Top Restaurants to Dine at...

capellt

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

Both times I have been to WDW we used the dining plan and I was curious what TOP restaurants you would recommend as a "must do" when visiting the world.

maybe a top 10 list of sorts?

Thanks

kennygman

capellt said:
Hi Everyone,

Both times I have been to WDW we used the dining plan and I was curious what TOP restaurants you would recommend as a "must do" when visiting the world.

maybe a top 10 list of sorts?

Thanks

Here are a few of our favs. We have kids too. In no specific order. (one point restaurants)
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Boma
Chef Mickeys
1900 Park Fare
Ohana
Whispering Canyon
Crystal Palace
Rose and Crown (for Illuminations)
50's Prime Time
Hollywood and Vine
Garden Grill
Le Chefs de France

Eljay

Pumbas Nakasak said:
The McDomalds Fry carts are very popular with posters on this site
:hurl: :lol:

Flying Fish - Boardwalk
Jiko - AKL
Boma - AKL
California Grill - Contemporary
Citrico's - Grand Floridian
Vicky & Al's - Grand Floridian
Le Cellier - Epcot Canada
Yachtman's Steakhouse - Yacht Club
Coral Reef - Epcot Living Seas
Whispering Canyon - Wilderness Lodge

In no particular order, some for fine dining, some for the fun or novelty factor!:)

MKCP 1985

While there isn't one "have to eat here" restaurant for me, these are the ones I personally feel are the most memorable. Hitting any of these should ensure the taste buds enjoy the vacation as much as the rest of you. ;)

MK

Pinocchio's Village Haus - tables overlooking Small World make dining here fun and the new menu is pretty popular as well.

Cinderella's Royal Table - be royalty, for a meal at least, and know that whenever you see that iconic blue castle, you have enjoyed a meal inside.

Aloha Isle - Have a Dole Whip!

EPCOT

Chefs de France - not as expensive as its upstairs cousin, but the escargot, the traditional French entrees and the creme brulee put this one on the list.

Teppanyaki Grill - Japan - Hibachi grill and Disney Japanese chefs guarantee a good time.

Studios

There is a never ending debate between those who like Sci Fi and those who prefer Prime Time. I go with Sci Fi and point out in a recent poll of everyone's ten most popular restaurants, Sci Fi was named by more people than any other. It may not be many people's absolute favorite, but I always want to eat here when I come to the Studios. :)

AK

People swear by the Tusker House. That's good enough for me.

Resorts

Now THIS is where the good food can be found. My personal favorite restaurant is 'Ohana for many reasons. the pit-roasted pork and other foods never fail to hit the spot, and the Polynesian is just the coolest resort to visit.

At Fort Wilderness, the Whispering Canyon Cafe is great fun, although there is nothing whispering about it. Bring the kids to this one and leave the grown up attitude outside. :)

Over at the boardwalk, the ESPN Zone is great casual sports fun, and Spoodles is one of my very favorites even though its menu is ever changing.

I had breakfast at the Animal Kingdom Lodge's restaurant, Boma, on the last trip and can still envision the spread. Wow! It was great. This restaurant has to be included in the discussion as well.

Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island/West End Market

Rain Forest Cafe isn't going to make many people's list for the pure culinary delight, but it has to be the coolest place to take ten year olds to eat anywhere. Overpriced and somewhat average to the taste, but I always have a great time eating here. And most would agree the Downtown Disney restaurant is much better than the one at Animal Kingdom Park.

Planet Hollywood may be the best place to have a burger and a milkshake, and is also way overpriced, but how often are you going to eat in a big blue ball? Definitely worth doing at least once. I hope I never forget some of the memories eating there with my family.

A couple newcomers get high marks - Earl of Sandwich and Raglan Road. These places may be the best options at Downtown Disney, really.

One place I have to mention because I want it to do well is the House of Blues. Grab a long neck beer and a slab of ribs and enjoy the ambiance and atmosphere of America's original music while you can.

makonyy15

In no particular order...

Le Cellier- Canada
California Grill- Contemporary
Todd English's Blue Zoo
Citrico's- Grand Floridian
Palio- Swan
Flying Fish Cafe- Boardwalk
Shula's Steakhouse- Dolphin
Fulton's Crab House- DTD

I know there's more but I can't think straight for some reason right now :hammer:

Eljay

Eljay said:
Flying Fish - Boardwalk
Jiko - AKL
Boma - AKL
California Grill - Contemporary
Citrico's - Grand Floridian
Vicky & Al's - Grand Floridian
Le Cellier - Epcot Canada
Yachtman's Steakhouse - Yacht Club
Coral Reef - Epcot Living Seas
Whispering Canyon - Wilderness Lodge

In no particular order, some for fine dining, some for the fun or novelty factor!:)

Yikes! How could I forget Spoodles on the Boardwalk and especially Raglan Road at Pleasure Island?!?!
Thanks for reminding me, MKCP1985!:animwink:

WeLComeHomE OKW

In a specific order

1. Sci-fi Dine In- Disney MGM Studios

2. Boma-Animal Kingdom Lodge

3. Bongos Cuban Cafe-Downtown Disney

4. Teppanyaki Grill-Japan Pavilion EPCOT

5. San Angel Inn-Mexio EPCOT

6. 9 Dragons- China EPCOT

7. Le Cellier Steakhouse- Canada EPCOT

8. Portobello Yacht Club-Pleasure Island

9. Concourse SteakHouse- Contemporary Resort

10. Cinderella's Royal Table (just for the experience) Magic Kingdom

Some that didnt quite make the top ten but are must eats

Primetime 50's cafe-Disney MGM Studios, California Grill-Contemporary Resort (expensive, but if you go at night during Wishes...it is a breathtaking and magical experience), Spoodles-Boardwalk resort, Whispering Canyon-Wilderness Lodge, and finally Earl of Sandwich-Downtown Disney (which is the perfect cheap eating location, they have cheap delicious sandwiches that are probably some of the best sandwiches i have ever had)

hope that helps!

edit-P.S. i know i am not supposed to lead u to other websites-BUT-go to www.allearnet.com has really updated menus from all over! go take a look!

I luv WDW

Top restaurants

Our favorites are, in no particular order:

Nine Dragons - Epcot
Alfredo's - Epcot
Liberty Tree Tavern - MK
Chef Mickey's (for breakfast) - Contemporary
Hollywood and Vine (for dinner) - Studios
Chefs de France - Epcot
Crystal Palace - MK
Rose and Crown - Epcot
50s Prime Time Diner - Studios
Brown Derby - Studios

Next trip: Nov. 23, 2006:animwink:

PhilharMagician

In no specific order. We enjoy diferant restaurants at differant times

California Grill
Bistro De Paris
Garden Grill
Boma
Ohana
Biergarten
Mama Melrose
1900 Park Fare
Cape May Cafe
CHef Mickey's
Le Cellier
Portobello Yacht Club
Captain Jack's

Almost all of them!:slurp:

casconi

Could someone please fill me in on what the dining club actually is...I have heard it talked about it, and have not researched it much, I figured this site could give me a clear cut answer. I am a college student at UCF with an Annual pass, and was wondering if the dining club would be worth it for me....Thanks for the help, sorry to veer from the beaten path.

tigsmom

You've been given quite a few good places (many of which are on my list too), but I would like to add Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco at EPCOT. :wave:

PhilharMagician

casconi said:
Could someone please fill me in on what the dining club actually is...I have heard it talked about it, and have not researched it much, I figured this site could give me a clear cut answer. I am a college student at UCF with an Annual pass, and was wondering if the dining club would be worth it for me....Thanks for the help, sorry to veer from the beaten path.

I assume you are talking about the Disney Dining Experience. This is currently for either Florida residents or AP holders. For $60.00 per year you get a 20% discount on food and beverages (including alchohol) at participating restaurants. I have been a member for the past 2 years and have saved literally hundreds of dollars. For exaple I took my wife to a special dinner for our anniversary to Bistro De Paris in Epcot and saved nearly $50.00 on that meal alone.

Eljay

casconi said:

http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm
If you eat in WDW table service restaurants often, this is excellent.:)

JimboJones123

MKCP 1985 said:
While there isn't one "have to eat here" restaurant for me, these are the ones I personally feel are the most memorable. Hitting any of these should ensure the taste buds enjoy the vacation as much as the rest of you. ;)

MK

Pinocchio's Village Haus - tables overlooking Small World make dining here fun and the new menu is pretty popular as well.

Cinderella's Royal Table - be royalty, for a meal at least, and know that whenever you see that iconic blue castle, you have enjoyed a meal inside.

Aloha Isle - Have a Dole Whip!

EPCOT

Chefs de France - not as expensive as its upstairs cousin, but the escargot, the traditional French entrees and the creme brulee put this one on the list.

Teppanyaki Grill - Japan - Hibachi grill and Disney Japanese chefs guarantee a good time.

Studios

There is a never ending debate between those who like Sci Fi and those who prefer Prime Time. I go with Sci Fi and point out in a recent poll of everyone's ten most popular restaurants, Sci Fi was named by more people than any other. It may not be many people's absolute favorite, but I always want to eat here when I come to the Studios. :)

AK

People swear by the Tusker House. That's good enough for me.

Resorts

Now THIS is where the good food can be found. My personal favorite restaurant is 'Ohana for many reasons. the pit-roasted pork and other foods never fail to hit the spot, and the Polynesian is just the coolest resort to visit.

At Fort Wilderness, the Whispering Canyon Cafe is great fun, although there is nothing whispering about it. Bring the kids to this one and leave the grown up attitude outside. :)

Over at the boardwalk, the ESPN Zone is great casual sports fun, and Spoodles is one of my very favorites even though its menu is ever changing.

I had breakfast at the Animal Kingdom Lodge's restaurant, Boma, on the last trip and can still envision the spread. Wow! It was great. This restaurant has to be included in the discussion as well.

Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island/West End Market

Rain Forest Cafe isn't going to make many people's list for the pure culinary delight, but it has to be the coolest place to take ten year olds to eat anywhere. Overpriced and somewhat average to the taste, but I always have a great time eating here. And most would agree the Downtown Disney restaurant is much better than the one at Animal Kingdom Park.

Planet Hollywood may be the best place to have a burger and a milkshake, and is also way overpriced, but how often are you going to eat in a big blue ball? Definitely worth doing at least once. I hope I never forget some of the memories eating there with my family.

A couple newcomers get high marks - Earl of Sandwich and Raglan Road. These places may be the best options at Downtown Disney, really.

One place I have to mention because I want it to do well is the House of Blues. Grab a long neck beer and a slab of ribs and enjoy the ambiance and atmosphere of America's original music while you can.

Oh, the challenge is on now -- long list coming in my lunch break.

MaryK

My faves (in no particular order)

Boma (ok this one is definitely number one for me)
Brown Derby
San Angel
Bongos (more sentimental for me than anything...my late grandfather treated my dh and I to lunch there)

We've been to several more places, but these are the ones I love returning to...ESPECIALLY Boma!

colliera

Best 10 in the World

In no particular order and limited to only those that I have personally dinned.

Magic Kingdom - Liberty Tree Tavern
Epcot - Restaurant Marrakesh, San Angel Inn
Disney Studios - The Hollywood Brown Derby, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma - Flavors of Africa
Comtemporary Resort - California Grill
Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point
Downtown Disney - Fulton's Crab House, Wolfgang Puck® Café

HoW

HoW's Top Ten Eats

10. Columbia Harbour House
9. Earl of Sandwich
8. Whispering Canyon Cafe
7. Hollywood and Vine
6. Sunshine Tree Terrace
5. Ohana
4. Kona Cafe (Best! Breakfast! Ever!)
3. Le Cellier
2. Boulangerie Patisserie
1. Boma

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom