Too much Disney

EmmieSue

I've got a question. For all you people who go every year or two or three times a year. Do you ever get a feeling of too much Disney when you go so much?

I went twice a little less than a year apart. The first time was for four and a half days. Second time was 7 and a half. Toward the end of this last trip I did feel like it was too much. This time I spaced it out for a year and half between in hopes that some of the new stuff will be complete by then so there is an even larger variety of stuff I haven't done yet.

Cmdr_Crimson

Time to bring out this classic...
tumblr_m9e2cnrmuy1r3gwsio1_250.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
There is a point when it doesn't feel special. That's when I know I've gone too many times, too often. This happened in 2012. We hit a wall, and our last trip that year was almost boring, or even depressing. We weren't excited about anything and were ready to come home.

So, in 2013, we took two trips to Disneyland and loved it!

In 2014, we knew we were going to start a family, so we took a mega trip in March: A night in a BW Villa, a 3-night cruise, 3 nights in a GF Villa, and 2 nights in a WL Villa. It was all fantastic.

My wife was very pregnant come August, but she couldn't stand it and booked us a short trip to WDW, staying at Riverside. It was miserably hot, she was 6-mos prego, and I'm fat. We decided that was our last summer trip.

We have a trip planned for January, which would be an 17 month span. But, my wife broke down again and booked us a 3-night DCL for Nov 13....with 3 nights at WDW before. Nov 12 will be our son's first birthday, and first trip outside a human body, so we're excited.

It will a whole new type of exciting, since I'll be reliving my childhood trips through my son. I doubt it will get boring again for a while.

popcenturylover

Well, we went 6/09, 9/12, 12/13, & 5/15. They were all great trips but, this last one just felt a bit less "Magical". So, I told the fam that maybe we should space them out a bit more. So...........maybe we'll be back in 2-3 years!?

JasonDeyoung

I've got a question. For all you people who go every year or two or three times a year. Do you ever get a feeling of too much Disney when you go so much?
I live about an hour away and go only once a month or at least try to only go once a month and I haven't been to the point of being sick of it yet. I do know quite a few people that go more than me and have burned themselves out on it though. Guess it all really depends on the person. It's all about trying and having new experiences each visit. Keeps it fresh and fun

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Total honest answer and it is no. We have been almost every year the past 5 years and for about 2 weeks each time. We used to go every other year but started going more after 2010. Still have not felt like it's too much or got sick of it. We even joined DVC in 2013 to make our addiction official. Lol. After our trip this year in Oct. we probably won't be back until 2017 and that will be torture for me! Also I Still get upset every time we have to leave. Never fails. Haha :)

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Absolutely! After 32 years and 44+ trips, that is exactly why I only do short visits now, three or four days tops. I once stayed on site and had purchased a special, 'buy 4 get 7 package'. I thought that they were going to have to take me out in a straight jacket. I was looking around for some giant sized mouse traps and couldn't wait to leave.

It completely depends on ones personality and makeup. I tire of things I'm exposed to on a constant basis. I love Disney World but usually have at least a year between visits so I have time to recover, so to speak. That is also one of the reasons why I stay offsite. One day at Disney and the next day someplace else, then one day at Disney and so on. Again, internal mental fatigue and now as I have aged physical fatigue as well.

NonnaT

My goal is to retire to Florida in exactly 3 years and 3 months. Our new home absolutely must be near a beach and within 1 hour 15 mins from WDW so as to do frequent day trips! So, to answer your question' emphatically no! We adore WDW and sometimes when flights are cheap will take off for just 3 day lovefest! For us it isn't just about the rides, but about the magic within! We are those people you see hang out at the resort pool for the day, then shower, change and do a resort signature dining. We rent boats, resort hop, shop, and generally decompress. We've even taken a tennis lesson at WDW! Absolute relaxation! IMHO! Sparkle on!!!

JIMINYCR

I hope it never feels like its too much or gets to the point of being boring. So far I've found enough to keep me wanting to come back. And hopefully disney will make changes, improvements and add new shows to keep parts of Disney feeling new and explorable. There are many seasonal events that I've never been able to go to that are on my bucket list. If only when I get to my retirement years I have the money and good health to do it all.

betty rose

I have never tired of Disney. We spend time with our kids and grandkids. We go twice a year for 7 to 10 days. We bought DVC with inheritance money. We stay in a two bedroom. Our daughter has us doing a different Disney challenge each year. So it's something new for us to do, each trip. We go into the park, only half days. The rest of the time, we go to different resorts..take a book to a "new" lobby and read. Or listen to music. Have a hotel treat or meal. Something different than our time share. We like to change things up. Daughter likes planning. We do her 1/2 day of planning with the kids and grandkids. Then we go off to do other things . :)

copcarguyp71

Pretty subjective topic. I think everyone's threshold is going to be different. One person/family can go multiple times a year and another can only tolerate every other year...it does not really make either one right or wrong. For us we used to go every other year and then we went two years in a row and for us I have to say that absence makes the heart grow fonder...two in a row was too much for us. Just my own personal experience but like I said everyone is going to be different and it does not make anyone right or wrong.

betty rose

Pretty subjective topic. I think everyone's threshold is going to be different. One person/family can go multiple times a year and another can only tolerate every other year...it does not really make either one right or wrong. For us we used to go every other year and then we went two years in a row and for us I have to say that absence makes the heart grow fonder...two in a row was too much for us. Just my own personal experience but like I said everyone is going to be different and it does not make anyone right or wrong.
I agree, there is no right or wrong way to do Disney. It's all good however you choose your Disney style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom