Tom Sawyer Island

BRER DAVE

Original Poster
Hi Folks,
We last visited Magic Kingdom in Feb 2003 and noticed that on Tom Sawyer's Island the seesaw rock and the muskets at the fort had been removed. Also the name of the Fort had been changed from Sam Clemens to Fort Longhorn. As Tom Sawyer's Island is one of my kids favourites, I'm mindly curious why Disney have made the changes ?

u last visited febuary 2003?wow now thats magic.j/k
ok well i just got back thursday and the muskets where there, o ya watch out for the barrel bridge. micheal and seapot thought it would be funny to sink it

BradleyJ

Originally posted by BRER DAVE
Also the name of the Fort had been changed from Sam Clemens to Fort Longhorn.

I think the Fort Name was changed several yeasr ago, when they Re-Did the Riverboats narration so that "Sam Clemens" was performing it.

So that the narrator of the riverboat and the fort were not the same name, they chaged to name of the fort to Fort Langhorne not Longhorn, after Mark Twain's middle name.

WDWspider

Muskets were removed from DL because a kid got their finger caught in the end and fell and... well you get the idea. Didn't think WDW had removed their muskets though.

meeko_33785

I think I heard that it was changed when Disney relased their "Tom and Huck" movie with Johnatan Taylor Thomas a while back. I believe the fort in that movie was for Langhorn so I believe they changed it to be a tie in for the film. It was also around the same time they redid the nairration of the Riverboat so I'm sure that had something to do with it as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom