Toon Town

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I don't see anyone here talk about Toon Town. I've seen the one at DL and can tell you that it is a good quality E-ticket section of DL, much as how Splash Mountain is to our MK. Our Toon Town Fair is nothing like the full-fletched Town Town at DL, which includes Roger Rabit's Cartoon Spin, which is like a modern-take on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

So I'm wondering if Disney has any plans to make Florida's Toon Town more like a real land, like at DL?

kevmagkingdom

Account Suspended
Well in 1988 Toontown at WDW was just temporary. Yes they changed it in 1996, but it's more a large attraction then anything. It's not really a "land" (yes it's reffered to as one) and it only has one real ride. That was pretty much the idea all along. So no I don't think it will be a real land.

TheDisneyGirl02

Toon Town was Mickey's Birthdayland back in the 80's and then it was changed to something else (I think and the concept has escaped my mind for the moment) and then into the Toon Town as we know it today for the most part. Minnie Moo used to be there too...if I'm not mistaken where the Barnstormer is today.

It would be nice to have a few more rides in Toon Town, but I still like it the way it is!

TheDisneyGirl02

askmike1

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
Toon Town was Mickey's Birthdayland back in the 80's and then it was changed to something else (I think and the concept has escaped my mind for the moment) and then into the Toon Town as we know it today for the most part. Minnie Moo used to be there too...if I'm not mistaken where the Barnstormer is today.
TheDisneyGirl02

Yes, after Mickey's Birthdayland, they renamed it Mickey's Starland. I remember in addition to the farm (with Minnie Moo), there was also a hedge maze with water shooting things in it.

-Michael

TheDisneyGirl02

askmike1 said:
Yes, after Mickey's Birthdayland, they renamed it Mickey's Starland. I remember in addition to the farm (with Minnie Moo), there was also a hedge maze with water shooting things in it.

-Michael

That's it! Thank you so much!

TheDisneyGirl02

bork

There were some rumors a few months back. Since the 20K Leagues show building is adjacent to the big ugly toontown tents, the imagineers were looking into removing the tents and making some changes to toontown. I don't think there were any specifics, though.

I agree, that after seeing Disneyland's Toontown, WDW's "Toontown" is pretty lackluster.

Rosso11

When I worked at the Magic Kingdom I went to a seminar with Al Weiss, the president of WDW. At the time the space for 20,000 leagues under the sea came up in Q&A session with him and he spoke about the expansion of Toontown. This was 2 years ago but he talked about the extensive work the imagineers had worked on already. He didn't get into to much detail but from the sound of it the plan at the time was to move the entrance of toontown directly behind the castle where Scuttles landing is right now, to the right of the little mermaid meet and greet. This would have greatly increased the size of toontown. However as most people on these boards know things are constantly changing at Disney, so who knows if this will ever happen. This information is 2 years old now so I'm sure things have drastically changed.

speck76

The 20K site is in a location where expansion to both Mickey's Toon Town Fair and Fantasyland could occur. I am hoping to eventually see a new show or attraction in both lands, although the MK has expanded enough in the last year, and the other parks need it more.

nickcarraway

I think a really cool show like the one they had when Toon Town was Mickey’s Birthdayland would jazz up the place. Does anyone remember that spectacular show? I loved the end when they shot off the streamers. The entire room smelled like birthday cake. Nowadays, I pass right by Toon Town. Where it is and what it contains, in my opinion, makes it a very forgettable section of the park.

DopeyJas2004

As unlikely as it sounds, I would have LOVED a theater with a dl aladdin type show, or something like that new "On the Record" in 20k lagoon but we wont know whats going there until they announce it officially. If I had to make a guess on what i think will go there i'd said toontown expansion would pony to bet on in this case. This comes not from official knowledge but I'm thinking since fantasyland is getting small world rehab and tontown hasn't been touched in quite a while thats where i'd say it'll go but then as always they could throw something at us from left field like ~god forbid~ HARRY POTTER :hurl: :lol: but I guess this is just one space we'll have to watch and patienly wait for their plans to be revealed to us :brick: :snore: :lol:

askmike1

nickcarraway said:
I think a really cool show like the one they had when Toon Town was Mickey’s Birthdayland would jazz up the place. Does anyone remember that spectacular show? I loved the end when they shot off the streamers. The entire room smelled like birthday cake. Nowadays, I pass right by Toon Town. Where it is and what it contains, in my opinion, makes it a very forgettable section of the park.

I remember that show. It was a really good show (just can't remember the name of it). What I hope happens is that they don't expand Toontown, but change the tents into permenant structures (therefore eleminating the 'fair' part of the name), and build a really nice E-Ticket ride in 20k lagoon. If Disney does ever do a Harry Potter themed attraction, I could imagine a ride in Animal Kingdom, and/or a show in Disney-MGM.

-Michael

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom