Tomorrowland new entrance

Phroobar

Original Poster
Benches? For people to relax on? For free? You're not thinking financially here, bud. $120 per bench for the privilege of sitting during parade time.
Don't they already do that? They pretend to give you some food too.

kevlightyear

Final rock removal showing up on the next version of the map

419532-1.jpg

419532.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

Now move the Astro Orbiter.

If they opened up the pathways that funnel into the TL entrance and struck the Peoplemover tracks between Buzz and Star Tours they could easily solve most of the cronic bottleneck problems without moving it. Not that I'm an advocate of keeping it there.

George Lucas on a Bench

I think the old TL entrances look too open and bare, to be honest. Adding more plants and that sort of thing in the 90s was a great idea. It needs more trees. I mean, come on. In that photo of the old DL TL, there are like a couple palm trees scattered off to the side and it looks ridiculous.

beachlover4444

I think the old TL entrances look too open and bare, to be honest. Adding more plants and that sort of thing in the 90s was a great idea. It needs more trees. I mean, come on. In that photo of the old DL TL, there are like a couple palm trees scattered off to the side and it looks ridiculous.
from what Fresh Baked showed yesterday it looks like it's gonna be pretty wide open with a few Planter areas so that's awesome. They still have that little electrical building there on the one side that they are gonna have to somehow cover up to make it fit in, probably a few bushes or plants around it. Just hope it's down by nov 5 when we get there for our first trip.

Miru

Making the rocks an exotic color would have sold the theming of the area, but removing them is fine as it makes the pathways less obstructive and allows for better crowd control.

Its so crazy to me that in just 20 years nearly everything from the NEW 98 Tomorrowland is gone. It has to be one of the most EPIC fails in WDI/DP&R history. It and DCA 1.0 just a few short years later.

As for the Orbitor....I love it and would be happy to see it moved back on top the platform in the back of TL to act as the kinetic wienie for the land. That said - I visited DL for the first time in 1997 as a young college kid. I have never known the wide open TL entrance. Will be weird to see it open if / when this last vestige of TL98 goes away. In the meantime DL has enough fake rock and I will be happy to see a more opened up TL entrance that is "Rock Free" in a few weeks. I do wonder if a TL marquee will return.....possibly hung from the People Mover tracks like back during the Star Wars events in the last few years.

Finally, more scars of Pressler removed! Victory screech! And about the worst things to have happened... I’d place Pixar Pier there due to the sheer amount of gnashing at the garishness and the very few actual improvements they did.

I think it has to do with the fact that while the land overall sucks theme wise, at least the individual rides are fun & enjoyable. People like them.

You can’t say the same about DCA 1.0. You hear lots of people have Space Mountain & Star Tours (Buzz to an extent) in their favorite ride list. Nobody ever had Superstar Limo or the Mulholland Madness in their favorite ride list.

Even today there’s Smuggler’s Run.

To me, those entry rocks and the decaying PeopleMover tracks have stood for two decades as a silent monument to bad executive decisions.

They are some of the final vestiges of the Pressler/Harriss era that I consider the worst 1-2 punch of Disneyland leaders in my lifetime, and likely of all time.

I am very happy to see the rocks go. I'll have more mixed feelings when the PeopleMover tracks finally come down.

Again, this is a good thing that we are removing the scars of Pressler’s run. Many, many people here would say Chapek is even worse, though. I disagree, as Chapek has added more than he took away. You can’t be too furious at many of his rides, especially earlier ones like 7DMT, even if they’re all based on IP, for too long. His restaurants are sublime. Pressler? Soarin’. That’s pretty much it, other than maybe Pooh.

To be fair the Ominbus or Pinocchio's Daring Journey aren't likely on anyone's favorite ride list either.

Don't Soarin' and California Screamin' Incredicoaster routinely rank as two of the most popular attractions at DLR?

Of course they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom