Top 3 Enjoyed, Top 3 Hated

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
As simple as the title reads, list your top 3 most enjoyed things (could be attractions, areas, places, etc), and your top 3 hated things.

The only rules are it must be limited to what's inside Disneyland / Disney's California Adventure theme parks. I understand that there's too much to list when it comes to favorite rides and things about Disneyland, so just list 3 things you consistently enjoy / love. We wont assume you dislike everything else, unless it's in your top 3 hated :D alright go!

Top 3 Favorites:

Top 3 Hated:

PiratesMansion

Enjoyed:
1. Pirates
2. Mansion (1&2 would change position at MK/TDL)
3. Space Mountain

Hated:
1. Pixar Pier
2. Soarin over the World
3. Iger and his associates lifting their legs and flooding IP onto everything, whether or not it belongs.

Best:
1) Main Street (especially when it’s twilight and the lights are on but it’s not quite dark)
2) Splash Mountain
3) Rivers of America before park close. The reflection on the Mark Twain lit up on the water with little to no crowds.

Worst:
1) Paradise Gardens Park (I like the Arial ride, lots of nostalgia with 4 little kids but the rest of it is a waste of time)
2) Hollywood Backlot
3)Toon Town (especially when it’s hot)

Californian Elitist

Favorites:

1. Disneyland history
2. Plaza Inn
3. New Orleans Square (everything included)

Hated:

1. Lack of care regarding Disneyland history, tradition, theme, placemaking, etc./overall money-hungry attitude, overwhelming amount of IP, Iger, Chapek, etc.
2. SWL:GE
3. So-called fans who have no respect for or knowledge of Disneyland’s history and have low standards/find any and everything new to be cool and acceptable, even if it makes no sense whatsoever

Mickeyboof

1) Disneyland
2) Stepping off the Railroad into New Orleans Square, the reveal of pirate ships and sweet sounding jazz.
3) Radiator Springs

1) Bob Chapek’s Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
2) Bob Chapek’s Galaxy’s Edge
3) Tomorrowland as it currently stands

Bonus: does everyone need a to vlog!?
Disneyland is such a personal and individual experience, I can’t imagine filming every second of it. People must be bored of it, and blogging gives it all reason to keep going.

What’s worse is how Disney showers them with hotel rooms, party passes, stunt shows in galaxy’s edge, ect.

Travel Junkie

Bonus: does everyone need a to vlog!?
Disneyland is such a personal and individual experience, I can’t imagine filming every second of it. People must be bored of it, and blogging gives it all reason to keep going.

What’s worse is how Disney showers them with hotel rooms, party passes, stunt shows in galaxy’s edge, ect.

I think you answered your own question. The vloggers and influencers do what they do to get those perks. It's happening in all segments as the influencers are taking the marketing budget that used to go to things like TV ads. I know we are focused on the Disney ones, but overall it can be a good use of money on a company's part to extend these perks to certain people who drive more business. I think it does work for Disney to a degree as well, but they should be more selective in who they choose to provide these perks to. Disney is casting such a wide net that a lot more people are getting these perks than really should based on their influence over an audience.

shambolicdefending

I'm a little surprised with all the angst towards vloggers. Isn't it one of those "if you don't like it, just don't watch it," things?

Vloggers wouldn't even come close to my Top 3, because I just don't watch them enough to even think about them.

Mickeyboof

I'm a little surprised with all the angst towards vloggers. Isn't it one of those "if you don't like it, just don't watch it," things?

Vloggers wouldn't even come close to my Top 3, because I just don't watch them enough to even think about them.

You misunderstand. It’s not frustrating they post content, it’s frustrating how many there are in a given day. The camera stabilizers, the self entitled and self indulgent attitudes. It’s very difficult to enjoy the changing seasons or offerings (or new lands such as Star Wars) without being immersed in a sea of these people.

It’s pathetic, frankly.

This happened at the Magic Kingdom, but the ferry was being held and held- Last ferry of the night. I heard the CMs say they’re waiting. Then, after a bit, a Disney Blogger and his girlfriend appear. They thank all the ferry CMs, who some appear to know him well enough. The boat then leaves as soon as they step onto the ship. I was curious, so I went to his channel. Sure enough, he had a video bragging about being the last on Main Street.

At Disneyland, I witnessed the awkward Fresh Baked bunch and the other guy who is sometimes banned, sometimes not, move way further front of the line to get into Galaxy’s Edge opening day. The rest of the morning in the land, it was nearly impossible to get near anything without a wall of cameras filming content.

I could go on and on.

shambolicdefending

You misunderstand. It’s not frustrating they post content, it’s frustrating how many there are in a given day. The camera stabilizers, the self entitled and self indulgent attitudes. It’s very difficult to enjoy the changing seasons or offerings (or new lands such as Star Wars) without being immersed in a sea of these people.

It’s pathetic, frankly.

This happened at the Magic Kingdom, but the ferry was being held and held- Last ferry of the night. I heard the CMs say they’re waiting. Then, after a bit, a Disney Blogger and his girlfriend appear. They thank all the ferry CMs, who some appear to know him well enough. The boat then leaves as soon as they step onto the ship. I was curious, so I went to his channel. Sure enough, he had a video bragging about being the last on Main Street.

At Disneyland, I witnessed the awkward Fresh Baked bunch and the other guy who is sometimes banned, sometimes not, move way further front of the line to get into Galaxy’s Edge opening day. The rest of the morning in the land, it was nearly impossible to get near anything without a wall of cameras filming content.

I could go on and on.
Honestly, I've never noticed any abundance of obvious vloggers on my visits. But, I also intentionally avoid any special events, so...

BrianLo

All Time
Top 3 Favorites:
1. Splash Mountain
2. Radiator Springs
3. The perfection that is Disneyland's Westside - Adventureland - New Orleans - Frontierland - Galaxy's Edge - Critter Country
(Seriously I think the West Side of that park is better than even the entirety of current Tokyo Disney Sea).

Top 3 Hated:
3. Pixar Pier
2. The state of Tomorrowland
1. The Hollywood Backlot

----

Transiently Based on my last visit
Top 3 Favorites:
1. Galaxy's Edge
2. Mission Breakout
3. The Disneyland RR River section

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom