Too Much Lovey-Dovey in WDW

EthylCooper

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
The important thing to remember is that we all have the ability to not stare. If something is offending you, simply move on quickly, turn your back, or look away.

I agree with this 100%, except....

I've seen lots of PDA at WDW, and I'm completely comfortable with most of it. The one time a couple crossed the line around me, it was in the first room at Legend of the Lion King (the waiting room before the preshow room). We were jammed in like sardines and I was right behind an oblivious couple. They weren't so much groping (although there was a little bit), mostly just kissing, but it was the big, wet, loud smacking kind of kissing. The not looking didn't help much since I couldn't avoid the hearing. It's hard to relate this story without sound effects, but suffice to say this was unusually *loud*. All the parents jammed in around them were uncomfortable and were trying to keep their kids occupied with the pictures on the walls and other things. That was the longest 15 or 20 minutes I've ever waited for an attraction.

Maria

Originally posted by Dwarful
More though I meant things like guys in super short shorts with the slits up both sides.....one wrong move and the general public is getting to see more than they want to while waiting for a parade on Main Street USA!

Happened to me and my girl friends while waiting for the preshow in JII.... this guy was seating with his back against the wall and his legs bent with the knees on top (that was a while before the cms asked to stand up when the lights went out). I think it was the first time we saw a guy´s jewels and it was a disturbing picture that HE enjoyed a lot! :mad:

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
a small amount of PDA is fine, great happy:D :D :D :) :) but there is a line that doesnt need to be crossed...hugging and a small amount of kissing , cudding etc is fine but not more than that

MouseMadness

Originally posted by DisneyWonders07
Once there was this 30 year old couple standing in the middle of Main Street U.S.A. making out (I mean french-kissing making out). My mom said "get a room" and they looked at us disgusted, but they deserved it.:mad:

30!!!!!!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!! ( I kid, Disneywonder. It's just... I'm 27!! Am I really that close to being considered gross if I make out in public? Not that I do....:animwink: ) No, I'm not one for PDA, I think a kiss, fine, holding hands, so what, but everybody has seen sombody who made them think "why exactly do you have to do that here?" Sometimes it's not as easy as not looking in their direction... as in the case of the person on splash mountain... how're you supposed to get away from that?

Scooter

I don't know about anyone else but Passionate kisses make me...well...how should I say this...they put me in a MOOD to do something other than Disney Things.:animwink:

I wouldn't wanna be in the middle of The Magic Kingdom and be in THAT kind of mood and not be able to take care of business.

Not to mention it would be a little embarrasing if people saw me walking around the park with my IN-THE-MOOD part protruding.:D

Save that heavy petting for when ya get back to the Resort people... then make a little Disney Magic of your OWN.:slurp:

RU42

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
or...make "a little souvenir"

That is so my favorite commercial!

And I agree, a kiss in public is fine. The place is magical and many Disney movies are about falling in love (Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermain, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, etc.) But I think there is a line that in good taste shouldn't be crossed.

I am glad to say, that I don't see real inappropriate behavior all that much. I bet the IR camera operators in HM see a whole lot more. :animwink:

RU

mwitkus

There have been so many excellent points made here... I would like to add my 2 cents worth as well... Most of these have already been stated, but I want to reiterate...

1. Everyone has their own level of comfort with PDA's. Some people are offended by a peck on the cheek and others by more extreme measures that in some cases, leave evidence (for lack of a nicer way to explain it). I think, as with all other things, we need to be aware of those people around us. If you are made uncomfortable by something, do your best to avoid it or look away from it. However, if you realize that you are doing something that is making someone else uncomfortable, be considerate and stop that behavior.

2. WDW is a family park, with many many many children. Try not to give them an education on the birds and the bees while they are there. Just because you may consider it appropriate for yourself or your children, doesn't mean that other people consider it appropriate for their children. If the parks aren't going to promote, you shouldn't either.

3. I love the saying that someone made, "If you wouldn't be comfortable seeing your parents do it, you shouldn't do it in public." How true that is!

4. My own personal opinion of what is appropriate: A hug, a quick kiss, holding hands, etc... Making out, touching other peoples "personal areas" is probably a bit too much for my comfort level, but again, that's just my opinion...

5. I am happy to report, I have not experienced too many moments of discomfort in Disney!!! Most people have kept it clean and for that I thank you!!!

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
i completly agree w/ point number 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is a very good rule to follow

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Scooter
Save that heavy petting for when ya get back to the Resort people... then make a little Disney Magic of your OWN.:slurp:
Actually we did, her name is JADE and she will be TWO in June....

You can do the math to work out when our trip was.:D :king: :wave: :kiss:

ArielLover

Couldn't resist adding my 2 cents into thos post. I am 36 and have been married 17 years ( Ya, do the math, I was 19). My wife is a year younger BTW. We have no problems with PDA but you really need to keep it in moderation. Our daughter (16) makes it very clear that she does not enjoy seeing any more than holding hands. On the subject of dress codes: I don't really care what people wear but at least keep the basics covered. I do not see what the big deal is about the short shorts or the bikini tops. You see it all the time on TV, beaches, etc. My biggest complaint is that 90% of the people shouldn't even dream about wearing these skimpy outfots (LOL). But hey what would me and my daughter have to make fun out of. Just an FYI my wife and daughter are extremely conservative in how they dress. ( I am one lucky dad LOL)

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by WDWJunkie
No matter where you go, people can go to all sorts of extremes: they get too mad at something and it leads to fights (that's another thread though) and other times, people don't have the sense to cut off their public displays of affection when it goes a little too far (thus, not saying ALL public displays are bad). Have any of you witnessed this, no matter where in WDW it may have happened?

Uh, no, but I have been one of the aforementioned people who has gone pretty far. Call it Led Zepplin's Whole Lotta Love Adventure or something. WDW tends to bring out the romance, why fight it?

cuteypatooty78

Did I ever tell you about the time we were on Ellen's Universe of Energy and this young couple in front of us started french kissin' and makin' out through the whole ride. I mean really, the guy wasn't even that cute. :hurl: :lol:

pixierose

Once my family and I were seated directly behind a couple on Pirates of the Caribbean. They were making out the entire time even down the hills (it was Disneyland). It was very uncomfortable and embarassing...that was the longest ride ever!!:dazzle:

wdwfan65

Banned
It must be something with Disney and making out,I work in a Disney store and people make out all the time when they are checking out,sometimes you have to stop them to give them there bag and go.Maybe its the victorias next door?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom