mover isn’t transportation. You get off at the same spot you got on. It is a ride in a circle around Tomorrowland. The Skyliner is intended to be transportation from one location to another. It’s like the monorail. You can just ride it but it is primarily transportation. To me it isn’t a ride.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
1. Splash Mountain.
2. Expedition Everest (Technically tied with Splash but I have a fear of heights so the climb up bumps it down slightly)
3. Big Thunder Mountain

The Empress Lilly

SSE
Kilimanjaro Safari
Thunder Mountain

Shiny new toys always sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread. But they're an infatuation. You'll invariably discover this one, the newest flame, farts too.

FaP is great, all of Pandora is great. But it can't compete with Africa, the safari and trail.
The Skyliner is awesome. Almost as good as the monorail.
RotR I haven't done yet. I actually thought GE a great land even before. So who knows, I'll have to wait and see. Will it top ToT, ST? Let's say that if it's three times as good as Smugglers as everybody says it will be a solid contender for the park's third best ride.

Hank Hill

I look at my top three based on factors more than just the ride itself. "Favorite" and "best' would be different lists. If it is just favorite rides, my list will include the classics I love, the new ones need time before I am ready to call it a "favorite" ride. Maybe I'm just lazy but other factors I ask, can you even ride it multiple times easily? How does it hold up after multiple rides and time, is it still amazing after some time? FoP was really good, but I have only been able to do it once. I never get a FP, don't usually stay till closing, and didn't like it enough to wait more than 40 minutes. Mine Train is fine, not in my favorites so I wouldn't use a FP and would't wait more than 20 minutes, and that doesn't seem to happen when I am there. But either would move up on my top ride list if the waits were reasonable. Slinky Dog appears to be on the list of rides I'd like to take more but will be some time before it is reasonable to get on in decent time generally, and will not be in my favorites though I liked it.

RotR may be amazing, but I am not going at 5 am to get a 5 pm boarding group, and even if I did, I doubt it would live up to expectations I would have after going through that hassle.

I think people sometimes get caught up in the exclusivity of something. Remember when getting on Dumbo was a huge deal for many? Maybe 10 years ago. Now it is easy to get on, so it's not a big deal. Some of these restaurants that get raves surprise me. IMO only a handful of places are good enough to be popular if they located in a city and not in Disney. And because it is difficult to get in sometimes, it becomes a big deal to get in and love it because of the sunk cost of time and effort to get an ADR that others don't have.

Nottamus

1 - we drive in, so...the last mile before we get to AKL is the best ride
2) -FOP - since we didn't do RoTR yet
3) - Safari...can be super relaxing OR exciting, depending on animals and guide

macefamily

1. Flight of Passage
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Tower of Terror

Have not had the opportunity to ride RotR. Looking forward to that sometime later this year. Hopefully we can manage to get on the ride while we're there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom