Tomorrowland Movie

Donfan

Original Poster
I did a search and couldn't find anything, so here goes:

The "USA Weekend" supplement to our local newspaper had the following brief note:

"George Clooney, who is 52 on May 6, heads for Vancouver this summer to film Disney's Tomorrowland, co-starring House's Hugh Laurie."

Not from Disney, but this sounds pretty official.

tissandtully

I did a search and couldn't find anything, so here goes:

The "USA Weekend" supplement to our local newspaper had the following brief note:

"George Clooney, who is 52 on May 6, heads for Vancouver this summer to film Disney's Tomorrowland, co-starring House's Hugh Laurie."

Not from Disney, but this sounds pretty official.

Yep, this has been in pre-production for a while. Directed by Brad Bird. No one is sure of the plot yet.

Zman-ks

Yep, this has been in pre-production for a while. Directed by Brad Bird. No one is sure of the plot yet.
75.gif

Weird...

Vader2112

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
Plot - George Clooney goes on vacation to WDW and visits Tommorrowland. He starts pulling out his hair because the theme has little to do with the future any more. He ends up in the Psych Ward being attended by Dr. House (Laurie) who unsuccessfully tries to explain why there are Monsters and a terrible attraction called SGE with no success. We find both Clooney and Laurie wandering through Future Word in EPCOT shaking there heads in futher confusion as to what is so futuristic. They decide to go to La Cava and try to drink away their mental anguish. They later go to rehab where non other than Brad Pitt is the treatment counselor named Tom Morrow who questions why the Tomorrwland Speedway exists with old school looking vehicles powered by glorified lawnmower engines. The climax is an Epic as the three decide to confront TDO. In a stand off on par with the Helm Deep scene in Lord of the Rings the Two Towers battling the 3 evil ones Phil, Tom and Meg.

champdisney

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
Plot - George Clooney goes on vacation to WDW and visits Tommorrowland. He starts pulling out his hair because the theme has little to do with the future any more. He ends up in the Psych Ward being attended by Dr. House (Laurie) who unsuccessfully tries to explain why there are Monsters and a terrible attraction called SGE with no success. We find both Clooney and Laurie wandering through Future Word in EPCOT shaking there heads in futher confusion as to what is so futuristic. They decide to go to La Cava and try to drink away their mental anguish. They later go to rehab where non other than Brad Pitt is the treatment counselor named Tom Morrow who questions why the Tomorrwland Speedway exists with old school looking vehicles powered by glorified lawnmower engines. The climax is an Epic as the three decide to confront TDO. In a stand off on par with the Helm Deep scene in Lord of the Rings the Two Towers battling the 3 evil ones Phil, Tom and Meg.

LOL! Loving the plot! But on a realistic note, I really do wish Brad Bird the best on this film, with two very well known and talented actors, I'm sure this movie won't disappoint... At least I hope it doesn't! If this movie proves to be a hit with both the audiences and the box offices, the next logical step for Disney to take will be to retheme/retell another story to Space Mountain! With a brand new track might I add! And by brand new track, I mean't a brand new track for WALT DISNEY WORLD'S SPACE MOUNTAIN!!! So, Mr. Brad "The Incredibles" Bird, DO NOT DISAPPOINT! Thanks :)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Filming started 2 weeks and Entertainment Weekly has posted a few...very few details on the plot of Tommorowland.

"Bound by a shared destiny, a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor jaded by disillusionment embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory as ‘Tomorrowland.’”

"About the only thing fans have been presented about this movie is its tone — a mix of wonder, optimism, fantasy and old-school sci-fi of the kind Bradbury, Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, and Ursula K. Le Guin helped popularize"

The article also makes guesses as to the characters the cast will play as Disney has not released these details.

216bruce

Wow, those are great pix. Certainly seeing the "Disney-past" connection to this movie. Really looking forward to it. Thanks!!

prberk

Wow. Between this and the "Saving Mr. Banks" film (not sure if I remembered the title exactly), it looks like SOMEONE at Disney remembers and understands the company's (and Walt's) collective vision and outlook that made it so successful in the '50s and '60s. And yes, it was due to a team of people who included Walt, but was more than Walt. And it continued for some time after his death...

What is sad to me is that the parks and resorts (or at least the imagineers ... or maybe the corporate decision-makers above them) seem to have forgotten the strength of this vision, just as the film division is proving how resilient it is.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Wow. Between this and the "Saving Mr. Banks" film (not sure if I remembered the title exactly), it looks like SOMEONE at Disney remembers and understands the company's (and Walt's) collective vision and outlook that made it so successful in the '50s and '60s. And yes, it was due to a team of people who included Walt, but was more than Walt. And it continued for some time after his death...

What is sad to me is that the parks and resorts (or at least the imagineers ... or maybe the corporate decision-makers above them) seem to have forgotten the strength of this vision, just as the film division is proving how resilient it is.

I think we have a bunch of film makers who grew up watching Uncle Walt on TV and it greatly influenced them. They have reached and age where they have worked their way up in the business and can get these make these films. Also we are enough removed from Walt's hay day that the company doesn't necessarily fear any of Walt's "bad" points being shown when compared with people who run some of the studios today.

I read this article yesterday on the making of Saving Mr Bank's and thought it was good. The discuss the line the film makers and the studio walked to bring the film to life and how much of Walt's vices they should show etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom