Tom Sawyer Island- Liberty Square

malachijester

Original Poster
I don't know how many of you know this, but if you are on the first boat ride over to the island when they open(10:00 AM), they hide paintbrushes all over the island. If your family finds one(they only let you find one), they give you a free fastpass for everyone in your family to either Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I had never heard of this in all the years I've been to Disney until recently when I went. This is definitely a secret that most people don't know about...so don't tell anybody. haha

Tom

Beta Return
malachijester said:
I don't know how many of you know this, but if you are on the first boat ride over to the island when they open(10:00 AM), they hide paintbrushes all over the island. If your family finds one(they only let you find one), they give you a free fastpass for everyone in your family to either Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I had never heard of this in all the years I've been to Disney until recently when I went. This is definitely a secret that most people don't know about...so don't tell anybody. haha

So, is this something they do every day or just on special days or what? I've never heard of this, but that doesn't mean it's not real. Did you personally have this happen to you, or did you hear about it?

donald23

Yea, this really happened to me. We actually found more than one, but we left the others because they don't count. I think it's a lot of fun though, we found our's in Harper Mill.
oh...and I changed my name...lol

tigger1968

Silly question, but here goes...

Are the brushes marked in any way to indicate what they are for? I'm curious as to how anyone would know to turn one in otherwise.

Stitchling

We did it!

We've only just come home from WDW last week! While we were in the MK, we went to Tom's island. Just past the fence by Polly's place, my 10 year old asked about the paint brush and what we were supposed to do. He pointed to a spot behind the fence where one sat on the ground. My older son jumped the little wooden fence and walked through the brush to get it. We took a photo as proof that we actually found one and turned it in to a CM and got our FP for Splash Mountain. Good thing too as the wait was 90 minutes when we got in line. We asked the CM if we could keep the certificate as a souvenier and she wrote "void" on it and handed it back. I'm sure we'll talk about this for many years to come!

The countdown to next years holiday begins now....!:sohappy:

darthjohnny

I heard not all cast members are aware of this, and if you give them the paint brushes, they won't necessarily give you the fast passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom