Top Of The World - Lounge

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
Original Poster
:D We are staying with my father-in-laws DVC points and received info about the Top Of The World Lounge at the Bay Lake Tower. Basically opening it up to DVC members.
It says it is a good view for the fireworks. We are eating at the California Grill so can view from there but wondering if it is worth the trip next door.

Anyone been?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
:D We are staying with my father-in-laws DVC points and received info about the Top Of The World Lounge at the Bay Lake Tower. Basically opening it up to DVC members.
It says it is a good view for the fireworks. We are eating at the California Grill so can view from there but wondering if it is worth the trip next door.

Anyone been?

Pretty much the same view. If you are already up in Contemporary probably not worth crossing over in my opinion unless you just want to check the place out. The Lounge itself is pretty small, but a nice place to have a drink. There is a large outdoor viewing area for fireworks and they pipe in the sound from MK so you get the same music as being there live. The fireworks view is from the side of the castle. From BLT you are looking over space mountain and tomorrowlannd to the castle. It is a pretty good view and easier to get out than being on main street.

If you go the walkway from the 4th floor of CR to BLT has a card swipe so you may not be able to use it unless it is propped open or someone who is a guest opens it for you. If you do get through you will need to take the elevator down to the lobby. Your best bet is to go down to the ground level of CR and walk over to the lobby of BLT. The guy at the desk has a key to access the 16th floor.

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
Original Poster
Pretty much the same view. If you are already up in Contemporary probably not worth crossing over in my opinion unless you just want to check the place out. The Lounge itself is pretty small, but a nice place to have a drink. There is a large outdoor viewing area for fireworks and they pipe in the sound from MK so you get the same music as being there live. The fireworks view is from the side of the castle. From BLT you are looking over space mountain and tomorrowlannd to the castle. It is a pretty good view and easier to get out than being on main street.

If you go the walkway from the 4th floor of CR to BLT has a card swipe so you may not be able to use it unless it is propped open or someone who is a guest opens it for you. If you do get through you will need to take the elevator down to the lobby. Your best bet is to go down to the ground level of CR and walk over to the lobby of BLT. The guy at the desk has a key to access the 16th floor.

Thanks for all the info. Will let the family know. I guess it will be up to them if they fancy some new scenary for the same view. much appreciated. :)

Bishop85

Of course, it is very good view at the top of the World Lounge at the Bay Lake Tower. Such a nice place it is. I think every one want to go there and enjoy at this place.

puntagordabob

I prefer the Totwl over the Cali Grill for viewing... the Cali Grill has what I would call Planks for a viewing area...while the Totwl has an actual viewing deck......

PLUS the lounge itself is awesome..be sure to have some of their flatbreads...yummy!

kbmum

I really love the lounge. We spent a lot of time there during our trip a couple of weeks ago. It has a great view of the fireworks, and when that ends, you can go to the observation deck behind the bar to watch the water pageant. Plus, they make an excellent drink called a Pina Colava -- it's basically a pina colada, but made with raspberry-flavored rum and raspberry puree swirled in (can also be made non-alcoholic, which my son loved).

Untitled.jpg

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I am hoping that this continues till our visit in October. I am staying at Boardwalk Villas, but I will spend one night watching the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom