ToonTown Dilemma

Lennyg512

Original Poster
With the new Fantasyland Expansion taking over all of the available space in the back of the Magic Kingdom including Mickey's Toontown Fair, there are some who wonder what will become of the buildings and other amenities of this area. I was wondering, would it be a good idea if sometime in the future, another expansion to the Magic Kingdom would be Mickey's Toontown similar to the one in Disneyland? In California, Mickey's Toontown is located behind Fantasyland and behind the train tracks. In the future, it could be likely that there be a desire for more presence of Mickey and friends in the Magic Kingdom. If so, Disney could do a similar task such as placing this new, fully themed and realized land in the back of the Magic Kingdom on the other side of the train tracks to give Mickey a proper home.

Any thoughts or ideas?

the-reason14

I would love for them to do this because DL's toontown was really nice in comparison to the fair at the MK. But the thing about WDW/MK is that if they were to do this, they wouldn't necessarily have to do it at the MK. They could easily put it at mgm because WDW has the space that DL wishes it had :lol: But I hope they eventually do it and either park is a good place imo, but it may not be that soon.

the_princess

With the expansion it'd be nice to have a ToonTown like in DL... But I don't think its going to happen, sadly...

Does anyone know if Toon Town will still be open at the end of this month or is it already closed?

Wilt Dasney

I don't think you'll see another Toontown at MK. It would be like going in reverse (even if the new one was actually a lot better than the original).

The "Toon Studios" idea that gets kicked around sounds like a great idea for DHS, though. I think something like that would be more likely...simply because it would be a somewhat fresh idea.

Master Gracey 5

I don't think you'll see another Toontown at MK. It would be like going in reverse (even if the new one was actually a lot better than the original).

The "Toon Studios" idea that gets kicked around sounds like a great idea for DHS, though. I think something like that would be more likely...simply because it would be a somewhat fresh idea.

I like the Toon Studios idea better myself, but the bigger problem I see with MK is that building outside the berm either requires them to build under the RR like the did at Splash, or somehow over it. Keeping the crosswalk on the RR level creates too many liability problems of people rushing across the tracks when a train is pulling by. I don't think the headaches are worth it to Disney.

Wilt Dasney

I like the Toon Studios idea better myself, but the bigger problem I see with MK is that building outside the berm either requires them to build under the RR like the did at Splash, or somehow over it. Keeping the crosswalk on the RR level creates too many liability problems of people rushing across the tracks when a train is pulling by. I don't think the headaches are worth it to Disney.
Agreed. With all the land they have, there's just no need to get that creative with space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom