Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party

durangojim

Has anyone done this and is it worth it?

My wife and I did it last October and it was very nice. Basically it's just a bunch of deserts that you can eat as much as you want and a good view of the fireworks. We're going to it again in a week, taking our son there on his 5th birthday. For special occasions it can be fun and it's a nice thing to do once, but if they raise the price more we wouldn't do it.

wdwhoneymooner

We did it on July 4th, 2009, before the recent price increase. The dessert spread was great, with a good selection of sweets. If you or anyone in your party enjoys chocolate covered strawberries, I'd recommend you get your fill early because they seem to go first. The CM's do a great job of replenishing items.

meganw1985

I was able to book the dessert party today for Sept. 4. It was $70.26 for 2 adults and 1 child. A little pricey for just dessert. That is the price of a full buffet meal for the three of us. We are celebrating a birthday though, and I thought I may regret it if I don't do it and they discontinue it or something so I went ahead and booked it. I hope we aren't disappointed! :rolleyes:

paul436

I booked this for 12/26. I don't know if it will be worth the price but just to stay out of the crowds (I'm expecting huge crowds the day after Xmas) might be worth it. My Dad's wife (in her 80s now) still gets around well but had a hard time with the fireworks crowd when she was there with us a few years ago. I'm hoping this will make for a more enjoyable experience.

wdwhoneymooner

I booked this for 12/26. I don't know if it will be worth the price but just to stay out of the crowds (I'm expecting huge crowds the day after Xmas) might be worth it. My Dad's wife (in her 80s now) still gets around well but had a hard time with the fireworks crowd when she was there with us a few years ago. I'm hoping this will make for a more enjoyable experience.

It's much less crowded there. Even with all the folks standing and watching the pyros, there was plenty of elbow room vs. feeling like canned sardines. Folks also seemed less stressed because: A) eating sweets, B) had chairs to sit on while waiting for the show, C) eating sweets...... :D

oxodizer

I did the dessert party just last week and it was one of the neatest things I've done at Disney in a while. The desserts are definitely good, but I actually think the amount of space and the fact that Tinkerbell flew right over us and waved to us were the coolest things. Being able to just sit and relax without crying children and strollers and people jockeying for a space to set up there tripods was good enough for the price. The only drawback I could see is if you go on a night when they happen to only run the parade once you won't really be able to see it as the dessert party starts at the same time as the parade.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Does anyone know if this is likely to be resumed for 2011? We'll be there in June and it sounds great. :slurp::slurp::slurp::slurp::hurl: :ROFLOL:

Almost certainly!! Its sold out most nights! I thoroughly enjoyed it so i would say yes it will become a permanent thing :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom