News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

griffin ferrari

Some photo updates of track from today.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, March 29, 2019. During the Tomorrowland Speedway reconstruction, Disney took the time to update (replant) the landscaping around the track. Compare with previous photos of grass and large bushes.

As shown in a previous post, new railroad ties have been laid along the track bed leaving the Main Street station towards Frontierland. Rails are installed on the ties up to behind the Jungle Cruise. Beyond that, only new ties can be seen, no rails yet. The view below is from the monorail station. If new ties and track are installed on the entire perimeter, the ride should be smoother.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Photo update as of Friday, March 29, 2019. During the Tomorrowland Speedway reconstruction, Disney took the time to update (replant) the landscaping around the track. Compare with previous photos of grass and large bushes.

View attachment 360052

View attachment 360053

As shown in a previous post, new railroad ties have been laid along the track bed leaving the Main Street station towards Frontierland. Rails are installed on the ties up to behind the Jungle Cruise. Beyond that, only new ties can be seen, no rails yet. The view below is from the monorail station. If new ties and track are installed on the entire perimeter, the ride should be smoother.

View attachment 360056
Isn't the train supposed to go 'clickity-clack' 😆

GlacierGlacier

View attachment 360052

View attachment 360053

View attachment 360056
I REALLY like that new shrubbery.

Watch as this is the extent of updates the speedway gets 😂

RSoxNo1

They are adding the Cars show down by ToT...
I'd welcome a lightly themed Cars speedway over there. Or how about this - street facades from the World Grand Prix, that they cover with Christmas lights each year and guests can walk the streets like they could during the Osborne Lights.

Captain Neo

It would be so cool if they did a diorama using the Universe of energy AAs. Does anyone want to start a petition to get Disney’s attention on the latter? Seems like it wouldn’t cost too much especially right now

MakDis

Sorry if this question has already been answered. I can't seem to find the answer.

Is this project on the outside of the park tied to the Tron and WDWRR construction? It seems to be on the outside of the train berm. I wasn't sure if it is dealing with the RR or possibly a new walkway.

Thanks!

GlacierGlacier

Sorry if this question has already been answered. I can't seem to find the answer.

Is this project on the outside of the park tied to the Tron and WDWRR construction? It seems to be on the outside of the train berm. I wasn't sure if it is dealing with the RR or possibly a new walkway.

Thanks!

View attachment 361791
It's from the same water management permit - they're increasing the size of the drainage/puddle over there to correspond with the development of Tron.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 11, 2019. A few photos of the construction area outside of the train track, enlarging the size of the retention pond between the track and the monorail line to Magic Kingdom. Appears the new berm will be "tiered" and perhaps rows of trees will be installed to screen the view between the train and the monorail and Contemporary resort, but just my opinion. Sorry to see some of the old, large oak trees gone now.

Pieces of the old train track.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom