Tony's Opinions since Reopen?

Herdman

I think it's kind of hard to tell when asking people in general. Everyone has different tastes. One Disney Facebook group that we belong to has had some members say they had a great experience there recently. I find that some people don't like virtually every restaurant I've ever been to, Disney or not. If it's some place you think you might want to try I wouldn't let someone else's opinion sway you.

aladdin2007

Original Poster
We went today after a long time and really enjoyed it, I think the food, depending on what you get has improved.
We had a super nice server which of course makes all the difference, will certainly go back.

ElvisMickey

I went a little over a week ago and have no complaints. However, I am a little biased since Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney film and I love Italian food in general. So I've never had any complaints with Tony's despite the negativity over the years. Stick with the spaghetti and meatballs and you're good lol.

JIMINYCR

Weve given Tonys multiple chances to impress us and their meals have never risen to the level of a must do restaurant. I dont know why a reopening would change anything because they are continuing to serve the same bland, uninspiring dishes. Its a shame that an Italian restaurant on Main Street would be so blah. The best and only thing going for it is the Lady & the Tramp theming.

harryk

I have never had a meal there that I did not enjoy over the many years that I visit MK. Yes, I tend to stick with the spaghetti and meatballs.
I find it a wonder, seeing all the negative reviews, that the restaurant is always full to capacity and reservations are almost never seated on time. Mine have usually been 20-30 minutes later than booked.

Club Cooloholic

A former poster on here who has his own disney tourist blog recently gave it a good review!

UNCgolf

I hope it has improved. It's in a good location and I enjoy the Lady and Tramp theming.

The only time I've eaten there was in February 2018 and the food was really bad. My GF and I both got chicken parm. Mine was edible, but that's about it. Hers was basically inedible; the chicken was like rubber. Even hearing it's better probably wouldn't get me to go back because of how bad it was/how many other restaurants there are to eat at instead.

Hcalvert

I went in January and it was fine. I went again in July and the food was mediocre. We had decided to just stick to Jungle Canteen only at MK. However, we are thinking of going to Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time during our December trip.

Last edited:

Hockey89

I went in January and it was fine. I went again in July and the food was mediocre. We had decided to just stick to Jungle Canteen only at MK. However, we are thinking of going to Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time during our December trip.
Stick to Jungle. It’s the only good place. LTT is so blah.

Hcalvert

We are only considering it for Christmas dinner. My husband wants to go somewhere that has a resemblance to a traditional dinner. It you know of a better place for that day, please let me know. We are scheduled to be at MK that day.

olie64

We are only considering it for Christmas dinner. My husband wants to go somewhere that has a resemblance to a traditional dinner. It you know of a better place for that day, please let me know. We are scheduled to be at MK that day.

Do you ever make pot roast at home or roasted turkey at home? We enjoy it and I make both at home regularly. I think it probably worth a try if you have never been there on thing is people taste are vastly different...We don't mind Tony's

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

It's another case of differing tastes. LTT was great to us a few weeks ago. We love good pot roast and dressing. Not too enthusiastic about Turkey, but the pork loin is good as well.

Jungle has been inconsistent since it opened as well as having the menu reduced eliminating anything with flavor.

Hockey89

It's another case of differing tastes. LTT was great to us a few weeks ago. We love good pot roast and dressing. Not too enthusiastic about Turkey, but the pork loin is good as well.

Jungle has been inconsistent since it opened as well as having the menu reduced eliminating anything with flavor.
I guess. I wouldn’t eat at LLT again if you paid for the meal. I cook a better pot roast drunk than they offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom