1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Gear

Discussion in 'Cars and Automotive' started by mkt, Mar 25, 2015.

1. mkt

mkt Awesome

So... with Jeremy Clarkson being fired, and with James May resigning.... we can assume that the show is dead.

Thoughts?

2. Bob

Bob President of the US Virgin Islands Premium Member

I've mentioned this elsewhere but the hosts from "Top Gear - Australia" are excellent. They would be a great trio to pick up the torch and keep it going.

3. CAPTAIN HOOK

CAPTAIN HOOK Well-Known Member

Yes, although the BBC may try a season with The Hamster and who knows who else.

Additionally Top Gear were / are doing a tour of UK arenas putting on a motoring show - again, goodness knows what will happen to this.

At the end of the day, Jezza has put the BBC and the Top Gear programme in a few tricky situations due to his own stupidity. He has acted like a 5 year old having a tantrum, believing that he is bigger than the show itself and thus untouchable.
    Yorkshire police have requested the findings from the BBC's enquiry and will consider their own actions regarding the alleged assault

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  4. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

I imagine a Netflix, Hulu, Amazon or Yahoo! might be interested in a motoring show.

5. mkt

mkt Awesome Original Poster

Well, it appears that Captain Slow's resignation is false... but then he updated his twitter profile

Bob likes this.
  6. Daniel Johnson

Daniel Johnson Well-Known Member

I've read that they had plans to reintroduce the show with new host, but, the post I read had a lot of back lash. I don't know if it will ever be as good as the Clarkson era...I do enjoy the American version...but it isn't the same.

7. Kit83

Kit83 Active Member

Australians hosting the British Top Gear Jezza would have a few things to say about that :eek:

8. Daniel Johnson

Yea? This was more just British folks. I'll be honest. I got into top gear late, like last 3 month's late, living in the sticks and not having cable will do that. But, the amount of coverage this whole Clarkson deal has gotten is amazing.

9. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Top Gear under Clarkson had become one of the most popular television shows in the world.

Daniel Johnson likes this.
  10. Daniel Johnson

I've read that it is one of most popular automotive shows. I'm watching the UK version on Netflix now

11. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

Several months and no word about the future of actual Top Gear.
    These days I'm getting my fix from Youtube.
    Namely, Regular Car Reviews (parental discretion advised) and Mighty Car Mods.

12. StageFrenzy

StageFrenzy Well-Known Member

The original crew are headed to Amazon! The website not the region. Chis Evans is the new BBC Top Gear host.

Duke of Disney likes this.
  13. Duke of Disney

Duke of Disney Member

Ive been following the guys on Instagram, fun stuff ahead. Incidentally: @PirateDuke #Twitter #Instagram