Top of the World Reopening Soon

Club Cooloholic

If you've ever been there, that one picture pretty much shows you the entire indoor space where all of the theming should be...

Pre-covid it didn't have this villains backstory. Imagine a friend invites you to a Hawaiian Luau party at their house. The invitation is all themed and uses words that invoke what is sure to be a great party. You arrive, no decorations, no Hawaiian inspired food, no pineapple-anything-anywhere. Just their house like it always looks with bbq'd hotdogs and burgers.

See the problem now?
Exactly right on both counts. When is the last time Disney surprised us and the theme in was BETTER than expected?
And when they tell us there are renovations and the space is now a Villians Lair, it should look...well I don't know.....
FFE14377-83DB-4EBA-BF62-91E046B49F6F.jpg

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
If you've ever been there, that one picture pretty much shows you the entire indoor space where all of the theming should be...
Yes, I've been there many times. That picture only shows half the room. Nowhere near the entire space.

Pre-covid it didn't have this villains backstory. Imagine a friend invites you to a Hawaiian Luau party at their house. The invitation is all themed and uses words that invoke what is sure to be a great party. You arrive, no decorations, no Hawaiian inspired food, no pineapple-anything-anywhere. Just their house like it always looks with bbq'd hotdogs and burgers.

See the problem now?
I will admit that the backstory is a bit lame, but still waiting to see it in person in a few months before passing judgement.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Exactly right on both counts. When is the last time Disney surprised us and the theme in was BETTER than expected?
And when they tell us there are renovations and the space is now a Villians Lair, it should look...well I don't know.....
View attachment 649009
And you think that a lounge should look like this????? I think they are looking at something a bit more sophisticated and low key.

Club Cooloholic

Some photos/video from the media event tonight -

The food options seem decent, but the decor is a let down. They just took a bunch of movie posters up of the villains on the wall. Zero imagination there. Should have had some fun with it, like maybe pictures them all at the beach together, riding Space Mountian or in front of the castle. Or lean in and make the place kinda creepy looking. As it is, it could be a kids bedroom.

eliza61nyc

Lol so I have to admit I've never done one of the dvc lounges so please excuse these questions if its been asked before.

How did it look before? And is the lounge in Epcot themed?

Is the food and drinks included

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Lol so I have to admit I've never done one of the dvc lounges so please excuse these questions if its been asked before.

How did it look before? And is the lounge in Epcot themed?

Is the food and drinks included
The food and drinks at the Epcot lounge are complimentary. However, Top of the World is a bar/lounge space so those food and beverage items are not complementary.
top-world-lounge-interior-disney-world.jpg
imagination-pavilion-lounge-disney-vacation-club-9.jpg

EPCOT-O.G.

The food options seem decent, but the decor is a let down. They just took a bunch of movie posters up of the villains on the wall. Zero imagination there. Should have had some fun with it, like maybe pictures them all at the beach together, riding Space Mountian or in front of the castle. Or lean in and make the place kinda creepy looking. As it is, it could be a kids bedroom.
It’s like a conventioneer had a half hour to redecorate an early 00’s Holiday Inn Express lobby for their event.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Details on Wicked Wind Down -

Wind down your Disney day in wonderfully wicked fashion—complete with food and fireworks.

Step inside the recently refreshed Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair for the Wicked Wind Down, which includes a cocktail and appetizer from the lounge's new Disney villains-themed menu—along with a sinfully sweet treat.

Plus, delight in an elevated view of the Disney Enchantment fireworks spectacular at Magic Kingdom park from a specially reserved area of the rooftop terrace.

Price

Wicked Wind Down is $55.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities.

Make Reservations

Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to book—with reservations available July 11, 2022 to August 11, 2022. Additional dates will be added soon.

Eligible Members with access to Membership Extras—who are staying at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort using their Membership—can book this add-on to their Top of the World Lounge plans daily excluding holidays, and special events. Wicked Wind Down is subject to capacity.

As part of this experience Members have access to a reserved table just for them, inside the lounge the day of their reservation and should check in no later than 30 minutes before the fireworks show.

Club Cooloholic

Details on Wicked Wind Down -

Wind down your Disney day in wonderfully wicked fashion—complete with food and fireworks.

Step inside the recently refreshed Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair for the Wicked Wind Down, which includes a cocktail and appetizer from the lounge's new Disney villains-themed menu—along with a sinfully sweet treat.

Plus, delight in an elevated view of the Disney Enchantment fireworks spectacular at Magic Kingdom park from a specially reserved area of the rooftop terrace.

Price

Wicked Wind Down is $55.00 per person, plus tax and gratuities.

Make Reservations

Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to book—with reservations available July 11, 2022 to August 11, 2022. Additional dates will be added soon.

Eligible Members with access to Membership Extras—who are staying at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort using their Membership—can book this add-on to their Top of the World Lounge plans daily excluding holidays, and special events. Wicked Wind Down is subject to capacity.

As part of this experience Members have access to a reserved table just for them, inside the lounge the day of their reservation and should check in no later than 30 minutes before the fireworks show.

I will be curious how popular this is going to be. It's a very specific group.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Does one have to eat at the Orlando Olive Garden to be able to give an opinion on its decor from pictures they can see? Nobody's talking about the food or drinks.
Except the pictures don't always tell the whole story. And pretty much every Olive Garden looks the same, so apples and oranges as there is only one TOTWL with nothing else to compare it to. And I want to say that it doesn't look anything like a Holiday Inn lobby from the pictures.

Club Cooloholic

Except the pictures don't always tell the whole story. And pretty much every Olive Garden looks the same, so apples and oranges as there is only one TOTWL with nothing else to compare it to. And I want to say that it doesn't look anything like a Holiday Inn lobby from the pictures.
There are holiday inns with same decor, lighting etc in their lobbies. All they did with this is put some pictures on a wall anwad a few other hangings. It's fine but it's not teally themed.
This place found a way to do something without Disnwy budgets..

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
There are holiday inns with same decor, lighting etc in their lobbies. All they did with this is put some pictures on a wall anwad a few other hangings. It's fine but it's not teally themed.
This place found a way to do something without Disnwy budgets..
Sorry but that just looks gaudy to me. Not my style at all. I much prefer muted and I think the TOTWL hits that much better. It isn't supposed to be designed for kids, but more for adults the way it's being pitched. Can kids go there? Sure, but I just don't believe that is the target audience for it. So we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

And you've seen chandeliers in a Holiday Inn that look like the one there? I've stayed in a bunch of them over the years, and not one was ever as fancy as that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom