Tom Sawyer Island - 2 Month Refurb

bpiper

Hmm.. With the push back of the Liberty Belle's refurbishment's end, want to bet that they found that they need to replace more track? Probably in the section where the rafts go back and forth. Hence the Island closure. As a side benefit, it will save a few dollars in CM wages and gas for the rafts.

Lucky

For a modest upcharge guests can help re-enact a scene from Tom Sawyer. Most profitable re-furb ever....

61D5230E-892E-4FBD-BC2D-4A9358C16D94.jpeg

StarshipDisney

Probably not practical but I’d love if they refurbed Aunt Polly’s (quick serve) and included some specialty items that made it a destination.

As I have read anyway, the problem with Aunt Polly's is that there is no underground access to Tom Sawyer Island so they had to bring everything over via the rafts. It was too much trouble so they closed Aunt Polly's and will not reopen it.

Too bad. I would also love to see them reopen it.

yaksplat

As I have read anyway, the problem with Aunt Polly's is that there is no underground access to Tom Sawyer Island so they had to bring everything over via the rafts. It was too much trouble so they closed Aunt Polly's and will not reopen it.

Too bad. I would also love to see them reopen it.
When did it close?

DisneyDebRob

Not that it would happen, but updates to all of tom sawyer islands show scenes and areas would be vastly welcomed. Any little touch to try and get people to visit would be nice.
Agreed. It’s one of those places with so much possibilities for a huge different experience but when I look at it from the other side, the investment of a few hours just doesn’t make sense to me. So witthey would do more. Even Polly’s would probably get me to visit if it opened.

christine7257

When did it close?

I think it originally closed back in the early 2000s - and was "seasonal" for a while before that. It re-opened for a limited time just a few years ago in 2015 over Easter - with a very limited menu of pre-made sandwiches, bagged chips etc. - but I guess it didn't draw any crowds. They should put one of the limited cupcakes out there... people go nuts over those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom