Tomorrowland

wickedfan07

Nope, they need to leave CoP in its current location. Then they need to move CBJ and Tiki Birds into Tomorrowland and rename the entire area Historic Attraction Land. All the current attractions qualify as both old and historic. :wave:

In that case, they should put all three of them behind It's a Small World make a full land out of it. And maybe throw in horizons and the original JII for good measure. Museumland - aka Fanboi Kingdom? :p

Pseudonym

I really think it would be a beneficial move for Disney to update Tomorrowland. As a species, it's been natural for us to all be intrigued by the future. I understand that there are a lot of things that need to get done to ALL the parks, but I'm sure that Disney comprehends that too. Between Downtown Disney, FLE and Avatar Land, Disney most certainly has a lot on its plate.

Our generation needs to really start to realize how important the condition of our planet is and the importance of recycling, etc. I think Tomorrowland would be a perfect place to display the concepts of a "Green Planet." Incorporate new rides with new theming. I really like what they did with Spaceship Earth, and how the ride is more than an experience, it's a lesson.

Disney needs to be a UNIQUE experience, which is why I think they should do away with the Speedway; you can go anywhere to get that experience. It takes a huge footprint in the park in what I would consider a prime location. You can use that space for another great attraction. I'm sure most people can agree that Tron wasn't a great movie, but the visual effects and the audio were stunning. I think it would be fantastic if they did a Tron 4-D light cycle simulator where the Speedway currently is. I imagine the outside of the building appearing to be the Flynn arcade like the one in the movie. Then you have the arcade...which they could make like Tower of Terror, as a spooky, dusty setting (like the movie) that leads you into the basement of the arcade where you board your own personal light cycle.

OR the arcade could be full of vibrant colors instead of approaching the whole spooky scene...

On a much smaller scale, they could just turn the speedway into a Tron themed Speedway. But would we really be getting anything out of that?

I think a WALL-E attraction would do really well in place of Stitch or the Laugh Floor. The only thing is I wouldn't even know where to begin on a WALL-E attraction. The movie did a great job on portraying a message to the audience which I loved. The ideas behind WALL-E would fit really well into Tomorrowland. Laugh Floor can be moved to Hollywood Studios.

Plus, Magic Kingdom really lacks good dining. Thank you WDW for giving us the Beauty and the Beast restaurant, but that's only a start. I think a restaurant themed similar to the Encounter restaurant at LAX would look fantastic in Fantasyland.

A new and updated Tomorrowland would really be a good opportunity for all of these ideas to come together. Company's can advertise their new's products in the parks, whether it's Apple's new iPad or Chevrolet's Volt. It's a chance for sponsors to come in and show the public new concepts their working on, but also implementing it as part of the experience/atmosphere.

I don't think ANY Avatar should be added to Tomorrowland. It fits the shoes of Beastly Kingdom perfectly, and nothing about Avatar makes me think about the Land of Tomorrow....It makes me think of a society that we shouldn't become. I think it will do very well in AK. Very entertaining movie with a good story. As good as Harry Potter? Good luck with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom