Tomorrowland

yeti

From a looks standpoint I think Tomorrowland looks just fine. I would not mind a tweak or two but more than anything, I would like to see SGE changed out, the Speedway updated and CoP given a proper refurb and update.

My thoughts exactly. It's certainly much better, aesthetically speaking, than DL's. I would have Buzz Lightyear and the Speedway refurbished, CoP replaced with whatever TDA is pushing for their Tomorrowland in the near future, and SGE torn out and stomped on (a vacant building would be better than what's there right now).

Where I'd like to see the most work done is Future World and DHS.

wickedfan07

COP only needs an update for the final scene.

CoP needs to be moved to Epcot and be updated in the process.

I've always thought Tomorrowland should be set as a lunar colony at some random time in the future. Imagine driving your electric Autopia car, guided on the pavement by radio frequency things (I think that's how the UoE vehicles work? Wikipedia think so. - unfortunately it references a website that no longer exists.) instead of those ugly rails. Your vehicles cruises by lunar scenery, through moon caves with crazy moon critters inside, etc. Space Mountain is redressed as a real, working lunar spaceport. There could even be a JttCotE-style attraction with some sort of wacky moon monster at the climactic moment. And the entire thing can be surrounded by Carsland-esque rock work that really provides a nice backdrop for a lunar city.

Can you tell I've thought about this? :lol:

awhit066

I don't know what kind of "insider" connections, if any, that the site Disney Gossip has. However, they posted an article on the future of Tomorrowland and possibly Avatar at DL and WDW on 3/10.

Probably nothing more than speculation, but still an interesting take on what may happen next.

http://www.disneygossip.com/2012/03/great-big-beautiful-tomorrow.html

Wow, I really don't like his implication that Avatar would be incorporated into tomorrowland. I actually really like the concept of the environment being created in Animal Kingdom, but if it went to TL I can only imagine it would be entirely indoors and not an environment type experience.

PirateFrank

I may catch some cr*p for this, but I really feel that the MK and Epcot need to be off TDO's radar for a while.

The big monster on the horizon is the second phase of WWoHP. When the ability to experience Diagon Alley requires a second day ticket, you will see WDW guests peeling days off of one end of their WDW trip....and not in the middle, but on either end. They will start cutting short their trip on one end or the other...and they will stay at Uni for 2-3 days.

The *only* way Disney can counter that is to turn DHS and AK into full day parks....

Just my humble opinion. While I definitely see Tomorrowland needing the love, I still don't understand how they can ignore the capacity issues at DHS that results in 2+ hour waits on a 3d spinning video game....or the inability for TDO to properly fix it's flagship attraction at DHS.

If you properly expand these two parks, you don't even have to worry about Potter....the revenue will increase sufficiently to reinvest some of it back into the MK and Epcot.

jjharvpro

I may catch some cr*p for this, but I really feel that the MK and Epcot need to be off TDO's radar for a while.

The big monster on the horizon is the second phase of WWoHP. When the ability to experience Diagon Alley requires a second day ticket, you will see WDW guests peeling days off of one end of their WDW trip....and not in the middle, but on either end. They will start cutting short their trip on one end or the other...and they will stay at Uni for 2-3 days.

The *only* way Disney can counter that is to turn DHS and AK into full day parks....

Just my humble opinion. While I definitely see Tomorrowland needing the love, I still don't understand how they can ignore the capacity issues at DHS that results in 2+ hour waits on a 3d spinning video game....or the inability for TDO to properly fix it's flagship attraction at DHS.

If you properly expand these two parks, you don't even have to worry about Potter....the revenue will increase sufficiently to reinvest some of it back into the MK and Epcot.

Agreed.. Disney is obviously still on top, but Uni is trailing right behind. While I still believe Tomorrowland (One of my favorite places in all of WDW) needs TLC and updating (Stitch, Speedway), DHS and DAK need more.

As much as I'm desperate for EPCOT to be "fixed" and am totally for a Tomorrowland makeover, I have to agree with this. Regardless if AK gets Avatar or not, logically something should be done to keep people there for an entire day. And DHS is my second least favorite for a reason--aside from 2 or 3 rides, I have no desire to go there.

But if I had the ability to "make over" Tomorrowland, I'd re-theme it to fit the "retro future" look and draw from Meet the Robinsons for the designs. The Laugh Floor would be moved to DHS, Stitch would be replaced, Buzz would be refurbed, and the CoP would be refurbed and updated. I'd put another E-ticket either where the speedway is or between Buzz and CoP. Why not also re-do the Speedway into some sort of Tron Lightcycle racer track?

Animaniac93-98

Tomorrowland at Disneyland needs a theme update, but has some decent attractions. Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom needs new attractions, but has a decent theme.

This statement sums up perfectly what wrong with the two lands.

Disneyland's Tomorrowland, besides the lagoon, looks like a total mess and the patch-work that has been done to it hasn't really helped. Painting a building white doesn't automatically make it fit with another of a totally different style. The location of Astro Orbitor and the mechanism in place where it used to be also look pretty sad and the Rocket Rods track just sitting there for no real reason should be removed at this point if nothing is going to be done with it. It does look better at night, but in the daylight it's not very flattering.

MK could do with some new attractions, but updates done well enough would be sufficient in my mind.

John

Just one request please......leave my COP alone. However in the spirit of the thread I agree the theater could use help. I also wouldnt be opposed to a final scene change. The entire attraction is supposed to be nostalgic. Why does every single area, attraction, hot dog cart has to have all the bells , whistles and LED lighting?

The fanboi in me gets all steamy eyed when I sit in this attraction. Seems like there are a few of you here that forget ( or dont know) the history of this attraction.

JungleTrekFan

I would love to see something happen but, Tomorrowland really is not in bad shape.

Only thing that really needs to be done is;
Repaint the merchants of venus to Cosmic Ray’s area, as that is all in need of a good paint job (use the new space mountain color scheme).
and put a different scene and add a new scene to the Buzz Lightyear people mover tunnel. The hairstyling scene does not make sense with the spiel for Buzz being yelled at you while you pass it. and the tunnel is missing its other window, so if they could turn that into another scene that would be nice.
Speedway needs new cars, some futuristic theme elements, anything would help it.

If they could make the land as a whole work better, (maybe 1 or 2 color schemes instead of the 3 or 4).

As stated before this land does looks great at night. But whatever happened to the changing LEDs on the poeplemover?

MUTZIE77

I would love to see that as well. While it gets much flack, it is as big a part of a MK style park at the tea cups, or PotC. I would love to see this thing move into the 21 century with electric cars and new styling. They would have to fix the drainage issues before going electric though.

Do any of the other MK style parks have electric cars in their speedways/autopias?

Clever Name

CoP needs to be moved to Epcot and be updated in the process.
Nope, they need to leave CoP in its current location. Then they need to move CBJ and Tiki Birds into Tomorrowland and rename the entire area Historic Attraction Land. All the current attractions qualify as both old and historic. :wave:

Gregoryp73

please update speedway! As someone else suggested here on the boards to make it a Cars land attraction. That would be great!

While I love Pixar movies....they really need to move the Pixar stuff and keep it at the studios. I would love to see a tomorrowland that followed Walt's lead. Capturing the imaginations of what could be, and what might be....not what just happened to rule the box office in 2008.

Walt was fascinated with the future...now it seems as if we are looking at a MK with no future (no pun intended). MK needs cutting edge! Maglev Transit authority...implement pseudo holograms into dark rides...Flying cars (or cars that look like they hover) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom