Too Small of an update

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, this update will be breif.. but there's some stuff going on at WDW worth nothing.

First off, Too Small to See in Innoventions West has closed. It was a temporary exhibit and will now be boxed up to go touring around the US to science museums.

Also at Innoventions, new "temporary" signage has gone up at the exits into Future World East and West. I'll get a photo of that up ASAP.

Absolutely nothing seems to have changed inside the ride portion of Spaceship Earth during this breif closure. I looked for anything at all and couldn't find any signs of a change. The corporate lounge windows looking toward innoventions plaza no longer have tarps, just reflective glass.

The refurb of the Mitsukoshi has come down into the department store. The section that had much of the anime gear is walled off.

New pavement has been layed all around outside the entrance tunnels to the MK. The whole area is almost entirely new pavement. Also, they've been working to pave the area between Wonder of Life and Mission: SPACE in an ongoing process recently. Most notably, they paved around the big planter that's infront of Wonders. You think they'd just demolish it, but oh well.

Other then that, I got nothin. Well, Norway refurb walls extend out into the plaza and are taller then normal refurb walls (they're about 12 feet).

Edit to add pics:

YQTHN-100_2754.JPG

Temporary-tastic! But this is just tragic...

GCLLV-100_2755.JPG

benji

Thanks for the update! Is the new mysterious lazer in Spaceship Earth's backwards portion of the ride still their? :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I almost completely forgot!

The Future World East Tipboard now says:

"Welcome to EPCOT Celebrating the Year of a Million Dreams"

*pouts*

hack2112

That's extremely interesting Merf, i wonder what's going to happen to WoL... I hope it makes ot to December 2007, just so I can go on Cranium Command, Making of Me, and Body Wars (just because I have to, some sort of tradition I have). Oh, and I never liked Too Small to See anyway, I thought it was tacky and a waste of place, but that's just my opinion. Once, again, thanks Merf, Mr. Merf, or Señor Merf, whatever it is you like to be called. Expect a new name on your next update!

hack2112

I almost completely forgot!

The Future World East Tipboard now says:

"Welcome to EPCOT Celebrating the Year of a Million Dreams"

*pouts*
Is EPCOT capitalized like that? Because that would be interesting. Oh, and I wish they would make some mention of the 25th Anniversary. That would make my day, or week, or even month! But it won't happen, because I've lost hope. :cry: I wish I had my hope back. Not even Finding Nemo can help me now. (Ok, it did, but don't tell anyone, Ok?)

Edit: Epcot is capitalized. That's interesting. It could mean they're going back to their EPCOT Center roots, or it's just a typo. I hope/ believ it's the first, but I usually put a second option. Just to cover my bases. And I somewhat believe it too.

Also, I like the new Innoventions sign, even if it is just temporary. I like the abandonment of the Road to tomorrow theme, it always seemed childish and tacky, not to mention a little over the top and stupid, but that's just my take on the situation.

SDav10495

Also, I like the new Innoventions sign, even if it is just temporary. I like the abandonment of the Road to tomorrow theme, it always seemed childish and tacky, not to mention a little over the top and stupid, but that's just my take on the situation.

Hey, I think I missed something--they got rid of the Road to Tomorrow theme? What has changed in Innoventions since I was there this February?

Thanks for the updates!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, the latest press releases refer to Character Spot as being in Innoventions West. While it is part of what was Communicore West, I don't think that southern part of the building ever had anything "Innoventions" on it.

The character spot is getting entrances into the breezeway. At sort of 45 degree angles there are little refurb walls in the perfect size for sliding double doors: one facing east-ish one facing west-ish.

With that, and then the removal of Too Small to See.. perhaps Innoventions West will flow through the breezeway once more. Too Small to See is currently what's on the pseudo-wall that would be the opening into the breezeway.

Enigma

Account Suspended
What the heck was the difference between original innoventions and innoventions: The Road to tomorrow? What was changed and what was it that made it necessary to change the name?

Also, has anyone heard if they will get rid of the name Innoventions entirely and go back to Communicore or a brand new name for the buildings? I personally hate innoventions.

XS-Spence

Absolutely nothing seems to have changed inside the ride portion of Spaceship Earth during this breif closure. I looked for anything at all and couldn't find any signs of a change. The corporate lounge windows looking toward innoventions plaza no longer have tarps, just reflective glass.

Missed posting it here first, but the hunched over AA pulling the 2 ships together in the Phonecian Merchant scene seems to be AWOL. Perhaps he finally tied the 2 boats together and is napping with his monk friend....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Missed posting it here first, but the hunched over AA pulling the 2 ships together in the Phonecian Merchant scene seems to be AWOL. Perhaps he finally tied the 2 boats together and is napping with his monk friend....
Hopefully he`s in the AA hospital for some TLC.... otherwise he`ll be the 8th AA to be taken out of SSE since it was built.

Brian_B

Hopefully he`s in the AA hospital for some TLC.... otherwise he`ll be the 8th AA to be taken out of SSE since it was built.

At the risk of making myself depressed, could you do us a favor and recap which AA's have been removed from current scenes - not including the ones taken out of the finale? My curiosity is overwhelming, even though my best judgment tells me I shouldn't even ask..

naumoney

Absolutely nothing seems to have changed inside the ride portion of Spaceship Earth during this breif closure. I looked for anything at all and couldn't find any signs of a change.

I havent made it over there since friday, but I heard that they were adding the steel plates between every car so no one can catch their foot in there.

BSikor

Thanks for the update! Is the new mysterious lazer in Spaceship Earth's backwards portion of the ride still their? :wave:

Are you talking about the new dinky laser that is right before the communications tunnel? It used to be there and then for some reason it must have stopped working. It's back now. It's been YEARS since I've seen it.

As for other changes, two and a half weeks ago I had the WORST ride on SE ever. Half the audio wasn't working and the same for the AA's. They were motionless! During the finale where we see the mini Spaceship Earth model, the fiber optic string wasn't on and the lights on the mini model was off so you went backwards into this dark tunnel. I was horrible.

I went on the other day and it was a bit cleaner. All of the AA's worked and all the lights were back on. That's about it. It didn't see anything else of merit to mention.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
At the risk of making myself depressed, could you do us a favor and recap which AA's have been removed from current scenes - not including the ones taken out of the finale? My curiosity is overwhelming, even though my best judgment tells me I shouldn't even ask..
There used to be a 4th AA in the Guttenburg scene on the left hand side, sat at the desk at the start of the scene - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22816&d=1148853362 compared to today - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22819&d=1148939133

The others were all to do with pre 94 scenes. The Hi Tec Comms Center had one AA, the boys bedroom and paperless office each had one, and Network Ops had two - until the female AA suddenly dissappeared in the 80`s. 180top had the (in)famous girl at the window AA too. The astronauts were manaquinns.

As for other changes, two and a half weeks ago I had the WORST ride on SE ever. Half the audio wasn't working and the same for the AA's. They were motionless! During the finale where we see the mini Spaceship Earth model, the fiber optic string wasn't on and the lights on the mini model was off so you went backwards into this dark tunnel.
That`s just terrible. Gone are the days when any one of those issues would trigger a 101 and forced closure for show quality reasons. THAT`s one of the things current management should be ashamed of. Of course they knew about it. DACs would have triggered before any guest saw it, and in the past the ride would have been cycled out and the issues fixed, either there and then or on the 3rd shift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom