Took the kids to WDW and didn't let them ride any rides

a2grafix

Uh, yes Animal Kingdom to the Animal Kingdom Lodge can sometimes be a long wait just to see / tour the resort.

Too bad you didn't stop at Shades of Green, which would have made it complete. There's a little trail that winds through the front of the Polynesian that takes you to another trail along a few lakes and the edge of the golf courses.

DAUGHTER: "Just take a picture of it (Grand Floridian) through the (monorail) window?"
DAD: "Sorry, it doesn't work that way."

And yes, taking a picture of a resort is not quite like entering it. It's like stopping in Denver on a cross-country flight from Detroit to Anaheim and claiming that you visited Denver or you visited the great state of Colorado. Nope. Doesn't count, even if you walk from one end of the airport to the other to catch your connecting flight. Downtown Denver is several miles away. Learned that the hard way when I told my friends I visited "Denver" on my way to Disneyland.

Great idea! I've been to several of the Disney resorts through my lifetime but I have not been to every one. I might decide on doing this next time I visit.

Princess Sophie

Can't wait to do this on our next trip! It will be on the
Must do's next time! Hope our kids are as well behaved!
Never heard of the kitchen sink can't wait to have that too!
:sohappy:

real mad hatter

Honest!

You cannot be serious,a vacation from Scotland to WDW,Florida,then tell the kids,let's do a day missing out the rides and attractions,yeh,like that will go down well.Now the kitchen sink dessert is awesome,that's my kinda vacation.:ROFLOL:

El-Fuego

Rock Around the Mouse

What kid wouldn't want to ride around on buses, trains and taxis all day bypassing all the parks? Hey Dad, remember the time we went to the front entrance to Magic Kingdom? Does Hasabigrock also show his kids bikes, computer consoles etc at Christmas and then tell them they can't play with them. Shame! :animwink:

Actually Hasabigrock (cool name) in all seriousness, sounds like you had a blast, maybe I'll try it next time. Great way to see what else is out there.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Amazed.... If I were younger I'd be having the biggest temper tantrums because we weren't going on rides.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Princess Sophie

Can't wait to do this on our next trip! It will be on the
Must do's next time! Hope our kids are as well behaved!
Never heard of the kitchen sink can't wait to have that too!
:sohappy:

Sorry should have been clearer .... I'd go round All the resort
Hotels like this but not just the park entrances, never mind the kids Id want t0
Go on the rides and walk about the parks! I'd be in tears knowing I was that close and not goin in! That family done well! :p

real mad hatter

Good Call.

Sorry should have been clearer .... I'd go round All the resort
Hotels like this but not just the park entrances, never mind the kids Id want t0
Go on the rides and walk about the parks! I'd be in tears knowing I was that close and not goin in! That family done well! :p

Phew!That sounds better.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom