Tomorrowland Murals painted black?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Well remember it may be a stupid change to you, but is likely applauded by many many others. :cool:
duly noted :)
giphy.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In what world does it take *months* to paint solid colors on side of buildings. Maybe a week. But months??

I'm assume you're talking about Main St., so I'm not sure what you mean months. Maybe it just seems like months and months. I'm not an expert, maybe someone else can respond, but as I recall if its just simply repainting it takes about a month for each side.

Now of course if other things are being done during that time like taking care of wood rot and other maintenance activities like replacing lighting etc., it could take longer.

FerretAfros

I'm not a Twitter-er so this may be old news, but it appears that at least some pieces of the tiles removed from the Star Tours building are still around:

Maybe there is truth to them being used in the mosaic walls at Restaurant Bella Notte in DLP after all!

britain

I'm not a Twitter-er so this may be old news, but it appears that at least some pieces of the tiles removed from the Star Tours building are still around:

Maybe there is truth to them being used in the mosaic walls at Restaurant Bella Notte in DLP after all!

You sure those are from Tomorrowland? They could be parts of Heimlich's CANDY CORN!!! :p

trainplane3

There's more to his tweets on that subject:

Yes, some of it did make it to DLP according to the man that did a lot of work on the park.

Also, follow Tom Morris. He's a goldmine of info, mainly Epcot and DLP.

wedway6482

To avoid starting a new thread,

Anyone willing to share conventional wisdom on future for Tomorrowland? There seems to be solid rumors for Fantasyland and Toontown. How do the other future projects for Disneyland affect timing for the Carousel building and Star Tours facilities?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Anyone willing to share conventional wisdom on future for Tomorrowland? There seems to be solid rumors for Fantasyland and Toontown. How do the other future projects for Disneyland affect timing for the Carousel building and Star Tours facilities?

The rumors around the campfire from various different sites like MC and insiders here have indicated that WDI is currently trying to find a way to do a TL redo. They want to make sure anything they do will last 30+ years (at least that is what I remember), which is why it hasn't been done yet and keeps slipping down in priority.

Right now the priority after SW:GE is Marvel Land in DCA. Everything will shift to that in full force once SW:GE is completed early next year. And then the MMRR for TT will be after that. Then with all the political stuff that happened in 2016-2018 in Anaheim, the next priority is to get the Eastern Gateway project back on the path to approval, and then started so they can get the DCA expansion they want. And then maybe FL expansion after that.

Bottom line, don't look for a TL redo announcement anytime in the next 5 years.

This of course is just my opinion with no actual inside info. Also priorities change, so anything is possible.

Nland316

Plans are definitely in the works. Don’t quite know anything else beyond that I can share. I would assume it’s not to gain any significant traction until much further into the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom