Rumor Tom Hanks rumored to be new narrator for the Carousel of Progress

NelsonRD

I'll play along with the rumor.

Please no, no Tom Hanks, or any celebrity for CoP. He has contributed to too many roles and his voice will only bore me.
I would prefer a non-celebrity voice where there would be no thoughts of Woody, while focusing on the attraction rather than the voice. It is the reason most movies are terrible, the focus is on famous actors and special effects, and lack a good story.

Heppenheimer

Interesting. Hadn’t heard this, in particular, but CoP has been in line for a refurbishment and finale update for awhile, and they do love working with Tom. The man played Walt Disney. It’s plausible, certainly.
Like since at least the late 1980s...

I recognize much of the nostalgia for this show (which I largely share), but they really need to spread out the decades a little farther. Maybe 1900s, 1950s, late 1980s-early 1990s and the present. How many people today can even really appreciate the technological differences between the 19 aughts and the 1920s?

And of course, none of this will ever happen...

britain

Interesting. Hadn’t heard this, in particular, but CoP has been in line for a refurbishment and finale update for awhile, and they do love working with Tom. The man played Walt Disney. It’s plausible, certainly.

He’s also the liberal most beloved by conservatives (ie, his politics are ignored, and his war/history movies are embraced). That might go along way toward making any other “progressive“ additions acceptable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What’s “JustDisney”? Not interested in giving them clicks if it’s just clickbait speculation.

I am little suspicous of a site that took the time to setup their "advertise with us" page, but not their About and Contact us pages.

Not sure if this rumor has any credibility, but if they did choose to replace the narration, I would be happy with this choice.

rle4lunch

I am little suspicous of a site that took the time to setup their "advertise with us" page, but not their About and Contact us pages.

Not sure if this rumor has any credibility, but if they did choose to replace the narration, I would be happy with this choice.
Or they could just use samples of Walt's voice and overlay it. They have the tech to do that.

Now THAT is more timeless, more Disney.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'll play How about this guy
1610474541819.png
Disney/Pixar seems to have him under contract

dmw

In the Parks
No
I'll play along with the rumor.

Please no, no Tom Hanks, or any celebrity for CoP. He has contributed to too many roles and his voice will only bore me.
I would prefer a non-celebrity voice where there would be no thoughts of Woody, while focusing on the attraction rather than the voice. It is the reason most movies are terrible, the focus is on famous actors and special effects, and lack a good story.
Funny how Hanks voice makes you think of Woody. He's played so many different types of characters. My first recollection of Hanks was in the sitcom, Bosom Buddies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom