Tomorrowland DLR in my mind

Californian Elitist

I assume tomorrow land would be deserted based on a few things -

1. New anything pulls crowds - when cars land opened in 2012, DCA was a walk on practically for every other attraction including etickets for nearly two years. It was heaven to be in any part of that park except Route 66.

2. Avengers / Star Wars franchises cater to (I don’t mean to over generalize here) approximately the same crowd. Even on packed days recently star tours has had ~20-30 minute wait times and the indoor queue is hardly utilized. Buzz Lightyear pulls a bigger crowd at times.

Launch bay - no need anymore - ghost town already.

Path of the Jedi - again. Ghost town.

This still doesn’t really prove that Tomorrowland will be empty once Avengers opens. That’s an elementary claim.

DanielBB8

Tomorrowland needs an overhaul, but it's a waste of money to move the same things around just to move them.

They're already started removing the french fry rocks and overhauling the facades in front of Star Tours. Previously, they removed the seating below the People Mover tracks.

The rumor is People Mover tracks are coming down soon and the submarine and autopia are positioned to be demolished soon with the little upkeep the submarines is getting. The Path of Jedi theater is poorly attended so they decided to use that space to put in elevators for Space Mountain. Nothing new going into Innoventions building.

I anticipate they will just do more demolishing until the trigger is pulled for a new E-Ticket. The short list is Tron, that I believe will take up space at Innoventions building, submarines, and part of autopia. Then another attraction to replace Star Tours. Open up the theater for food vendor and overflow restaurant seating.

The northern half of autopia can fit Fantasyland expansion with Frozen ride.

Another rumor is monorail will be shortened to accommodate the Fantasyland expansion and Tron addition.

Last edited:

Andrewarthur89

Original Poster
WHAT????? There are more people in Tomorrowland still than STAR WARS TOWN. Star Wars Town could not bring guests into DISNEYLAND itself over the summer, it certainly is not pulling guests away from other lands making those lands empty. Don't know where you got that idea from.
Well the parks have shown a consistent trend over the last 11 years of attendance figures increasing at least 5% annually. This is the first year since 2004 (50th anniversary that the park has shown a significant decline in attendance albeit spending was on par - indicating more out of town guests are patronizing and spending in the park. Vs the annual passholders who patronize often and spend almost nothing per visit per capita. So my logic that swge is pulling from Tomorrowland is based on the trend of spending patterns of those who are attending the park. The shift in the demographic patronizing the park and the simple logic that 14 acres were added to the park.

Andrewarthur89

Original Poster
Best guess:

With SWGE pulling crowds away from an overworked tomorrow land, imagineers are hard at work planning Tomorrowland 4.0 at DLR.

Once avengers campus is completed crowds should ideally abandon Tomorrowland altogether.

I would imagine Tomorrowland, almost entirely to close once avengers opens. Probably following the subsequent holiday season just to accommodate crowds.

Star Tours:
Will be re skinned - re themed into another space themed attraction - as a budget overlay like guardians, Wall-E seems most likely to me. It makes little sense to keep a Star Wars attraction outside the realm of the new land. I wouldn’t entirely close the door on a non ip based simulator ride like Epcot’s mission space either.

Space Mountain:
Zero changes - will likely remain open during land refurb via overflow walkway access behind the plaza inn.

Autopia:
Scrapped - we can drive go carts at any boomers or mini golf in so cal.

Submarines:
Hiatus but returns mostly unchanged. Difficult spiral staircases reworked to allow linear boarding. Entering from the front and exiting from the back would eliminate the excessive boarding process requiring all passengers disembark before new guest can even start boarding. Combined with the new 3 sub load / unload station should solve the capacity issues plaguing this attraction.

Astro blasters:
Vehicle repairs / replaced. Overall attraction is in disrepair. It could be eliminated entirely. They have not fixed anything since the 50th anniversary.

Innoventions show building:
Will become the queue / station and multiple pre show rooms housing for a new attraction based on the new Pixar film onward- while no details of the film are known - title and trailer may suggest that in some way the film could be futuristic as evolution and growth seem to prevail in the trailer “times change”. Indoor story telling can take place on multiple levels of the enormous structure. Outdoor thrilling sections can utilize the huge footprint from autopia. I would imagine an Intamin or Mack rides multi launch coaster, both companies have a solid reputation with WDI.

People mover tracks:
I truly believe they have not removed these tracks for a reason, besides being cheap. These tracks - in some form will be used for something. I’d like to see an attraction based on past future present - travel through the worlds of space in the wall e and space mountain attractions - travel though the now in the Forrest and sub lagoon - travel through the worlds of imagining the impossible with buzz Lightyear and fantasyland views. I really think it could be epic if the ride vehicles were extraordinary like encapsulated in semi transparent parabolic dome where a projector could paint a world for the rider mixing reality around them and imagination layered in.

Tomorrowland Terrace stage will be completely removed to Re-home the Astro orbiter - finally allowing free flowing traffic in and out of the land.

The motion theater under space mtn queue can be opened up to provide live entertainment and stage shows to a semi open air audience by removing the facade facing the plaza. Movie previews can be done at the opera house. There’s no reason that auditorium should be used for previews and not be an attraction itself.

These are all just my imagination!
I just want to say - I’m new to this. I thought this would be a fun and safe place to talk to other people with similar interests and maybe make some new friends. I was sharing some thoughts I had that I thought would be cool and fun. And some people liked it and some supported it with their own personal ideas as well and I thanked them. I prefaced the entire post saying this is just my imagination - trying to spark a convo. The level of hostility and hate mail I’ve received back is just something I never expected from a community of like minded individuals who all appreciate and enjoy a common experience.

Negativity, trolls and criticism have clearly seeped into even the friendly blogs about Disney parks.

Anjin

Negativity, trolls and criticism have clearly seeped into even the friendly blogs about Disney parks.
Glad you came back. This is not the most newbie friendly forum, but there are good conversations to be had. And an Ignore feature when its necessary.

Andrewarthur89

Original Poster
Glad you came back. This is not the most newbie friendly forum, but there are good conversations to be had. And an Ignore feature when its necessary.
Thanks you actually made me smile. I was honestly just sharing some fun thoughts I had - people freaked out on me. Called me names. And just really turned an innocent post about my ideas into something really negative and mean.

Appreciate you taking the time to read it.

SuddenStorm

People mover tracks:
I truly believe they have not removed these tracks for a reason, besides being cheap. These tracks - in some form will be used for something. I’d like to see an attraction based on past future present - travel through the worlds of space in the wall e and space mountain attractions - travel though the now in the Forrest and sub lagoon - travel through the worlds of imagining the impossible with buzz Lightyear and fantasyland views. I really think it could be epic if the ride vehicles were extraordinary like encapsulated in semi transparent parabolic dome where a projector could paint a world for the rider mixing reality around them and imagination layered in.

Over the years there have been a few rumored replacements for the Peoplemover. I wonder how close any of these got, and whether or not that's why they haven't been torn down.

At this point, I think it's pretty safe to assume the tracks will never be used again.

Andrewarthur89

Original Poster
Over the years there have been a few rumored replacements for the Peoplemover. I wonder how close any of these got, and whether or not that's why they haven't been torn down.

At this point, I think it's pretty safe to assume the tracks will never be used again.
You’re probably right - the level they interact with quite literally every attraction in the land - to repair them back to operating would require so much work and extensive closures. It’s hard to see them just decaying in plain sight though. But who knows! Walt always said it’s fun to do the impossible!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I just want to say - I’m new to this. I thought this would be a fun and safe place to talk to other people with similar interests and maybe make some new friends. I was sharing some thoughts I had that I thought would be cool and fun. And some people liked it and some supported it with their own personal ideas as well and I thanked them. I prefaced the entire post saying this is just my imagination - trying to spark a convo. The level of hostility and hate mail I’ve received back is just something I never expected from a community of like minded individuals who all appreciate and enjoy a common experience.

Welcome to the internet. I remember my 1st beer.

Phroobar

You’re probably right - the level they interact with quite literally every attraction in the land - to repair them back to operating would require so much work and extensive closures. It’s hard to see them just decaying in plain sight though. But who knows! Walt always said it’s fun to do the impossible!
Dream big. Don't let what is there influence your ideas. It can be better.

DarkMetroid567

welcome to disney forums, all (not just here) consisting of a bunch of grumpy old people who never stop complaining

Phroobar

Thanks you actually made me smile. I was honestly just sharing some fun thoughts I had - people freaked out on me. Called me names. And just really turned an innocent post about my ideas into something really negative and mean.

Appreciate you taking the time to read it.
I was puzzled by this comment because I don't remember reading any of that. Then I pressed show ignored content and said "Oh that makes sense."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom