Tommorowland Changes

Shaman

:eek: What the.....an enclosed theater in TomorrowLand woah...I don't know whether to be happy or whether to complain...I mean an enclosed theater is something WDW needs...Hyperion over in Cali is a great theater for shows and stuff...but is tomorrowland the best place for this?

Oh well...if this turns out to be true...then I hope themeing to the theater only adds to the tomorrowland atmosphere...it should be interesting to see what happens...so for now I won't complain or praise...its a juicy rumor thats for sure...:D

:confused:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by objr
:eek: What the.....an enclosed theater in TomorrowLand woah...I don't know whether to be happy or whether to complain...I mean an enclosed theater is something WDW needs...Hyperion over in Cali is a great theater for shows and stuff...but is tomorrowland the best place for this?

The Hyperion in DLParis is in their Tommorowland (Discoveryland), and the way it is themed fits very well with the area. :)

imagineer boy

Oh well...if this turns out to be true...then I hope themeing to the theater only adds to the tomorrowland atmosphere...it should be interesting to see what happens...so for now I won't complain or praise...its a juicy rumor thats for sure...:D

:confused:

I hope atleast the shows will have to do with Tomorrowland. Not like "Minnie's big party" which would ruin the tomorrowland theme. BTW the Hyperion Theater is not in California, but in DLP.

Shaman

Originally posted by imagineer boy
I hope atleast the shows will have to do with Tomorrowland. Not like "Minnie's big party" which would ruin the tomorrowland theme. BTW the Hyperion Theater is not in California, but in DLP.

Actually they have one at DCA in California...

Originally posted by wdwmagic
The Hyperion in DLParis is in their Tommorowland (Discoveryland), and the way it is themed fits very well with the area.

Really? I guess thats all that matters then that they theme it real good...I guess it would be kind of nice to see something new in Tomorrowland...

Bimmy56

I think that would be great!! The temporary stage just takes away from the whole retro/Tomorrowland/Jules Verne look and clogs up that nice big open area. Plus the unused Galaxy theater just looks sadly abandoned. I can still remember when they actually had shows there - why did they discontinue those? Does anyone know?

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Bimmy56
I think that would be great!! The temporary stage just takes away from the whole retro/Tomorrowland/Jules Verne look and clogs up that nice big open area. Plus the unused Galaxy theater just looks sadly abandoned. I can still remember when they actually had shows there - why did they discontinue those? Does anyone know?

Probably budget cuts nothanks to the bad and evil Paul Pressler.:fork:

Sulley

...but is tomorrowland the best place for this?

Well... As far as I've seen only school bands have performed there (High School & Middle School). And many, along with Walt, have said the children are our future.

I still think it doesn't fit. But that might be their reasoning for putting it there.

-Sulley

Abercrombie Kid

This really would be really cool. The tempory stage just ruins the atmosphere of te Jules Verne/ Buck Rodgers look. Maybe theme the show to looking back at the times when our minds and imagintion came up with ideas that would change our lives (next generation COP) If you really think about it they could even take out COP and make it the centerpiece of the area at the end of Innoventions with an update of the world's fair facade. The placement of COP in Epcot would really pull together the park in our past, present, and the promise of discovery. The stae could also have a huge flying machine that Jules Vernes would lift off to the sky in a new show that really involves a Jules Verne style flying macine taking trip arounf TL.

DisneyFan 2000

Great news!!!!!!!

Tommorrowland is officially recovering!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what kind of show would they put in there???

But I still would like another ride in tommorrowland... :hammer: :hammer:

PeterAlt

It looks like Disney is finally pumping new money into construction at the theme parks! Buzz Light Year has now begun construction over at DL. Let's not forget to mention Expedition Everest, Soaring, Stitch Escape, and the auto stunt show at MGM. I think the days of cutbacks under Paul Pressler are finally over! Yay!!!

NemoRocks78

Seized
I don't like this. Why in the world would we be wanting a stage show in Tomorrowland? If there needs to be a Hyperion Theatre somewhere, it needs to be in Fantasyland or at the Studios. Hopefully this could be a new 3D attraction of some sort. I'd like to think demolishing the Galaxy Place Theatre would make way for a new ride (Flying Saucers anyone?), but this probably won't happen. The only thing needed to be done to TL right now is a theming rehab such as done in 1994 and a Space Mountain rehab.

meeko_33785

Sounds good to me. I suspect that the show won't be themed to Tomorrowland (if there even is a show and they're not just using it as a more elaborate "Magic Music Days" venue). Tomorrowland theaters are usually infamous for having shows that clash with the land's theming. Just look at Tokyo's "Started With A Mouse" show and Paris' "Minnie's Birthday" show. Both are in Tomorrowland, but don't fit the theming. Even Galaxy Palace has had shows that don't mix with the theming like DisneyMania for a few years.

SpectroMan

Wouldn't it be cool if the new theatre would have a futuristic Broadway-like show. I could just see a cast of human and alien actors and a show like "Phantom of the Space Station, or something like that. It could be something new and different for Disney stage shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom