News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

_caleb

If so shame on Disney for not starting this up 2 weeks prior to help crowds
Also seems like they should be talking this up on social media. A quick scroll through WDW's Twitter and I didn't see it mentioned. I know the train isn't a huge draw, but it seems like a good positive announcement they could be leveraging.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Also seems like they should be talking this up on social media. A quick scroll through WDW's Twitter and I didn't see it mentioned. I know the train isn't a huge draw, but it seems like a good positive announcement they could be leveraging.
It’s not official yet I believe that date is just a rumor but I agree whenever it returns they need to show that off

ToTBellHop

Great.

1671666487668.jpeg

Goofyernmost

If there were a long line of people with experience in operating a steam locomotive willing to work for next to nothing, then I wouldn't understand why they haven't started to run them yet. I asked myself that same question... How many times is it necessary to run test trains around a track before they can let passengers on. My guess is as long as it takes to train people, unfamiliar with that type of train to understand how to operate them safely and without having to guess about what those gauges are telling them.

This is what an exploded train boiler looks like:

1671712782433.png

Last edited:

Blanrson

In my talking with a MK CM the other day about when the railroad will reopen - she was being trained as a conductor, after first considering being an engineer/fireman. She said that she didn't know when it will reopen, not do any of the team leads.

What was interesting is when I asked about the training to be an engineer/fireman, I asked if they needed to be licensed. When I worked at a steam railroad in the NE, we had to have state licenses in the operations of boilers. She said there wasn't any state licensing requirements, that the engineers/fireman undergo local training, with no test.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom