Tomorrow's the day!

cw1982

Original Poster
I get to start making FP+ selections tomorrow.

Two things:

1) Is this set up like ADR's, where the system actually lets you start making selections at 6 am? Or will I be able to start making my selections at midnight?
2) For those who have already been booking, how quickly are things filling up? I doubt that I need to be so worried about this that I need to be ready to make my exact selections at the first minute they are available to me, but, for example, I was hoping to be a little more flexible with the second half of our trip. Do I really need to be prepared to choose all of my times in the next few days/ week or so?

Sorry if any of this sounds dumb. I tend to overthink things lol. Thanks!

Rob562

I'd say that you really don't have to worry about it so much. It's not like you're booking breakfast in the castle... About the only thing that I've heard people posting as going quickly are the Anna & Elsa M&G times.

While the general public being given access to the system might change things a little, it's my belief that as long as you're not trying to force the FP+ reservations into exact, specific timeslots so they'll fit into a planned-down-to-the-minute daily itinerary, you'll be fine making them only a week or two beforehand.

-Rob

cw1982

Original Poster
I'd say that you really don't have to worry about it so much. It's not like you're booking breakfast in the castle... About the only thing that I've heard people posting as going quickly are the Anna & Elsa M&G times.

While the general public being given access to the system might change things a little, it's my belief that as long as you're not trying to force the FP+ reservations into exact, specific timeslots so they'll fit into a planned-down-to-the-minute daily itinerary, you'll be fine making them only a week or two beforehand.

-Rob

Thanks! Part of me really needed to read this ;) No, I don't have to have a down-to-the-minute itinerary, but I do want to try to plan things so that we get to do everything we want while we are there, since there's very little likelihood of us being able to go back in the foreseeable future.

LostPrincessKarleigh

I planned things based on most of the posts on here. I planned almost all my FP+ for the evening and my park hoping was based on park hours, crowd calendar, and ADRs. (Gee, now that I have said it that seems a bit much. :oops:)

Betsyboo

You can start at midnight. Like the others said, I don't think you'll have a problem getting times unless it's for A&E. Also, don't expect to see FPP times for parades or fireworks. They don't seem to be released at the 60 day mark.

cw1982

Original Poster
I planned things based on most of the posts on here. I planned almost all my FP+ for the evening and my park hoping was based on park hours, crowd calendar, and ADRs. (Gee, now that I have said it that seems a bit much. :oops:)

Hah! That's okay... I'm sitting here like a maniac updating my touringplans itineraries for my first four days so I can make an educated guess about which rides, particularly in MK, will be the best ones for FP+. I'm thinking it'll end up being Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, and Peter Pan, based on what I'm seeing so far for that day... although the website seems bound and determined to have me FP+ PoC instead with an already shorter expected wait time than Space Mtn.

cw1982

Original Poster
You can start at midnight. Like the others said, I don't think you'll have a problem getting times unless it's for A&E. Also, don't expect to see FPP times for parades or fireworks. They don't seem to be released at the 60 day mark.

Thanks. A&E aren't a factor for me, and honestly, neither are parades and fireworks. We may end up watching the fireworks at MK later in the week, but for the night I'm planning to use FP+ there I figure it'll mostly be about the rides, especially since that's an EMH night :)

Betsyboo

Thanks. A&E aren't a factor for me, and honestly, neither are parades and fireworks. We may end up watching the fireworks at MK later in the week, but for the night I'm planning to use FP+ there I figure it'll mostly be about the rides, especially since that's an EMH night :)
Don't quote me on this (LOL) but I don't think you can schedule FP+ during EMH hours. I couldn't tell from your post if that was what you were planning or if you were using them earlier in the evening thinking it would be more crowded because of EMH. I'm pretty sure I've read you can't use them during those hours.

cw1982

Original Poster
Don't quote me on this (LOL) but I don't think you can schedule FP+ during EMH hours. I couldn't tell from your post if that was what you were planning or if you were using them earlier in the evening thinking it would be more crowded because of EMH. I'm pretty sure I've read you can't use them during those hours.

Where have you read that?

But no, I figured I wouldn't need them during EMH, especially at MK at night, since most of the families with little kids tend to clear out after the fireworks (from what I've heard).

I did figure on using my FP+ options at the MK in the afternoon and early evening, and then as things start to die down I would be able to ride things again. Just a theory.

cw1982

Original Poster
Wow... just updated a few things on touringplans... now that site says that if I get there at 7 pm and do nothing but hop from ride to ride, I'd be done by 1:30 am LOL. Not gonna happen, since I want to get in some time during the day there... plus, I don't see how their quotes for 7DMT can possibly be accurate with no data to back it up... still, I thought this was amusing.

Betsyboo

Where have you read that?

But no, I figured I wouldn't need them during EMH, especially at MK at night, since most of the families with little kids tend to clear out after the fireworks (from what I've heard).

I did figure on using my FP+ options at the MK in the afternoon and early evening, and then as things start to die down I would be able to ride things again. Just a theory.
I've not been at the same time of the year that you'll be going so I can't really speak to how crowded things will be although if it's mid May I'd say you'll be safe in your assumption that things would die down in the evening.

@Master Yoda has all the right answers. Master - can you make FP+ during EMH? Thanks.

cw1982

Original Poster
I've not been at the same time of the year that you'll be going so I can't really speak to how crowded things will be although if it's mid May I'd say you'll be safe in your assumption that things would die down in the evening.

@Master Yoda has all the right answers. Master - can you make FP+ during EMH? Thanks.

It's first week of June.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I have not tried it yet. In the past EMH did not use fastpass so I would assume the current system forgoes it as well.

cw1982

Original Poster
Thanks @Master Yoda :)

I honestly wasn't even thinking about EMH for the FP. Doesn't seem like one should need them during those hours anyway. I was just saying that I was using the EMH times to help me decide which parks to go to at night.

Betsyboo

Sorry @cw1982 I wasn't trying to hijack your thread. Just didn't want you to try to make them for that time and then couldn't. I guess I read too much into your post.

Dwarful

This is our usual time of year because of school breaks and blocked vacation times otherwise. Morning EMH you can generally get three premium rides in that first hour..maybe more. Evening EMH's tend to stay more crowded until 11 or midnight. Some rides will be easy to walk on, others will have some wait....but generally less than 30 minutes.

cw1982

Original Poster
This is our usual time of year because of school breaks and blocked vacation times otherwise. Morning EMH you can generally get three premium rides in that first hour..maybe more. Evening EMH's tend to stay more crowded until 11 or midnight. Some rides will be easy to walk on, others will have some wait....but generally less than 30 minutes.

Good to know. So, then, do you think planning trips to HS and Epcot around evening EMH would be a waste, then, given that HS EMH is until midnight and Epcot is until 11? Seems like that might not make much of a difference or might even mean encountering unnecessary crowds. Hmm...

Dwarful

EMH's at Epcot in my opinion can be hit or miss. Soarin' will usually still have an hour wait or close to it. Other attractions not so much. It can be fun to walk around the parks at night...MK is our favorite to do in evening EMH's. But with fewer EMH's this year I just don't know if they will still be as 'empty' or not.

cw1982

Original Poster
Yeah... I just remember reading in a few different places that MK tends to be pretty much dead after the nightly shows because that's when most parents tend to take kids back to the rooms for bedtime lol. I'm not sure what our best options will be other than that because DH and I hate getting up early... I just can't see us voluntarily leaving the hotel before 9 each day lol.

Maybe we will decide once we are out there to do two parks most days if we can... I'm thinking AK will be about a half a day since we won't be doing a lot of the kiddie stuff there, although I can see myself wanting to do a lot of the walking exhibits.

I do know that avoiding HS on Friday is a good idea... between Star Wars and (I think) I read somewhere that Friday is the "Gay Day" at HS as well and that tends to draw a crowd, so maybe the other parks will be a little better off that day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom