Top 5 2013 movies?

PUSH

The only movies I recall seeing from this year are Monsters University, The Wolverine, Anchorman 2, We're the Millers, Olympus Has Fallen, Oblivion, and The Great Gatsby. From that list I'd go:

1) Monsters University
2) Olympus Has Fallen
3) Oblivion
4) We're the Millers
5) The Great Gatsby

Didn't care for Anchorman 2 that much. There were some funny moments, but I found most parts to be just stupid.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Despicable Me 2
Frozen
The Ten Commandments (amazing on the big screen)
The Great Gatsby
The Lone Ranger

Sue_Vongello

Here's mine (but I couldn't list just 5 ...)

11. Her
10. HG: Catching Fire
9. Enough Said
8. Prisoners
7. Short Term 12
6. Blue Jasmine
5. Mud
4. Frozen
3. Before Midnight
2. Blue is the Warmest Color
1. Inside Llewyn Davis

prberk

I really didn't see much this year (hardly have time), but I did see these, and know that they would be hard to top.

1. Saving Mr. Banks (both for a fan of Walt Disney and the Sherman Bros., but also for its amazingly accessable and emotional story).
2. Frozen (because Disney is back in its glory, with big musicals and stunning animation).

BuddyThomas

1. American Hustle
2. Blue Jasmine
3. Twelve Years a Slave
4. The Spectacular Now
5. Fruitvale Station

Also:

Gravity (even though it is scientifically impossible)

Enough Said (a really wonderful
"little" film)

Mud (Matthew Mc... at his best)

Dallas Buyers Club (Jared Leto has the Oscar in the bag)

Frozen (a lock for the Academy Award for Best Amimated)

The Way Way Back (such a cool film)

This is the End (one of the most insane films I've ever seen)

The Conjuring (finally, a really scary horror movie)

Saving Mr. Banks (just a very well done movie and Emma Thompson was robbed of an Oscar nom.)

Catching Fire (ummmmm......I shouldn't admit to liking this but it was pretty awesome.)

Finally-

Blackfish (Didn't get the Oscar nod, but got a ton of other award noms, and has stirred up controversy and questions all over the place. Anything that makes people think, and question, and say hmmmmmmm is aces in my book.

Megalodumb

Best All-Around:
The Hobbit - The Desolation Of Smaug (though I technically didn't see this one until 2014).

Best Drama:
Saving Mr. Banks

Best Comedy:
Bad Grandpa

Best Animated:
Monsters University

Biggest Disappointment:
Oz- The Great & Powerful

Megalodumb

Wait, do TV movies count? If so, then I would like to replace all of my top 5 movies and replace them with Sharknado.
Sharknado doesn't really count since it's far superior in any category. I think the OP meant Top-5 Movies Of 2013...besides Sharknado. Because, of course we all know Sharknado is the best film ever to be created.

PUSH

Sharknado doesn't really count since it's far superior in any category. I think the OP meant Top-5 Movies Of 2013...besides Sharknado. Because, of course we all know Sharknado is the best film ever to be created.
This is what I assumed at first, too, but you can never be too sure. I just wanted to make sure that I'm showing Sharknado the respect it deserves.

Megalodumb

This is what I assumed at first, too, but you can never be too sure. I just wanted to make sure that I'm showing Sharknado the respect it deserves.
Many cinema critics tried to throw Sharknado into the discussion for best film of 2013...but that would be like throwing Peyton Manning into a pee-wee football league of 2nd graders to see who plays the best.

It just wouldn't be fair to all the other films trying to compete with the splendor & majesty that is Sharknado.

PUSH

Many cinema critics tried to throw Sharknado into the discussion for best film of 2013...but that would be like throwing Peyton Manning into a pee-wee football league of 2nd graders to see who plays the best.

It just wouldn't be fair to all the other films trying to compete with the splendor & majesty that is Sharknado.
That'd be like throwing Meg into a group along with Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln and asking who's the most blameable. It's just too obvious.

Lee

Adventurer
Hmmm....tough...

1. 12 Years a Slave
2. Wolf of Wall St.
3. West of Memphis
4. American Hustle
5. Gravity

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom